Beelishy's VLCD Weight Loss Adventure!!

Well, that was thoroughly UNhelpful. She didnt ask any questions other than if I was drinking enough water. Oh well. Im used to receiving horrible answers/service from them! lol. She didnt ask my weight and how many packs Ive been having or anything. Didnt suggest more protein. Just said maybe I am coming down with the flu. Im pretty gobsmacked, Ive gotta say. And besides that...i feel rubbish. Very tempted to go off plan for a bit a try again. But I REALLY dont want to.

NO WAY!! That's absolutely ridiculous!
I think you'd know if you were coming down with a cold or flu for Heaven's sake!
I'd complain, but then again, I always do!! ;)

Have more to eat - your body is trying to tell you something. It doesn't have to be carbs, you can go WAY over on protein and it won't affect you. To be honest, having 5 days of eating more, I feel SO much better and revived.
And I think it's triggered more weight loss.

It can't harm you, so go get a few more boiled eggs or some quorn down you to stop this horrible feeling right now!!

Let me know how you get on, if you can....I worry about you! :(

xxx

Hello lovely,

Now worried about you - it's not like you not to check in here :(

REALLY hope you're okay, pls let us know how you are when you can.

:bighug:

Hiya lovely.

Well, im still not great! I had a completly awful and very scary day yesterday and then was completely let down by the S&S team. Rob has still never replied to my email about how many packs I should be on, that was 2 days ago!!! So. Im not giving up on weight loss but I am going to stop doing S&S. I need to get rid of my packs first, then switching to Slim Fast. Its not a TFR...just partial. The losses wont be as big but my health was seriously compromised yesterday (and Im still not 100% today.) I blurbed and had 3 slices of pizza last night just to get some cals and carbs into my body and because I was in no fit state to cook or prepare anything. So yesterday I had 3 slices of mushroon and red onion pizza, a choc shake and a toffee shake. Then I went to bed at about 7pm. Today, Ive had a banana and going to have a porridge pack in a bit. Lunch I will have a couple of eggs with some salad. May have a shake in the afternoon. Then some salad and a meal pack for dinner. I just want shot of these packs so I can get going on slim fast. :/

Thanks for your concern honey! xx How are you doing?

I think you're doing what is right for you, and that is the best you can do.
I am appalled at their service! Especially as it concerns your health! I would complain for def!
Good idea to try something that will be a bit more substantial - I don't think it's wise to stay on one of these diets for very long - that's one of the reasons I eat over on some days, because I worry about the long term effects. Still not proven, but that's not good enough - I'm not willing to chance it.
Also, the boost seems to be working because I feel good and am losing weight.
To get rid of your packs, try that - really eat as much protein as you want, keeping carbs really low. Still use the S&S planner to help you.
You'll lose weight, you can't not do!
I am pleased to hear you're feeling better, even if only a little bit! Hope, as you get more food in to your system you start to feel better!

Just got to give Max his cereal!

Have a lovely day sweetie :) xxx

Thanks honey. Yeah, Im surely not going to bin them. I have about 2 weeks worth left and that is far too much money to throw out. I will just have to adapt the whole thing, which is a pain but needs to be done until theyre gone.

Ive never really had any actual help from S&S other than when i asked for a brochure to be posted LOL. When Ive needed support, theyve failed me miserably. And Im pretty much done dealing with them. I was really quite ill yesterday and she didnt ask any questions or try to rule out that it was S&S related, at all! Other than "have you been drinking enough water". That was it. Then she came to the conclusion that I may be coming down with the flu. Which totally wasnt it. Obviously. My body just decided its had enough, I guess. My heart was racing, I felt dizzy and light headed. I was sick last night, twice. Shivering. Felt so so weak, I couldnt hardly get up off the sofa, let alone hold Zoe. I ended up just forcing some pizza down my gob and going to bed. Hubby was very concerned. He said I was white as a ghost and looked awful. I dont know if it may have something to do with my having had a gastric bypass or what....some physiological thing went really wrong yesterday and Im sure I will never really understand what happened. But Im definitely going to come off of this and switch to Slim Fast as soon as I possibly can. I hate to continue with S&S at all, to be honest, but it is just too much money to waste.

Given how you felt, which doesn't sound good at all, I agree with your plan.
I am also disgusted with the NON support from S&S! I'd def complain about that!
I am here always, I hope you know that.
Get some food down you, you know what to eat now to lose weight, so I'm sure you'll carry on and be successful!
Are you keeping your Diary here, or changing it over in to a different section? If so, please let me know so I can follow you!!

Hope you feel better as the day goes on.

Off out with Max to Play Arena, so going to get ready.

Talk later lovely :)
xxx

Hi Beelishy! Hi Nat!

I was reading through your diary and I'm sorry it sounds like you've had a horrible time - but you are right to listen to your body. Don't make yourself ill whatever you do.

I was interested in the fact that both you and Nat are not impressed with SnS custmer service - well, me neither! I spoke to a girl on the chat called Michelle and she literally did not have a single clue. I asked her about the soya in the packs cos in the new brochure it says that people with an underactive thyroid should be wary of this - well i have an ubderactive thryoid and have always been aware of the soya thing but it hasnt usually bothered me - nor has my endocrinologist ever mentioned it to me. However, when I asked her she was like umm it depends if you are on medication (yes - that was the first thing i said to her - i take thyroxine for an underactive thryoid) and then she said i can list all the packs with soya in if you want n then she just came out with 'people with an underactive thyroid may be at a higher risk of developing a goiter on this diet' it was clear she had just read it off a leaflet and did not have a clue about what it meant or how to advise me - it was just like she was giving me rote information! I ended our conversation!

However, if you do want to talk to SnS again (and I don'tthink it sounds like you do!!) click on the sales section on the online chat thing and you should get a wonderful lady called Karen - she is brilliant - she is knowledgeable and interested and just had about a half an hour chat with me yesterday about how it was all going and encouraging me etc. I refuse to talk to any of them except her now!

Hope you feel better soon hun xxx

I'm sorry you've been poorly Kelly :( Listen to your body, I guess this diet isn't right for you - it can't click with everyone. Maybe there's something in the shakes that's just not agreeing with you?

Maybe you can do a mix of a calorie counting and JuDDD type plan with the remaining packs? Replace your lunch with a pack (at least until you switch to Slimfast) ?

I hope you feel better soon! :hug99:

x

Well, after a day of having "normal food"....Im finally feeling better. I have more energy and my head seems way better (although I would say probably 90% so). Something definitely went very very wrong. But I have just put in a meal plan into my fitness pal and worked out a 1200 cal day using packs and real food (but healthy real food). Its pretty much a shake made up with milk (gone off the crispy shakes too. so maybe making them up with semi-skimmed milk will help? lol) and ice with a banana for breakfast. Then lunch is about 100g of salad with tomato 2 boiled eggs and 3 tablespoons of the light kraft dressing and a tin of Heinz Big soup (vegggie of course). Then dinner is a meal pack with 200g of cauli and 200g of broccoli. And lastly, my bar at 7. lol. I need to do another plan using the sweet porridge up as well. I will use those two days repeated until i get shot of these packs. Then I will see how I feel. If its going ok...I may order more packs and keep on until my holidays. and then re-evaluate. if not, i may switch over to slimfast. Today Ive had zero packs. lol. I had a banana when i first got up. Then I had the left over 2 slices of pizza mid-morning (LOL FAIL. but i hate wasting food and hubs wont eat pizza the next day! plus...helloo...its pizza!) then around about 1pm I had about 100g salad with a small salad tomato and 2 boiled eggs with a little light dressing. Thats all Ive had today. And I feel fine. i cant imagine there was all that much, calories-wise (compared to my diet when im NOT dieting...hell, or even when i Am dieting! lol) tonight im going to have a pack with some cauliflower and then a bar later if i fancy it. I bought some chocolate chip muffins this morning, for Tabby and havent been tempted at all. Blergh. lol. (although i did have 2 slices of pizza, regardless of how small..its not exactly "diet food" ...ah well!) So thats the plan for now. Im going to work on another day using the porridge packs (maybe the same, just switch out the shake for the porridge, duh. that would probably be easiest) and then alternate the 2 menus. Im still going to get weighed on Wednesday next week and am fully expecting about a 6lb water gain. *shrug* but I will just continue on.

Thank you ALL for your concern and support. Slim and Save are appalling, in my experience. But you guys....the support is second to none. <3 thank you so so much. Im not going anywhere, regardless. Even if I do switch, if you will still have me...I would love to just keep this same diary. And keep all of you! :gen126:

Im going to catch up properly tonight as I am feeling better and will have some time to do so then!

xxxx

Hey Bee, im just catching up as haven't been feeling great myself, hope ur doing good and feeling better now??

U have 2 do whats right and what works best for you!! Ur not allowed 2 leave this diary lol u have 2 stay its the rules regardless of what diet ur doing:p xxx

Not great tbh, really bad cough and sore throat, I also had a internal stye on my eye the other day which was sooo painful, hope all these things aren't diet related xxx

I dunno. Ive had a talk with my hubby tonight and he doesnt want me to have any more packs in case it is related to something in them that doesnt agree with me. So Im going to have to put them on ebay. :/ I cant waste all that money and get nowt at all for them. Im going to go take inventory and do that in a bit. *sigh* Just be careful honey. xxx

Hubby has just said he wants to do slim fast with me. So we are going to get the stuff this weekend and start on Tuesday. And as hubs has asked me not to have anymore S&S packs (he's scared, bless. and I cant really blame him) Im going to have to just really watch calories. I will make (yet another) plan on MFP. Oy vey. What a carry on!

Hey hunny - don't know how to do a link to my diary...:eek: I'm a bit technologically challenged :rolleyes: It's called 'Wedding diet - want the dress and the bikini!' though - hope you find it :) glad u chatted with hubby about it lovely and ur not taking the packs anymore - obv they really dont agree with u :( xxxx

I did slimfast once, I really like the shakes xxx

Back