Becoming a CDC??

cddietgal

Hiya,

Firstly thanks for all your support last week when i was struggling,I am now right back into it and feeling great :D

Last time I did CD I thought I would like to be a CDC and my CDC said I would make a good one but never really took it anywere.Thinking again tonight about it but have a few questions if you wouldn't mind..

I know you need an office to work in,my back room has 2 x 2 seater sofas and a TV in along with the PC,off this is my dinning room in the conservatory ..would that be OK to use as my office or is it not private enough ?

Also I am a SAHM at the moment so if you were to do CDC part time what would the income be like approx,if you don't mind me asking?Is it more like 'pocket money' as the 2 CDCs I know both have full tme jobs aswell.

Finally how do you go aout starting?

Thanks

Cddietgal

Your BMI has to be 28 or below and your CDC has to recommend/sponsor you

You have a telephone interview, then attend the weekend course and sit an exam

It sounds like you have exactly the right space to work in as a CDC :)

The best way to get answers to all your questions is to have a talk with your own CDC who will be able to tell you all you need to know. He/she would need to act as your sponsor and I'm sure will give you all the support and information you need.

STBG is right about the BMI requirement and that you first have a telephone interview. If successful, you will then attend a (non-consecutive) 2-day training course but there is no exam to sit. Instead you complete a series of development modules over a period of a few months which you submit to Head Office by post for marking.

Good luck!

hi there, im not an expert but just wanted to respond to your post as I am about to apply to become a CDC.

As the others have said, your own CDC needs to sponsor you, and your BMI needs to be 28 or below. (my BMI is still 30 but we are going to make a start on the forms next week and send them off when I get to a few pounds over BMI 28)

In terms of income, obviously the more people you see, the more money you will make as you have to buy stock in and sell it on at a profit. Again, your own CDC is the one to get the pricing information from as peeps on here will not like to discuss their income on an open forum.

Good luck with getting to goal and becoming a CDC. Let us know how you get on. xx

Thanks everyone for your advice,I'll have a chat in a few weeks when my BMI goes down a little

Cddietgal x

Back