Becky's Food Diary!

Hi Guys!
This is my first diary entry, I'm trying to eat super-healthy at the moment so I hope this encourages me to do so.
Today was an okay day, I walked almost 5 miles.

Breakfast: 2xoatibix
Lunch: Chicken Salad with Low Fat Dressing
Snacks: 2x biscuits (a massive mistake, i dont know what came over me :()
Dinner: a home-made soup with courgette, red pepper, tomatoes and onion.
Dessert: 10 strawberries (yum yum):)

Hey beckyloulou,

I'm sure if you walk that much, the biscuits were a great idea, not a mistake! Remember undereating is worse / as bad than overeating, because it slows your metabolism down.

Do you use Myfitnesspal to log your calories? I love it, and it feels like I can eat sooo much when I exercise and STILL lose weight each week :)

Hey beckyloulou,

I'm sure if you walk that much, the biscuits were a great idea, not a mistake! Remember undereating is worse / as bad than overeating, because it slows your metabolism down.

Do you use Myfitnesspal to log your calories? I love it, and it feels like I can eat sooo much when I exercise and STILL lose weight each week :)

Hello!
Ooh I'll check that site out.
Thanks for the advice for the under-eating, I think I may be slightly as although I've done really well with my weightloss, I dont think I can really tell just looking at me so I'm not sure if my body is storing extra fat? xx

Yeah, if you eat too little (under your basal metabolic rate), then your body sort of "clings on" to all the energy as an emergency reserve.

If you use Myfitnesspal, you can enter your weight, height, activity levels, how much you'd like to lose and so on, and then it calculates how many calories you should be eating. You log everything you eat (which is super easy thanks to their extensive database) and also log your exercise. It's so convenient :)

And no I don't work for them, lol ;)

Another way to make sure you continue to burn fat, not muscle, is to do a small amount of resistance training (weights) every week, and to eat plenty of protein!

Yeah, if you eat too little (under your basal metabolic rate), then your body sort of "clings on" to all the energy as an emergency reserve.

If you use Myfitnesspal, you can enter your weight, height, activity levels, how much you'd like to lose and so on, and then it calculates how many calories you should be eating. You log everything you eat (which is super easy thanks to their extensive database) and also log your exercise. It's so convenient :)

And no I don't work for them, lol ;)

Another way to make sure you continue to burn fat, not muscle, is to do a small amount of resistance training (weights) every week, and to eat plenty of protein!
Thank you I just signed up and I have not had enough calories today, just shy of 800 if you consider my exercise. I shall be eating a good tuna salad tomorrow me thinks! xx

Back