Beelishy's VLCD Weight Loss Adventure!!

I started it in 2007 for a week or so but I wasnt doing it properly and more than that, I worked with a really obnoxious chick (she was also my boss) and she used to take the mick alll theee timmmeee. So it put me off. Im older and a stay-at home mam now. Dont care what anyone thinks! lol. And because its a known brand, people wont freak out if they find out im doing it. Or not as much anyway. Im not going to advertise that Im doing it though. lol

Hi Beelishy! Hi Nat!

I was reading through your diary and I'm sorry it sounds like you've had a horrible time - but you are right to listen to your body. Don't make yourself ill whatever you do.

I was interested in the fact that both you and Nat are not impressed with SnS custmer service - well, me neither! I spoke to a girl on the chat called Michelle and she literally did not have a single clue. I asked her about the soya in the packs cos in the new brochure it says that people with an underactive thyroid should be wary of this - well i have an ubderactive thryoid and have always been aware of the soya thing but it hasnt usually bothered me - nor has my endocrinologist ever mentioned it to me. However, when I asked her she was like umm it depends if you are on medication (yes - that was the first thing i said to her - i take thyroxine for an underactive thryoid) and then she said i can list all the packs with soya in if you want n then she just came out with 'people with an underactive thyroid may be at a higher risk of developing a goiter on this diet' it was clear she had just read it off a leaflet and did not have a clue about what it meant or how to advise me - it was just like she was giving me rote information! I ended our conversation!

However, if you do want to talk to SnS again (and I don'tthink it sounds like you do!!) click on the sales section on the online chat thing and you should get a wonderful lady called Karen - she is brilliant - she is knowledgeable and interested and just had about a half an hour chat with me yesterday about how it was all going and encouraging me etc. I refuse to talk to any of them except her now!

Hope you feel better soon hun xxx

Hiya lovely! :)

I agree, Michelle - totally clueless, Karen - class!
Rob has been great, but seems as he's ignored Kelly, I am now reassessing that opinion!!

How're you doing?

xxx

Sadly, its not the first time theyve given me unhelpful advice. I asked if i could have granulated splenda and the girl on the live help said "i will check" and then "artificial sweeteners are allowed". uhm. ok. lolol Anyway, Im off to bed!

Thanks everyone!!! xxx

Hiya Kelly

*waves at everyone!*

I am soooooooooooo pleased to hearing you more upbeat. Mental health is just as, if not more so, important as physical health.
Something obviously went very wrong - I am trying to remember the medical term, but for the life of me I can't!

Hubby sounds like an absolute saint, you have a good un there! Doing Slim Fast with you, how supportive is he! :)

And you must stick around, you can NOT leave us now!
Obviously when you change over, link us to your new Diary too :)

I think I may have been heading that way before I did a few days of increased cals - was starting to feel strange, but I think adding more cals did the trick.
The thing that worried me the most is that ketosis actually eats muscle as well as burning fat.
As my heart is a muscle, I didn't like the sound of that, so decided to tailor the plan so that I could do it and feel good too.

If it takes us longer to lose weight, so what? The longer it takes to go, the more likely it is to stay away!

Anyway, just wanted to say YAY to you feeling so much better (phew, relief!!) - you're doing the right thing lovely - you know your own body, I know you'll do what's right for it :)

xxx

Hiya lovely! :)

I agree, Michelle - totally clueless, Karen - class!
Rob has been great, but seems as he's ignored Kelly, I am now reassessing that opinion!!

How're you doing?

xxx

Hey hun! I'm not bad - having some cravings this eve for some reason! Just gonna ignore them though. Feel like I'm not losing quick enough too lol totm is due next week so that could be the reason for the cravings and why im feeling bloated and a little bit crap also this is week 3 where supposedly u lose less and that seems to be true for me - oh well just looking forward to the next two weeks being over! Sorry for moaning!

Hows ur day been lovely?

xx

Hey hun! I'm not bad - having some cravings this eve for some reason! Just gonna ignore them though. Feel like I'm not losing quick enough too lol totm is due next week so that could be the reason for the cravings and why im feeling bloated and a little bit crap also this is week 3 where supposedly u lose less and that seems to be true for me - oh well just looking forward to the next two weeks being over! Sorry for moaning!

Hows ur day been lovely?

xx

Good Evening ! :D

Yep, it's the dreaded monthlies - I was the same, craved, was starving, bloated, and as a result of water retention, didn't lose much weight at all that week.
As soon as it starts, you'll start to feel good again, and will be due a big loss - I'll bet money on it!

Don't be daft, moan away - that's what we're all here for, the good times and the bad!
Lord knows, I have done more than my fair share of moaning lol!!

Had a good but mad day, glad to be sat down, am seriously tired, so def an early night tonight!

How's your day been?

Don't worry, once TOTM has arrived, you'll feel so much better (it's just pants in the meantime! :( ) xxx

Morning all!

Well it is day 23 (sorta!). Yesterday was my first day intentionally off S&S. I did a combination of packs and normal (healthy) food, keeping my cals for the day at 1250. So today I am going to have my first day with NO packs...just calorie counting. I will so this until Monday when the hubster and I start Slim Fast. I have planned it all out and I will have pretty much the same thing every day until then. Im meant to be going out on Monday but we will be going to Nandos so I have already planned out that I will have a chicken or veggie pita and that will be my meal for the day. Im excited (again) to get started! lol. Im sad that S&S didnt agree with me. Sadder still that the service is appalling. The funny thing is, there was someone that used to follow my diary when i was just starting out and she got quite offended when I complained about a reply to a delivery question and the fact that I thought it was a rather unprofessional answer. So she stopped following me. LOL. Anyway. Today is a new day on this journey. Ive had to change the mode in which I will continue on, but I WILL continue on. Im going to count up and sort my packs. I have a good 2 weeks supply in a variety of bars, meal packs, shakes and a couple of soups. Hopefully that goes and it will get put back in the fund for more slimfast! lol.

Thanks for sticking with me. :)

How is everyone doing?

Ive not had the inclination or felt the need to go crazy with carby stuff that previously would have been so tempting. We have walkers cheese and onion crisps, chocolate chip muffins and a pack of chocolate caramel bunnies (you know, the pack of two carburys ones?) and im not bothered. I had 1 crisp outta Tabbys bag yesterday. Me. Had ONE crisp. And was fine with that. WHAT? So thanks to S&S for helping to sort my head and my portion sizes (I was so full last night after my chili con carne pack and 25g of cauli!!) and helping me get back some of the self control that I had after my surgery! Thats really (aside from awesome, quick weight loss) what I was really hoping I would get from doing S&S. And I got that and Im also down 16lbs in just a few short weeks. I dont want to give up either of those two things, so I will listen to my body, and not my head, as I had been. And hopefully just pick up on Monday with Slim Fast where I left off on Wednesday.

I hope everyone has a fab day! Ive had a cup of coffee so far. Going to have some water and then my bran flakes (yes, I actually enjoy bran flakes) with some skimmed milk and a banana for breakfast. 2 boiled egg salad for lunch and for dinner, a tin of veggie soup with a cheese sandwich (finally! My cheese sandwich! lol) and some melon for later tonight. And that will do me for the day!

Right, off to pack up my packs! lol x

Mornng Bee!

Very sensible - you have it all worked out, and that's brilliant! :)
I know you'll do it - you're made of strong stuff.

You will never please everyone, there'll always be someone who has to have a dig. just ignore, rise above it, and move on. She probably works for S&S lol!! ;)

You have every right to post your opinions without expecting a tongue lashing! I thought that was out of order too. If that's her opinion, fair enough, but don't come on to YOUR diary dissing YOUR opinions!
Just ignore, people like that go away eventually :)

Hope you manage to get rid of the packs! :confused:

I'll always stick with you - no getting away from me, ha!!

I'm good thanks, weather is pants again but determined to get little lad out today!

Hope you have a good day lovely :) xxx

*waves at Lou!*

xxx

Yeah, I found her reply quite childish and obnoxious! I knew you'd know who I meant, Nat! lol

Weather is pants here too. Booo!

Just listed my lot. I think Its a great deal....63 packs for 50 quid. Seeing as a 14 day supply (at 4 packs per day) on S&S website (which is 56 packs) is £73.99!! So over a 2 week supply for £50, ace. LOL We shall see!

Have a lovely day xx

Yep, I remember very well.
Really no need for that reply!
Probably not getting any, ha! ;)

That's a great deal - no doubt you'll sell them at that!

I sent you a PM on you no where!!

Thanks lovely, you too! xxx

Yep, I remember very well.
Really no need for that reply!
Probably not getting any, ha! ;)

That's a great deal - no doubt you'll sell them at that!

I sent you a PM on you no where!!

Thanks lovely, you too! xxx

Lol this made me laugh!!!:D

Hey Bee, hope u have a fab day xxx

Haha. me too :p

Im doing fine now, thanks. Feeling much better although I think I may have had some muscle waste as I feel very tired anything I exert even the smallest amount of energy. I really need to build my fitness up! Otherwise feeling great. Not really hungry once I have my meals. I had my bran flakes this morning and it filled me up fine. Never before would 45g of bran flakes make me full! LOL. So just plodding on this way for now. I am nervous about weighing on Monday as I KNOW there will be a gain waiting for me. But I keep telling myself not to stress about it. It is what it is. And Im still being very healthy! i will get there. We all will! xx

I think as long as ur being healthy ul b fine, ur weight will prob go up a little but will stabilise once ur body adjusts and ul start to lose again:)

A couple of my friends one who is over 20stone and the other about 18stone both do slimming world, they have bn doing it for weeks, get to eat loads and have good losses every week, usually 3-4 pounds weekly..... xxxx

Ive done SW before. It was great at the start but I found it too vague. I do better with a plan to follow. And especially with being veggie and having potatoes and pasta "free" on SW I found I kept creeping into carb overload. I may look at it again in the future (like for maintenance) when i have more self control and good choices have just become a proper, permanent habit. xx

Very odd! I just got another reply from Rob about the brochure (bear in mind that on Wednesday he replied to me saying that they would send it out that very day) and he said "hi Kelly, this has left today for you". Uhm. Ok. So you lied about posting it out on Wednesday. Annoying but ok. Moreso, STILL NO REPLY to my question about how many packs I should be on at my weight. Its pointless and irrelevant now but still. WOW! lol

I cant help but laugh.

Ooh. 3 people watching my listing of packs! Woo!

U should reply and tell them ur not impressed with there communication and support!! Xxx

I cant be bothered. Like I said to Nat, Robs the owner...so, he knows what he is doing (and not doing). Its him that has ignored my question and him that lied about the brochure being posted Wednesday. So complaining to him is pointless.

How is everyone getting on today? I keep thinking it is saturday! lol

Back