Beelishy's VLCD Weight Loss Adventure!!

Morning lovely! :)

Quorn sauages and mince are on the planner, could you use those as a rough guide? When I had the Chicken Tikka and Tandoori, I put in the chicken, then found something I hadn't eaten for the carbs in the spices! There are ways of keeping a track, if you just fiddle around a bit!! ;)
Can't understand why the chicken pieces aren't on there - if Quorn is on, then it's okay, so that's just weird!

Hope you have a FAB day!!!
It's gorgeous here, but brrrrrrrrr, cold! :)
xxx

Ahem! Right!

Morning everyone!

Well, it was bound to happen and today was the day. I broke down in tears! Ive been sticking to it. Ive been so good. And last week, 3 lbs. Which is good, dont get me wrong. And then i weighed this morning (WI is actually tomorrow) and Im down 2lbs for the week so far. 2lbs. Yes, its way better than 2lbs on. Or no lbs off. Or whatever. But Ive been so good and Ive been following plan and I am so so overweight and I have such a long way to go, and 2lbs? Really? TOTM must be coming because it always makes me weepy but....2lbs. Wow. So I sat here and sniveled to hubby about how unfair it is and what am i doing wrong blah blah. I dunno. The thing is, Im not about to quit. Im just really annoyed that I have to now sit and figure out how to tweak this to suit my body. That was kinda the whole point of doing this was that I just followed plan and the weight would drop off and I didnt really have to do much planning or much cooking or much tracking or much of anything. And my body is letting me down, once again. Argh. But! Hey-ho! I will make this work. Its going to take some trial (and hopefully not a lot of error) but I will get it right.

So today my plan is 9am - shake, 11am - boiled egg, 1pm - shake, 3pm - boiled egg, 5pm - dinner pack (chili) with broccoli, 7pm - bar. Im going to do that for a few days and see what my body does. If I need to add some quorn to that, i will...and then try that for a while. If all that fails I will have 5 packs a day plus my veg and try that.

Anyway. Im over it. I did my workout this morning. Its so funny. A whole 12 minutes of walking in place, walking 2 steps up and back, side steps, arm movements, and knee lifts. But I really need to get my muscles working and make sure they keep working. I cant let my fitness go completely down the drain while I do this diet and as I dont get to go out some days when the weather is bad, I need to do something. So I decided to do this. I had my shake at 9am. Im having my first pint of water and will have my egg soon, at 11.

So thats my update for day 21. Tomorrow is WI and the start of a new week. I will get this right! :)

Rob just got back to me about the brochures. He said theyre due in tomorrow so will send one out straightaway. Yay! I also asked him what I should be doing at my weight. 5packs? 4+ protein? We shall see what he says. I have a plan, which i followed today but i am very keen to hear what he has to say. Hopefully he will shed some light on it. Ive seen a few other women that are my height and around about my weight and theyre getting insanely great losses on 4 packs, no milk, no veg. So i am really confused.

Anyway. I will report back when I get a reply :)

Well it has been a very strangely emotional day. But I got through it. Still no reply from Rob yet. If I dont have a reply by morning (as tomorrow is WI and the start of a new week, week 4!!) I think I will try to cut straight back to 4 packs. No milk, No veg. I will do that for a week and then see what happens.

Ive been really crampy and PMS-y all afternoon so Im wondering if thats not whats going on.

Anyway. Im about to head off to bed. Hope everyone had a good day! WI for me tomorrow.

Ahem! Right!

Morning everyone!

Well, it was bound to happen and today was the day. I broke down in tears! Ive been sticking to it. Ive been so good. And last week, 3 lbs. Which is good, dont get me wrong. And then i weighed this morning (WI is actually tomorrow) and Im down 2lbs for the week so far. 2lbs. Yes, its way better than 2lbs on. Or no lbs off. Or whatever. But Ive been so good and Ive been following plan and I am so so overweight and I have such a long way to go, and 2lbs? Really? TOTM must be coming because it always makes me weepy but....2lbs. Wow. So I sat here and sniveled to hubby about how unfair it is and what am i doing wrong blah blah. I dunno. The thing is, Im not about to quit. Im just really annoyed that I have to now sit and figure out how to tweak this to suit my body. That was kinda the whole point of doing this was that I just followed plan and the weight would drop off and I didnt really have to do much planning or much cooking or much tracking or much of anything. And my body is letting me down, once again. Argh. But! Hey-ho! I will make this work. Its going to take some trial (and hopefully not a lot of error) but I will get it right.

So today my plan is 9am - shake, 11am - boiled egg, 1pm - shake, 3pm - boiled egg, 5pm - dinner pack (chili) with broccoli, 7pm - bar. Im going to do that for a few days and see what my body does. If I need to add some quorn to that, i will...and then try that for a while. If all that fails I will have 5 packs a day plus my veg and try that.

Anyway. Im over it. I did my workout this morning. Its so funny. A whole 12 minutes of walking in place, walking 2 steps up and back, side steps, arm movements, and knee lifts. But I really need to get my muscles working and make sure they keep working. I cant let my fitness go completely down the drain while I do this diet and as I dont get to go out some days when the weather is bad, I need to do something. So I decided to do this. I had my shake at 9am. Im having my first pint of water and will have my egg soon, at 11.

So thats my update for day 21. Tomorrow is WI and the start of a new week. I will get this right! :)

Aww, lovely!

It HAS to be TOTM being due. I think I only lost 4lbs this week because it finally appeared, so the water retention has gone.
A VLCD can affect the mood - that's why no one who is clinically depressed should go near one. I'm not depressed, but boy have I had some mood swings! Esp when TOTM was due!

Just try to keep that in mind, add a bit more to your diet, and see how you go.
At the end of the day, it's impossible not to lose weight on so few cals! Anything below 1,200 cals per day, and you will lose weight. Given, we're usually on around half of that, I think it's a fair presumption that at some point, our bodies have to stop the fight, and give up some fat, whether it likes it or not!

I know you'll get it right my lovely, because I can see your determination!

:bighug:

Well it has been a very strangely emotional day. But I got through it. Still no reply from Rob yet. If I dont have a reply by morning (as tomorrow is WI and the start of a new week, week 4!!) I think I will try to cut straight back to 4 packs. No milk, No veg. I will do that for a week and then see what happens.

Ive been really crampy and PMS-y all afternoon so Im wondering if thats not whats going on.

Anyway. Im about to head off to bed. Hope everyone had a good day! WI for me tomorrow.

I hope your you-know-what arrives soon, it nearly drove me insane with mood swings and hunger! As soon as it arrived, voila, I was cured, lol!
I really hope things get moving for you hun, you really deserve this - you're working SO hard!
Always here, I hope you know that :)

Goodnight lovely, talk tomo xxx

Morning.

Its snowing :cry:

So WI results.

Down 2lbs for the week, as I suspected. But even more strange, I havent lost a single inch anywhere and IN FACT my hips have gone UP an inch, as has my thigh and calf and arm! Retaining water? Thats the only thing I can think. I feel bloated and crampy, to be honest. Hopefully by next week whatever is going will have sorted itself. Onward!

So Im going to up my water again. I was doing well when I had more water. And Im going to go 4 packs a day, no veg and no milk. Im not going to even look at the scales until WI next wednesday. Im going to put them away NOW......

Right. Theyre under the wardrobe, out of sight.

Have a good day everyone! :D

Ive had my shake.....will have another one around 2pm. Still no reply from S&S regarding my question about how many packs i should be on. So Im going to do 4 packs, no veg, no milk this week and see how it goes. Scales are away and Ive already had 2 litres of water.

Well done Bee ur doing fab, im betting ur gonna have a big loss next weigh in xxx

I sure hope so. Im going to keep on, regardless. But it would really be nice to see a 4 or more. Only 62 days til my hols and I havent seen my mom in 6 years so I want to lose as much as poss to surprise her, and to feel better in the HEAT. Theres little worse than being a super-fatty in 30+ degree weather! :( We shall see! xx

Feel absolutely awful! lol. Im wondering if I had knocked myself out of ketosis over the last few days, somehow. I cant see how but, maaaan. I really feel terrible. Ive got a headache, and I feel a bit shaky, weak and light headed. I never had any side effects when I first started but I really feel like crap now. lol. Im going to have to have this shake and just go to bed for a bit!!

Aww lovey :(

Strange you're getting those symptoms now. I can't see how you can have gone out of ketosis. If it continues, get on chat with S&S and also phone your GP just to be on the safe side.
Sound similar to what I got on the 2nd day, but you can't have come out of ketosis, you've stuck to the plan religiously! I did feel really off just before my TOTM too, so I am guessing that may be the case?
Don't get it!

2lbs is still a loss, and keep remembering those photo's - what 1lb of body fat looks like, you've lost TWO of those! When you think about it like that, it seems a lot better (I think!).
I'll bet money on you retaining water because of TOTM. And I will also bet money on a big loss for next week.

Hang in there lovely, you really are doing brilliantly!

Hope you're feeling better very soon!
xxx

My head still feels a bit floaty. Not right at all. I was doing well and not really done anything all that different today from what I was doing when i first started. Im baffled and I feel completely awful! :(

Get on to S&S's live chat now, before they close at 5pm. After that, it'll be a message which they'll reply to, but if you get on now, you'll get to speak to someone.
I'd do it, just to be on the safe side lovely :)
xxx

Back