Beelishy's VLCD Weight Loss Adventure!!

Aww I hope you had a lovely Sunday - did you get any nice belated gifts?

And good luck with starting Slim Fast tomorrow and lunch with your friends!

x

Day 1 of slim fast! I got weighed this morning and decided not to panic as long as I was still below 265lbs. And Im 263lbs. Not brillitant but Im not worried. So lets do this! Back on it! Have a great day all! Xx Will catch up properly this evening.

Whoop! The start of SF! Not a bad gain, it'll only be water, you'll soon lose it again :)

Glad you have a lovely day - this diet is grueling, a day off won't hurt!

Have a lovely day out with your friends!

xxx

Like Nat said - don't worry about the weight! I always found that water weight - about 5-6 lbs of it just go on and off within a week or so; real fat cannot do that within the space of days!
I used to always use the trick - fast for 5 days before a big night out and enjoy guilt-free! ;)

Are you counting calories at all alongside Slim Fast?

x

Just popping by to say goodnight :)

Pls let us know how you're getting on with SF!!

My Cat, can you post a link to your diary?

Goodnight, Sweet Dreams! xxx

Morning Bee, hope ur ok?? Just popping by to say hello as I didn't get chance to get on here yest, hope u have a fab day xxx

Hmmm! Ive just read through your thread Bee. Its made me a bit concerned as the reason i fell off the wagon so bad was because i started to feel really poorly. I was always hungry, had awful tummy ache and headaches and was weak.

Im restarting today, but i am going to be eating extra protein this time, as much as i need. I will see how i get on i guess.

I did slim fast for a couple of weeks with my OH about a year ago, i actually found it really good and manageable, i hope its going well for you :D

Just popping by to say goodnight :)

Pls let us know how you're getting on with SF!!

My Cat, can you post a link to your diary?

Goodnight, Sweet Dreams! xxx

Hello lovely! Can you tell me how to do it?!! :eek: :D

How are you Kelly and everyone?

Have a good day!

xx

Hiya! Ive not been on much lately but Im still here! Things have been a tad hectic the past couple of days and Im just tring to settle in to SF and planning meals and trying to get back into working out. I think things are finally settling down so tomorrow should be a bit better. How is everyone doing?

Hello lovely! Can you tell me how to do it?!! :eek: :D

How are you Kelly and everyone?

Have a good day!

xx

Hiya! :)

You go in to your Diary, then copy the URL (Ctrl + C), then come in to here and paste it (Ctrl + V). If you don't know how to do it, I'll find it any post it for you! :D

Had a good day thanks, hope you have too?

xxx

Hiya! Ive not been on much lately but Im still here! Things have been a tad hectic the past couple of days and Im just tring to settle in to SF and planning meals and trying to get back into working out. I think things are finally settling down so tomorrow should be a bit better. How is everyone doing?

Good thanks lovely, and you? :) xxx :)

Morning!

So, I havent been around here much lately. Partly because Ive been busy and partly because (and here comes the confession bit...) Ive been pretty down since I stopped doing S&S. I feel like a failure. And I feel gutted that I wasnt one of the ones that could handle this diet physically. Ive seen a few women on here who are about my height and weight and theyre dropping anywhere from like 3-6lbs a WEEK. And that wasnt me. And then I had that horrible episode. And I had been so hopeful and my head was totally in the right place for this...but my body decided to fail me. Again. So Ive been incredibly sad and low lately. That has caused me to not really follow Slim Fast the way I should. I had a talk with my hubby last night and Im feeling a bit clearer-headed and optimistic. Im trying to put the low feelings and the negative stuff going through my head into a little box at the back of my mind under lock and key so that I can actually move past this and get going with my losses again.

So I got up this morning and had some water and a coffee. Then i got Tabby ready and took her to nursery. When i came back I had a banana and fed Zoe and then I went straight in and did my 3o minute workout. I have an old Bev Callard DVD which is my fave! So I did SOME of it (intentionally). She does a warm up, then a bit of cardio, then arms with weights, then legs on the floor (one side), then abs, then legs (the other side) then a cool down. There is a part in there where she is on hands and knees doing leg and bum stuff but I cannot stay on my knees that long because I had severe SPD with both of my girls and my pelvis still gives me a bit of trouble..and that section KILLS. So I avoid it. Shame too because its really hard and i think its great for hips, legs and bum toning. Anyway...Ive decided to break the dvd up (its over 70 mins) and do the warm up and cardio every day along with either the arms bit, the legs bit or the abs bit. Today was arms. And although I am pouring with sweat and I have jelly arms...I got through it, finished it and I didnt collapse and/or die! HUZZUH! lol

So Im feeling much more positive today. Once Ive done my workout, something in my head clicks and I know that A) Im burning more cals through the day and B) I dont have any desire to binge because Ive just kicked my own @ss with the workout and WHY waste that?! lol.

Ive also realised that I really enjoy it and I wish that I had the full hour to do the whole thing every day (I did the whole thing, every day when tabby was about a year old) but I just dont have the time right now, sadly.

So. Here's me, back again and ready to do this. Because I CAN. It will be slower than I had hoped with S&S but I will get there. And the sooner I get my head together and sort myself out...the sooner I will get there. So I need to stop wasting time feeling like crap. :D

And thats where I am now. Right here. :D Im going to go through and catch up with everyone in a minute. Just going to get zoe a bottle and get her off to sleep, then make my first shake of the day and then settle down. :D

To those of you that have come by to check on me and say hi and who have stuck with me thus far, thank you. :hug99: Thank you, thank you, thank you. :D xxxx

Hi Hun. I've just read your diary from the start. Wow, what a journey you had. Reading your honest posts really inspire me and I can relate to so much of it. Please don't feel like a failure. You're not! You're figuring it all out. Most of all you're not giving up! You are so much stronger than you think you are and you can do it! We can do it..

So, today has gone well so far. I had my banana then a shake and then i had a couple of eggs in a salad. I felt like having that instead of 2 other 100 cal snacks today. I still have another shake to have and then dinner tonight is tostada. Oven baked flour tortilla (wrap) and once its lovely and crisp I top it with salad and 1/2 pack quorn pieces cooked with onions, peppers (but i dont have any so just onions today) and sometimes black beans (but not today). i ususally put a little light creme fraiche or sour cream on it but not got that either so dinner will only be 450 cals. lol. That will still leave me 150 cals to have later so I will decide what/if to have later. Working my way through my water.

Have been having some problems with Tabbys nursery so Ive decided to change. We are going to put her in the nursery at the Primary School she'll be going to so we are all going to have a visit there on Monday. I got sick of her coming home soaking wet from there. Her top and socks would be wet from playing in the water and her coat would be soaking from playing in the puddles outside. And she's constantly sick. No wonder. I know theyre prone to catch lots of bugs when they first start but she started in january and shes been off sick more than shes actually been there! So anyway. Thats been stressful. Deciding what to do. She really loves going to nursery and she loves her keyworker there. But as my hubby said, some of the staff have a devil may care attitude and dont particularly fill us with confidence. A few of the younger staff often have faces like they hate their jobs and dont particularly like kids. Not entirely thrilled having her go there anymore. So that's one major thing happening.

I got a text from hubby today. Apparently his mam's health has taken a turn for the worse. She's been in a pretty bad state for a while...lots of things wrong. But she had been managing. Its gotten to a point now where we are all pretty sure she is going to have to be taken into a home where she can get pretty constant care. In all honesty, I dont much care for the woman, but I dont like to see anyone suffer and she is my husband's mother. Regardless of their lack of much of a relationship these days, I know that on some level this will be painful for him to witness and to have to deal with. So I am hurting, for him. Also feeling a bit useless. lol. Ive offered to help in anyway I can but its situations likes these where being a foreigner is difficult because you have no idea what the done thing is or how to help or go about arranging things. I have no real idea as to how these things work. So I will do what I can but leave all the arranging and planning to her kids.

And of course then there is MY mother. She's fine. Except she just got a tablet and she's sending herself doolally with stress and panic attacks over learning how to use it. Yes really. She always does this. She's a techno-phobe to the point of ridiculousness. She makes herself ill over it. But aside from that, her new husband is going in for a hip replacement today and she's sh!t scared about that, too. THAT I can understand. The panic-attacks-over-the-tablet I try to be patient with her about and try to be sympathetic but its hard. lol. I just want to smack her and tell her....the very worst thing is that she DOES break it and then...SO WHAT its just a broken piece of machinery. Nothing bad will happen. lol. And furthermore, TABBY can use our ipad. Hello. Not that tricky. But anyway. Yes. The hip replacement. Its hard to be so far away when my mom is going through this. She is worried for him and I can only comfort her from a (very far) distance.

Zoe is doing wonderfully. Which I am thankful for. She's growing and thriving. I thought she would be more mobile by now...but she isnt. And I thought she would be more vocal by now, but she isnt that either. She is who she is. I know that Im working with her and she will do it all when she's good and ready. Its hard not to wonder if you've failed your kids somehow when they dont do "what it says they should in the books". Although, admittedly, Im not nearly as paranoid about that stuff this time around. With Tabby I was constantly measuring what she could and couldnt do and monitoring it. POintlessly. lol. I say all of this as my HEALTHY, HAPPY children and giggling and cooing and laughing and playing with one another. And really, thats all that matters. :p

Anyway. I just wanted to jot this stuff down because I do plan on reading back through this from time to time and seeing where my head is at different points along the way. What was going on. What I was thinking and feeling.

Im off to make my shake before it gets much later. LOL. Im actually not hungry. :)

Hey Bee... hope ur ok?? Just having a quick catch up so I haven't read all ur new posts:)

Have u considered doing slim and save for breakfast and lunch and having a healthy evening meal of ur choice, just a thought xxx

Back