Becky's Diet Diary

My legs are so tired today after my 17,000 steps yesterday. ...I'm only on 6,500 so far today and not sure how I'll manage to do the other 3,500!!!! Think I'll have to do it on the trampoline in little bursts!

Came in at 1800 calories today. ..

Breakfast was raisin wheats with skimmed milk, fruit and a cereal bar.
Had a lemon and raspberry cake at costa
Lunch was a bag of skips, cheese on toast Snack pack and a mini toffee crisp
Dinner was sausages and mash then fruit, meringue nest and a ww yogurt. ...

Absolutely stuffed now!

Managed to hit my 10,000 steps too

Out for Sunday lunch tomorrow so will stick with 1800 as maintenance calories then see if my weight is staying where it should be before deciding whether to lower them to 1600 or not!

Will be interesting to see how quickly you lose on maintenance without eating back your exercise cals. Nice to have the extra cals!

Do you do any toning exercises? To help with the skin you mentioned? Not sure if that helps.

You've done incredibly well though, well done. On the home straight :)

Will be interesting to see how quickly you lose on maintenance without eating back your exercise cals. Nice to have the extra cals!

Do you do any toning exercises? To help with the skin you mentioned? Not sure if that helps.

You've done incredibly well though, well done. On the home straight :)

Thanks x

It deffo will. ..I'm happy with my size now so I hope I can manage maintenance calories with tiny losses to cover me for holidays or nights out!

I'm just doing loads of walking at the moment as I don't like my legs and I'm finding they are getting toned well with walking. .. my stomach is slowly improving which just leaves my arms! I need to come up with a plan for them but not sure what. .. might get some weights to use at home maybe. ...I do the insanity dvds occasionally but find I get bored of them if I do them too often and can't seem to stick to a daily exercise routine for more than a week or 2!

I've lost so much in a relatively short space of time so maintenence kind of scares me. ...I enjoyed the strictness that comes with calorie counting and then the reward with a loss so I don't know how I'll get on with not losing!

Got on the scales this morning and back to my weight from Thursday which is my official weigh in so happy that yesterday's blip has disappeared!

Fingers crossed that next Thursday will not be any more than it is now!

Was going to wear a really pretty green top that's been hanging in my wardrobe with the tags still on today. ...it was too small when I bought it. ...put it on this morning and it's too big now

Not going to hit my step target today. ... only at 5,000 and totally knackered. ... I think a combination of Sunday dinner and the long walk on Friday has caught up on me!

Going to chill for the rest of today and try to do a bit extra tomorrow.

Still have 200 calories left from my maintenance goal so will probably not eat them to balance out the lack of steps ☺

Congrats on getting to goal! As soon as I saw that you'd reached your target I decided to read your diary properly all the way through - I skimmed when I subscribed, although I really wish I hadn't skimmed now! How amazing! Your before and after pics were awesome and your hair really suits you shorter! I'm going to set myself mini goals for the remainder of the 20 weeks after reading your diary! Loads of practical tips. You've inspired me! x

Congrats on getting to goal! As soon as I saw that you'd reached your target I decided to read your diary properly all the way through - I skimmed when I subscribed, although I really wish I hadn't skimmed now! How amazing! Your before and after pics were awesome and your hair really suits you shorter! I'm going to set myself mini goals for the remainder of the 20 weeks after reading your diary! Loads of practical tips. You've inspired me! x

Thanks

I love my short hair I still struggle to see how far I've come when I look in the mirror so the pictures help. ... plus when I put on a pair of size 12 jeans that are too big!

Mini goals are definitely the way to go. ... I updated my signature as I went along as it was getting too chaotic but I always had a different goal to go for. ... so many 100% days, a set number of pounds to lose, a size smaller jeans. ... They were great motivation and as I was never far from hitting one of them it really pushed me to keep going ☺

Great job. Excellent discipline.

Keep up the hard work and remember you're doing this for you!

Thanks , I think maintenance is going to be the biggest challenge for me. ..fingers crossed that I don't wobble now!

I've not been logging food on here for the last couple of days. ... been good food wise and this morning the scales were creeping down slowly. ... usually I sts over the weekend then see my losses through the week so slightly odd that I'm eating more and still seeing the numbers go down!

I need to look at ways of increasing my intake without just eating rubbish! Got to nip to the shops in a bit so will get some more bagels for breakfasts .... I'm going to try having my breakfast before work then a snack at 10 to increase slightly. ...at the minute I have my breakfast at work at 8.30 so having it at 7 will mean that I eat more in the morning which I think is the best time to eat more instead of a big dinner!

Bang on 1800 calories today had a few treats as well as three good meals. ..will see what the scales say tomorrow!

Ending the day on around 9000 steps so not quite at 10 but legs are still tired from Friday and will make sure I hit it tomorrow!

Thanks , I think maintenance is going to be the biggest challenge for me. ..fingers crossed that I don't wobble now!

I always found that too - you get so used to eating less calories that when you have more, you can't think of anything to 'spend' them on! The earlier breakfast and morning snack sounds like a good plan though.

The scales are still showing 0.4lbs down this morning so I'm glad I'm not gaining with the extra food!

I've had a bagel with butter for my breakfast and have planned out all of my food for the day. ... coming in at 1,752 . I will get my 10,000 steps in today one way or another which will be a bonus as I don't plan on eating calories back ☺

I think planning what you're eating is a great idea. Then you're not getting to the evening and thinking you've got x amount of calories left and what can you eat just for the sake of it. It may be worth trying some full fat yoghurts (which are probably actually better for you than fat free as they won't have loads of sweeteners), nuts to snack on and add extra olive oil or a bit of butter to your meals when you're cooking. It's an easy way to up the calories and healthy fats without eating rubbish :)

I think planning what you're eating is a great idea. Then you're not getting to the evening and thinking you've got x amount of calories left and what can you eat just for the sake of it. It may be worth trying some full fat yoghurts (which are probably actually better for you than fat free as they won't have loads of sweeteners), nuts to snack on and add extra olive oil or a bit of butter to your meals when you're cooking. It's an easy way to up the calories and healthy fats without eating rubbish :)

Ooh, good idea. ...I have loads of nuts at home from when I was doing paleo so lots of healthy fats and easy calories to add on. Thanks x

10,000 steps hit ☺ was really busy at work so ended up missing my afternoon Snack. ...have my dinner and Snack for this evening planned so looks like I'll be coming in 150 below target!

Well done on the steps! Plenty of time for more again! Do you know if walking 10000 steps is proven to lose weight? It's like a magic number talked about all the time and what my FitBit set me as a goal.

Back