Beelishy's VLCD Weight Loss Adventure!!

Morning!

244.6 - Lets do this. Last night was nice. We all got into bed (the girls sleep with us anyway) and watched TV. The girls went to sleep and hubby and I watched some normal (non-cartoons!) TV....and I went to sleep around 12:30. LOL. Woke up at 7:34am which is only 11:34pm back home...so I kinda acknowledged the new year back home with those i love. Kinda bittersweet. God...I wanna go hooome. lol. Anyway. I woke up to find TOTM had started all in a rage. Nice. ew.

So. On it today. For good. Til goal. There will undoubtedly be a few off plan meals or events along the way....you gotta still live. But mostly, just on plan til goal. I would love to be there by Zoes 2nd birthday 4th May. But first...my mini-mini-goals as listed in my signature. And Im keeping my Sunday WIs even though I havent been on plan this week. Here we go!

Omg and my smoothie 2 Go came yesterday - total proof that today is the day to start! (as if I needed it lol)

Food today-

Cottage Pie
Hazelnut shake
Spag Bol
Chilli
2 eggs

coffee, water

cals 784 carbs 64

I also have a bag of salad in the fridge that needs to be used up so I will prob have that with one of my packs.

how is everyone doing? who has started? anyone starting again today?

have a lovely first day of 2014!! :D

Happy new year, everyone!!

Anyone have any tips on the soups? Ive found that when I made them (back in feb, again...they came in my trial pack and I never ordered anymore) before, by the time I got it from the microwave to the table it was stone cold. ?! And the texture was kinda...chalky? Ive got the veg ones an the curry noodle ones. Im going to tryyy to get on with them. In fact, i think I will try the curry noodle one today. I hate curry flavoured stuff though so those might just have to get flogged or swapped for something else.

How much water do you use for soups? And for anyone who has had the curry noodle one, do you soak it for a while first to soften the noodles?

Ahh I never got on with the soups, thought they all tasted like pepper! But I made them with boiling water and a good brisk stir. Not sure if there's a better way. But I haven't ordered anymore. Xx

Happy 2014!

smoothie 2 Go is AWESOME!!!. S&S shakes, however, are not. But...As Im only having one a day...its fine. lol.

Having the shake now and had my 2 eggs. Gonna take the girls in for a nap soon. We are all tiiiired.

I make the S & S shakes with a lot of crushed ice (very thick) and they're yummy. Also, if you're not opposed to "bending" the plan -- adding a small banana to the strawberry or vanilla makes the shakes more nutritious and creamier.

I use a tall cup, boiling water and a stick bender to make my soups.

Good luck Hun! You sound really determined. You will rock this I'm sure!

No advise regarding soups as I've never ordered them before. It'd be interesting to see some tips on how to make them as I might order some.

Will be following your progress.

M x

P. S. What on earth is smoothie 2 go?

Soups are getting sold or swapped. Cant get on with them. And the cottage pie is going as well. The texture is just too gross for me. HAHA.

So today ive had

AC porridge pancake (exante)
Cottage pie (about 3/4 of it. couldnt get it down!)
Chili (with that bag of salad)
Hazelnut shake

2 eggs.

Im pretty stuffed now. I feel so bloated you guys. TOTM is killing me this month. lol. I forgot to pick up some ibuprofen yesterday and when i looked this morning i saw I only had 4 tablets left :( So I took 2 because i woke up in agony and now ive got my headache and the cramps are insane....i cant take anything because im saving it for just before bed so i can actually (possibly) get some sleep tonight! D'oh!

I will have another litre of water and a coffee before bed. But foodwise, Im done.

Not a great day, but it was never going to be. lol. The quicker this first week of TOTM and restart hell is overwith, the better! :p

Boo bad timing on TOTM for you pet (Geordie!) On top of getting into ketosis and the misery of that.

I've been really lucky with my headaches this time I think it's my new night guard that I got a couple of Weeks ago to stop me clenching my teeth in the night. It could be a placebo but whatever it is I don't care as long as the headaches are staying away :)

Know what you mean about the cottage pie that used to be my fave but...yeah. It's strange stuff. I liked it with broccoli mixed in best but I'm not having veg atm.

Power through honey you have all my sympathy :)

Hope it starts to get easier soon. Like you say it's never going to be a walk in the park - guess we have to just suck it up and keep going!

I have a love/hate relationship with the soups. Don't have any for ages then have them for lunch every day. I find I'm much less hungry when I have one for lunch. Quite like the mushroom and thai ones - they remind me of the ones Lighter Life used to do but don't anymore. You'd think I'd never want to touch them again as soups and vanilla shakes were all I had the first time but strangely nostalgic for them.

Ive given up on soups for good, i think. I hated them the first time around and its no better this time. I think maybe because i REALLY love REAL soup and these are NOT LIKE real soup AT ALL. haha. Ew. I dunno. Theyre just awful. Ive given up the plan to go onto S&S fully, I think. For the time being, anyway. I will continue to do my mix of Exante and S&S with a couple of eggs, etc. ....as I had been. It was working and its the packs that I like and enjoy having. I figure as long as Im going to do this I may as well make it as easy and pleasant for myself as I can, right? And since it was working before I stopped for christmas, why knock it? lol.

Im struggling with the shakes, mainly because its just so friggin cold. I wouldnt have nearly the issue with them that i do in the summer. HA! But I will just have to follow my shake with a cup of coffee to counter-act the brr-factor and deal with it.

Oh and someone asked what a Smoothie 2 Go is....its this...Buy KENWOOD SB054 Smoothie2Go Blender - Silver | Free Delivery | Currys

I LOVE it. Seriously. LOVE IT. I make my shakes with ice and water and theyre gorgeous (but cold...but i cant drink them without the ice blended in. bleh!) and this is convenient and SO powerful. LOVE it and that's a bargain price as its free delivery! I had looked for one months ago much to the recommendation of several women in the fb VLCD group and it was always around £25. So when I saw this the other day..I snapped it up! :D Merry Christmas to me! haha.

Oh. So Im going to try to whizz up a shake in my smoothie2go tomorrow (no ice) and then see if i can shove it in a mug and zap it in the microwave. If its vile...no big deal. If its ok...YAY! ive got chocolate, choc mint, strawberry, banana and hazelnut shakes. I had a hazelnut one today, cold and it was a bit bland.. I may try a choc mint hot tomorrow. :D

I cant wait to weigh in the morning. mainly because it pretty much SHOULDNT go up. hahaha. :p

It's all about making the diet work for you in whatever way you can. So go for it with the eggs and mix in exante packs. It's working for ya! Xx

Ugh. Seriously. The S&S shakes are just NOT VERY NICE. Exante has spoiled me. lol. I had a mint choc one this morning that i tried to have hot. I whizzed it in the blender and then poured it into a mug and warmed it up. It was fine....nice thick texture. But the taste!? Ew. It was very heavy on mint and not very chocolatey at all. So Im looking into swapping/selling the Mushroom Pasta, Cottage Pie and a bunch of other packs. lol. And now we can add shakes to that list. Ugh. I had LOADS of packs...and now Im not as well off as I was. lol. I know what works for me though, and I need to just go with it.

So today has been fine. I threw out that shake and didnt have anything else in its place. And then I had a porridge pack made into pancakes and a couple of boiled eggs. So I will have a chili pack now and then a spag bol pack for dinner tonight. I should also have another pack later on to make up for the shake i chucked out. So that will probably be an atkins endulge bar or another lot of pancakes.

Today has been a horrifically stressful day. We have been having huge issues with our cat Lyra. Basically, it boils down to the fact that my girls stress him out and he has become more and more aggressive and stressed and sulky over the last few years. Much worse since Zoe was born. And really the ideal solution would be to rehome him, even though that would kill me. But all of the local cat charities are full and have no space and a couple of them have told me that he would be pretty much impossible to rehome since he needs to be in a home with no other pets and no kids. Which is, sadly, true. We have tried everything we can. Nothing works. So we are gutted and mulling over our options. Which, arent many. I have never ever had this kind of scenario with a pet before. My cats (and Ive ALWAYS had cats) have always died :( Or gotten sick and had to be put down. So we are not having a good day.

Ive wanted to go in and stuff my fat head with anything and everything. But I havent because, honestly, what on earth would that help? Not a friggin thing. So. yeah. And we're planning a huuuuge declutter/clear-out of our flat as well. In the very near future. It would have started today except the bin men overlooked out rubbish bin so its still full!! Cheeky sods. So i had to ring the council and theyre sending them back out to collect it but honestly...lord knows when that will actually happen. :/ ugh.

whinge over.

Still on plan.

Bleh.

wow 4.6lbs! :)

poor kitty - I'd say bring him to me but we have 4 kitties and one of them is a boisterous young thing so that would probably finish Lyra off!! :( how sad. could you give him more 'high' places to sit on to feel safer so the kids can't reach him? (I've been watching My Cat From Hell a lot haha) you need to get Jackson Galaxy round yours to sort him out. There are some herbal drops he sells I think that calm the cat down too. It must be hard when you get the cats before the kids then the kids come along and the cat is like 'noooooooooo!'

We got Poppy when Layla was a baby and the kittens were born when Layla was a toddler and she used to pick them up and carry them around like a football under her arm :D Timmy is fine around my kids and especially adores Layla but if other kids come in the house you don't see him at all he just disappears

Kitties are the bestest I hope you manage to sort something out for him :(

but on diet news - well done with the excellent day one loss!! I'd be happy for that for my first week :D haha

You gotta love the overnight weight loss whoosh! ;)

Back