Beelishy's VLCD Weight Loss Adventure!!

hey Bee you're sounding so positive and doing so great! go girlfriend!!

you have the same birthday as my sister and my kitten :D:D my next birthday is 35 too :(:(:( but not until next Feb

Sounds like you have the 'mental' part of this in order at the moment, which is 99% of the battle - can't wait to see the results in 40 days time :D:D:D

And thanks for the link to that video, it is great, I'm going to watch it again later and order the 'good calories bad calories' book off amazon if it's cheap.

Hope you have some more sunshine today! it was trying to snow here yesterday brrrrrrrrr

Thanks! Youre right...being there mentally makes it all so much easier. I really liked doing this (and the results) the first time i did it but I was so put off when i had that funny turn. I tried to get the excitement I had for SnS with slimfast and then with calorie counting and I just wasnt there with it. So i thought to myself that things arent always black or white. So thats when i decided to try VLCD again, but my way. Im not going make myself ill with it. And now that i know I can add lots more protein and veggies, can still have my bit of milk in coffees, sweeteners and my coke zero...Im fine with it. I will carry on this way, regardless of my ketosis status - because its working and I feel fine.

39 days til my holiday!

Blah. The girls are still far too snotty and cough-y to take them out. although it is beautifully sunny out, its still pretty cold. BOOOO! so hubby is going to pick up the stuff that I need, instead.

Ive had a boiled egg and a cup of coffee and a couple of glasses of water. Pancakes in an hour or so. Im not hungry now that Ive had that stuff so I will leave it for a while.

Ive just put all of Tabby's new uniform stuff in the wash for her new school. Awww, my baby is so big now! And Zoe is 11 months old today. Eeek! My girls!!

Pancakes - today I tried half an egg and far less water and a tiny bit of sweetener. Muuuch nicer texture. Not so spongey. Quite lovely, actually! And Im still stuffed! lol Im sad I didnt order more than 2 oatmeal packs in my next week's order now! LOOOOL!

Bit of a very minor headache today. I think I had a headache around day 3 or 4 last time too. Its really not worth bothering to take anything for it...its that faint, but its there, none-the-less. Off to have some more water. And ive just realised its after 12. LOL. I should probably give Tabby some lunch soon! i will have my salad in a while as well, I guess. lol.

Headache got worse and I started to feel, not so great. So I had a banana. HAHAHAHAHA! Yeah. I just wing it, eh? *shrug* Im sorry, but I cannot possibly berate myself for "cheating" by having a banana! Its FRUIT. lol.

I also had about 10 chips from the chippy with my chilli pack and broccoli tonight. I dont regret that either!

That said...I only had my oatmeal pack pancakes, 2 boiled eggs and some quorn and salad for lunch - then my banana and my dinner. So I will forfeit a pack (unless I feel like Im going DIE without it. LOL. Cant see that happening) ....so I will have a choc shake later on. Im feeling better. Ketosis? Eh, so what? I will be back on 100% (with my added protein and salad) as I think it was the boost my body needed. Im not going to let myself feel unwell. Its one thing to be hungry and have a bit of a headache. But I wont slip back into that scary zone. lol.

I really hope my kiddos start feeling better soon. This cold doesnt want to shift! Argh! Right, time to bathe my snot-encrusted kids. NICE! LOL.

I hear you girl! I've been craving an apple like crazy today!
An apple! Not chips, chocolate or any other junk food but an apple.
Struggling to explain to myself how the heck having an apple can be a bad thing...
:(

Well..I dont consider what I had today a cheat. There are 2 cadbury choccy eggs, 2 of the big Thorntons Choccy Bramble bunnies, 2 milky bar cows and various little bits of choc. All sitting on my dining table since Sunday. If I had wanted to just binge, I woulda gone for that. I didnt. I just wanted to stop myself feeling crap. Haha. I would love an apple this evening, too, actually. Hmm. lol

I was supposed to have 2 more packs tonight. I had a shake. I may just have the apple instead of my last pack.

Back on it, tomorrow :)

I'm a veggie too and massively into juicing so not having my green juice and fruit everyday is what I'm struggling with the most on this plan.

Well done for resisting the chocolate. :)

An apple would be dreamy to have... I actually had that as a dessert on Monday! 2 golden delicious apples... Give me an apple over chocolate ANY day and I'll die happy!! :D

I'm not sure about you having chips (even if it was just 10!) - you do need to watch the carbs as they will have the knock-on effect of making you more hungry later and the diet will be harder to stick to. But, you are your own boss, I'm sure you are in control. :)

I hope your girls are feeling better tomorrow and that it'll be sunny!!

x

Morning! Day (Ive lost count...hahahah) 5? yes...5.

So! Last night....was fine. I weighed myself today and Im .2 up. LOL. that is nothing at all. Im back on it today. No difference. No hunger or cravings or anything. Ive had a coffee and some water, as usual. I will have my pancakes or a couple of eggs or something around half 10 or 11, as usual.

Im really quite peeved though. I ordered my packs on Tuesday morning and have been tracking online every few hours ever since. Yesterday....I checked around 5pm and it was still at the local hub. I figured it would just be delivered today. Then at 9pm I checked....just to see if anything had changed and they had sneaked in the statuses that a delivery had been attempted at 9:13 yesterday morning and that a card was left!!!!! BULLSH!T! I have been home ALL DAY for the past 3 days! The kids have been unwell so I havent gone ANYWHERE and there was NO card. ARGH. So I tried to get in touch with the delivery people...and it was an online thing only so I did it and it came back and said they will reply within 2 business days. Thats not til MONDAY! So I emailed the diet shack and he replied at 10pm saying that he would contact the delivery company this morning and see what is going on. I have a feeling I wont have my packs in time for monday. So Im going to scale back and maybe have 2 or 3 packs and an extra salad instead for a couple of days , if it doesnt come today. I tracked again and there has been no change in status. But the can obviously make entries in the past (like at 9pm they can enter in that they attempted delivery at 9am...even though the time had passed) so who knows? Im just worried that they have put the wrong number on and attempted to deliver to a neioghbour and they werent in....

STRIKE THAT! Its here,. And what I thought was exactly right. They put my door number as 117 and its 177. I wouldnt care but there was someone on their fb page that complained they did that...her door number was 77 and they did one order and put 72 and one order and put 74. I dont think I can trust these anymore. :/ ARGH.

Anyway. Its here. Luckily the delivery guy is my usual delivery guy and recognized my name. Whew!

Im going to get on to the diet shack and tell them it was THEIR error.

:D

Well, The Dietshack have owned up to it being their fault...but I still dont know if I will order from them again. Its just so much cheaper. lol. But cheap is irrelevant if they cant even address a parcel correctly - and it happens that you dont get it in time. Hmm. Will have to talk to hubby and see what he thinks. I think the next cheapest is actually SnS...bleh. LOL.

Right. Anyway. I have taken stock. I have a BOATLOAD of shakes and 4 oatmeal packs which I will save and have one every couple of days in the form of a pancake treat for breakfast. I also have 1 meal pack for every night. So I will be having a quite a few days which are like shake, shake, shake, meal, salad, eggs. lol Its fine and I think i will start it today. the shakes dont really "fill" me but if I have an egg with the daytime 2 shakes (one of them I will have before bed and wont bother with the egg), that should do the trick. :D I will have a go with that today.

I love just wingin' it and doing this my own way. Haha.

Hope everyone has a great day! :)

Have I mentioned lately how much I really do love the chocolate shakes? Theyre so tasty! lol. I got busy this morning and only just got around to making./having breakfast now...its 10:55! lol. So Im having 2 boiled eggs and my shake. I will have to have my lunch around 1:30 and not much later as I will have to have another shake around 3 otherwise I will struggle to get enough food/packs in for the day before dinner. And we all know about my 7pm rule! lol. Im not nuts about it...but I just prefer to have everything consumed by 7:30 is possible. Other than water of course. But yeah. Going fine fine today. :D

Morning Kelly :)

Sorry to hear you've had delivery issues :p But remember, mistakes happen! Accidents happen, it's normal. It's sad when that mistake gets carried over to you though.

I had that a few days ago, ordered a box of zero-noodles from a company on Amazon, they sent me a box of cans of some weird vegetable drink instead... BUT, I e-mailed them within minutes of receiving delivery, THEY answered within minutes and I got my box of zero-noodles the NEXT day and fully refunded my expenditure of sending the box of cans back (which was double the delivery costs of my noodles as well!!). They were so polite and efficient and apologised for their mistake.

I also used to work as a manager as a charity shop, and my "workers" (all volunteers) were of differing abilities. This means that sometimes with the amount of stuff I had to do, I'd miss a hole / or sizing error that we'd all made... And then an angry customer would get all antsy... It's not nice, because we all did the best we could. ... I think it's probably the same with DietShack - they probably get a lot of orders out, maybe someone processing the numbers, HONESTLY misread it.

Order again and see. If the mistake happens again, then maybe they are just that little bit less professional. SnS may be your next best option - after all they ALWAYS deliver the next day (at least to me). And I've never had a problem with their customer services either, they're always been polite and respectful. :) Then again I don't contact them often because I generally know how the VLCD thing goes...

It's down to you, but i don't believe you should quit your dieting attempts just because someone else made a small error! You'd be cutting your nose to spite your face :p

x

Oh! Id not stop my diet because of it! LOL

My only concern is that a few other people have complained of his exact thing...they often get door numbers completely wrong. I will probably order again when the time comes, mainly because the delivery driver knows me. LOL And I trust his instincts.

I worked in admin for years and I know things get messed up now and then...but this seems to be a very common problem with them. Theyve been very good otherwise though...so I will keep on! lol :D

I tried to get the girls down for a nap....Zoe was (and still is!) asleep and Tabby was asking for a nap. So I took them in, fully intending to get up again when they were both asleep. Nope. Tabby never fell asleep. So I gave it an hour and then she and I got up. That was 1pm. So I figured I would make us both some lunch. Im having my quorn salad. I love my salad at lunch time. :D Our upstairs neighbours are having their roof repaired today so there are ladders out the front and back and random men keep going up and down them. LOL. I like to have my windows and/or blinds open and its just odd. lolol. Although I just looked and it appears the ladders out the back are gone!

Anyhoo. Im having a great day today. No headache. No feeling bad. No hunger. Nothing. I thought that little boost was all my body needed. And I know what to do now, if i start to feel that way again. I suspect it will happen at least once a week. It seems like every few days my body decides its not getting enough and starts to let me know it. LOL.

I need to work on getting more water down me today. Im later than usual with it today. Ive had 3 glasses and usually by now I'd have had 4 and be working on a 5th.

Right, so....Shake at 3-ish. Then dinner at 5-ish. Then shake at 7-ish. Good day! :D Hope everyone's having a great day too!

Morning! Day 6

I woke up to brilliant sunshine and clear blue skies this morning. It always makes me feel soooo energized and happy! :D Its also forecast to get up to a very tropical 9 degrees today! WOOOOT! hahaha. And its meant to stay sunny all day. This is a rarity for this part of the country, I can tell you. So Im going to enjoy it as much as possible and take the girls out. Ive still got that bill to pay so we will have a short bus ride into town (Tabby LOVES the bus) and then have a wander around after I make the payment. There are a few things I wanted to have a look at anyway. I cant remember what they are right now...but as usual, a list of things began building in my head at 2am. :D Haha. Oh yes, I wanted to see if I can find black pipecleaners (I cant remember what you call them here but theyre for arts and crafts, those bendy pieces of wire with like soft fibre-y things and they come in various colours) as I need them for Zoe's birthday day in a few weeks time. Im making her a Gaston the Ladybird cake. :D

So today, Im going to be 100% again. I didnt weigh this morning....forgot. LOL. Weigh in on Monday. This week is friggin draggggggging!

Anyway. Hope there is sunshine where ever you are and that you can enjoy it! :D

So Im trying to get ready to go out and I notice that Tabby's eye looks pink. NOOOO.

Then Zoe poops up her back. Like to her shoulders. NOOOOOO.

Then Tabby knocks over my shake and it spills all over the floor and I had JUST enough packs to get me through the rest of this week and next week. NOOOOOOO.

I could cry. lol.

Motherhood. Moments of bliss and moments of HELL. :D

Back