Becky's Diet Diary

They are ok....when I go to asda I buy a few of the lunch box treats for me and my daughter to share. ...mini biscuits, chocolate bars etc ....They are all under 140 calories and nice treats ?

Thank you, I will have to explore the aisle to see what I can find for him x

Didn't post yesterday as absolutely manic at work, then went for a walk, then was so tired when I got home!

Started work at 6am today so had to get up at 5...sooooo tired!

Fortunately I have tomorrow off work so a nice 4 day weekend coming up :D

I am also pleased to say that this morning I am 1.4lbs down which means I managed to hit my 5lbs goal for April!!

I am now 1.6lbs off 5 stone which I find totally incredible!

I originally set my goal at 2 stone, then 3 stone and kept going from there but 5 stone is definitely the furthest I want to go for now - I need to give my body and my mind a chance to catch up with all the losses....my skin is too loose, my face is starting to look gaunt and when I look in the mirror I still can't see how much I have lost!

From today I am increasing my calories up to maintain (1800), this is for a sedentary lifestyle, which with an office job mine largely is. I'm not going to eat back exercise calories though so with my 10,000 steps a day I expect the last 1.6lbs will slowly disappear.

Will still continue to post in here of course as this diary is without a doubt one of the main things that has kept me on track and accountable the whole way through!

Didn't post yesterday as absolutely manic at work, then went for a walk, then was so tired when I got home! Started work at 6am today so had to get up at 5...sooooo tired! Fortunately I have tomorrow off work so a nice 4 day weekend coming up :D I am also pleased to say that this morning I am 1.4lbs down which means I managed to hit my 5lbs goal for April!! I am now 1.6lbs off 5 stone which I find totally incredible! I originally set my goal at 2 stone, then 3 stone and kept going from there but 5 stone is definitely the furthest I want to go for now - I need to give my body and my mind a chance to catch up with all the losses....my skin is too loose, my face is starting to look gaunt and when I look in the mirror I still can't see how much I have lost! From today I am increasing my calories up to maintain (1800), this is for a sedentary lifestyle, which with an office job mine largely is. I'm not going to eat back exercise calories though so with my 10,000 steps a day I expect the last 1.6lbs will slowly disappear. Will still continue to post in here of course as this diary is without a doubt one of the main things that has kept me on track and accountable the whole way through!

Wow 5st is just incredible! You are such an inspiration to a lot of people here :) it will probably be hard adjusting to maintaining rather than being in the mindset of losing weight, but you'll definitely work it out. Are you still going to the gym etc?

That is absolutely fantastic. Congratulations!! I'm sure it will take some time to get used to maintaining instead of losing but with the focus you have, I have no doubt you'll smash it x

Wow 5st is just incredible! You are such an inspiration to a lot of people here :) it will probably be hard adjusting to maintaining rather than being in the mindset of losing weight, but you'll definitely work it out. Are you still going to the gym etc?

That is absolutely fantastic. Congratulations!! I'm sure it will take some time to get used to maintaining instead of losing but with the focus you have, I have no doubt you'll smash it x

Thanks

Maintenance is definitely going to be a challenge as I've become so used to my 1200.... my first thought was 'Ooh. ...600 calories of chocolate! ' but obviously that is not a sensible idea!

My plan is to aim for 400 calories for breakfast, lunch and dinner with 600 calories left over for wriggle room/snacks. ...

Today has not gone that way...will post in a bit!

I've cancelled my gym membership as when the sun started shining I wanted to be out walking instead of in the gym so I bought my fitbit with the money I saved and I'm using that with a 10,000 step target every day ☺

Just went to asda and it was nice to look at new food options. ..had to be careful not to fill the trolley with junk!

Today was a crazy day at work so my new food plan went totally to pieces!

Had a big meeting at work yesterday afternoon which I had made about 10 pages of notes in. ...went in to work at 6 am with the intention of getting everything typed up ready for another meeting I was having at 1..... no chance!

Ended up having a meeting with one of my teams at 6.15 due to a major health and safety issue that had been flagged up, then started on typing my notes. ... This stopped when I had another meeting at 8 am and didn't start again. ... I'm training someone up on the payroll for the factory as it takes hours and I don't have time to pull it in so I spent 2 hours with her!

At 10 . 30 I finally got back to my meeting notes and 10 minutes later got a phone call about a major issue in the factory. ...There was a really bad accident that could have been fatal but by some miracle just ended up being one of the worst near misses that the company has ever seen! Spent the next 4 hours carrying out an investigation, putting remidial actions in to place and chatting to all the guys to make sure they were ok.... everyone was very shaken up but that was the worst of it!

Finished work, took my daughter to the doctors then went shopping. ... meeting notes still aren't typed up and I'm off until Tuesday now so I probably won't even understand my notes by the time I look at them again! !!!!

Food was:
Breakfast : beans and sausages 388 calories
Lunch: soup, fruit and a yogurt 354 calories
Dinner: Chinese snacks 908 calories

Still have a few calories left for later!

Sorry to hear you have had a busy day but glad you have four days off now :)

Well done on your loss and a good idea about maintaining x

Thanks binky x

It was a crazy day!

Someone must have been looking out for me today! A miracle loss with my weigh in then a total miracle at work!

Downtime definitely needed now! !!!

Didn't eat anything else so ended the day on 1,650 calories so well within maintenance calories

Did 10,500 steps too which I'm happy with.

Planning a long walk tomorrow if the weather is ok!

Nice long walk planned for today. ... going to take my daughter to school then walk to my grandma's which will be about 2 and a half miles, from there I'll walk to my other grandparents which is another mile or so. ... then home again. ... should be at least 5 miles in total! If I walk to pick my daughter up from school later as well that will be another mile! Will decide on that one later though!

12,000 steps nailed already and its only 11.15!

Breakfast was a bagel with butter 258 calories
Had some belvita biscuits as a snack while I was out 220 calories
Lunch was a salmon and broccoli pie and fruit 431 calories
Having fajitas for dinner which I've guestimated at 656 calories

Still have calories to play with! !!!

Last edited:
Wow what a stressful day yesterday! It sounds like you handled it very well. Hope you've got nice weather for all of the walking today :)

In total contrast to yesterday ice had a very chilled day! Already done 16,000 steps, 2 loads of washing, watched some tv and now relaxing until I have to pick my daughter up from school

The weather is lovely so getting out walking has been fantastic

So annoyed at myself. ...just got to the leisure centre for my daughters swimming lessons and realised I've not put my fitbit on. ... I've probably done a good few hundred steps this morning that haven't been counted

Ha ha ha...I'm such an idiot. ..got home and couldn't find my fitbit anywhere. .... then found it. ...clipped to my bra!!!!!

Taking my daughter to the sea life centre today. ..should get plenty of steps in I've put some snacks in a bag to take with us because I don't want to pay extortionate food prices there plus want to keep my calories under control. ... The scales were not nice to me this morning but I think this had more to do with the wraps I ate yesterday and feeling bloated this morning more than an actual gain....will see what they say tomorrow. ... if they are still showing a gain I'll drop my maintenance calories down my a couple of hundred while my body adjusts to the extra food!

Taking my daughter to the sea life centre today. ..should get plenty of steps in I've put some snacks in a bag to take with us because I don't want to pay extortionate food prices there plus want to keep my calories under control. ... The scales were not nice to me this morning but I think this had more to do with the wraps I ate yesterday and feeling bloated this morning more than an actual gain....will see what they say tomorrow. ... if they are still showing a gain I'll drop my maintenance calories down my a couple of hundred while my body adjusts to the extra food!

Sounds like a lovely day x

Back