Total Solution Becky's Weight-loss Diary

becks5000

Hi Everyone :)

This is a place for my ramblings and to keep me focused on my road ahead.

I am Becky, I'm 26 and I am a food-a-holic. I go through phases which last months or years of being either desperately motivated and healthy, or being a complete greedy guts who buries my head in the sand. An example is that during my slimmer healthier moments I would weight myself often daily. The last 2 or so years I have not even owned a pair of scales. Within 2 years and 7 months I have put on 6 Stone 12lbs. Yep thats right nearly 7 STONE.

The reason I know the precise time is that I met my partner 2 years 7 months ago and this is the exact moment when I last stopped caring about my weight and boy did I let loose. I worked out that it averages out as around 3lb weight gain every week since we met. HORRIFYING! I realised just how much the weight gain was affecting me when we went on holiday in May, and I was completely miserable. I was not myself at all. And the reason is because I was so ashamed by my body that the idea of walking around in revealing/ strappy summer clothes disgusted me. No matter how much I spend on new clothes, I just can't feel attractive being this big.

I have done lighter life before and managed to maintain for a year so I KNOW i can do it.

My motivation last time round was that I was lonely and wanted to find a partner. I knew that being physically more attractive and mentally more confident would help this, and it did!

This time round I want the weight loss to be for life. I want to be healthy, and I want to be in the best shape possible to start a family. I also have 3 weddings, and hen do's to go to between December 2012- December 2013, some of which are abroad. I don't want to be 'the fat one' for these events. I want to be happy and enjoy every moment of these happy occasions.

I want to be the person I was when my boyfriend met me. I owe it to myself. My OH has been fantastic, so patient and supportive with me, I feel like I owe it to him to get back to my old self again too. Although of course he says he loves me no matter what size I am.

I am on day 6 of Exante and so far so good. As I did lighter life before I know that I can't stomach the soups so I am having a shake for breakfast, a bar for lunch and porridge for dinner. Same routine everyday. This is what worked for me last time. I will also start swimming as soon as my chest infection has gone which i'm currently battling, hopefully by middle of next week... (I could've used that as an excuse not to start, so i'm pleased with myself that I didn't :))! I am drinking between 3-4 litres of water throughout the day. I have to say that the shakers with the balls in are a life saver, they mix the shakes up so well and there are no lumps. I'm not sure i'd be able to stomach the shakes with the lumps in!

The weekends are the hardest time for me as I get so bored. I need to find myself a hobby!

Good luck to everyone else out there dieting!

Becky

Hello Becky :) im a becky too :) but im currently on CD best of luck on Exante you can do it all again.. i will come over and visit you (if thats ok) Becky x

Hello Becky! Nice Name, Even stranger I am also Becky R :) haha

Well my first week down and lost 15lbs. I couldn't believe it, I weighed myself 3 times to make sure! Makes all the pain worth it. How are you getting on?

Good afternoon, welcome and good luck on your Exante journey Becky :hug99: xx

WOW! Well done on your 15lbs week one weight loss, amazing! :woohoo:

Hello Becky! Nice Name, Even stranger I am also Becky R :) haha

Well my first week down and lost 15lbs. I couldn't believe it, I weighed myself 3 times to make sure! Makes all the pain worth it. How are you getting on?
hahaha really haha fab name for sure :)

wow a stone gone already what tips do you have for me lol?
Im doing okish will try harder.. x

Well done on your 15lb loss, that's excellent!! Reading your little story was like reading my own! I was 13 stone 12 when I met my OH, I put on 7 stone in 2.5 years, lost 4 stone on CD and then fell pregnant with my now 3 year old (& put on 5.5 stone while pregnant!!) I gained another 2 stone after that & decided enough was enough in may this year & so far haven't looked back, I've now lost 2 stone 8lbs in 9 weeks :) sounds like you're off to a fab start, so well done you!! How much are you planning to lose? x

Back