Beelishy's VLCD Weight Loss Adventure!!

Ahh right, exciting... xxx

Tabby had her last day at her old nursery today. So she'll be off for 3 weeks now. Ive got some Easter colouring pages for her this week and im going to look up some easter-y crafts for us to do.

No idea whats going on with MIL. There is no communication between any of the 5 siblings. Even hubby and his brother, who he works for!! That brother went round to MILs the other day to see whats going on and all he said the next day to hubby was that shes "in a bad way" and his wife was going to ring round to get some help. Insanity. The woman needs to be in hospital. Ive said this over and over to hubby and every time I mention it or I ask if he knows anything more, he acts like Im nagging. Well Im sorry but I wouldnt leave even my worst enemy laying in her own **** and this is his MOTHER!. But Ive resolved to stay well out of it. I wont ask and dont want to be involved. Whatever. Disgusting, the lot of them.

My mom's hubby seems to be on the mend, which is good. Helps her mood, as well. And only 48 days away from our hols!

So, diet starts on Monday. Properly, but with my health in mind. So if I need to tweak it a bit, I will do!

Have a lovely evening all xx

Monday the diet starts.

Tabby had her last day at her old nursery today. So she'll be off for 3 weeks now. Ive got some Easter colouring pages for her this week and im going to look up some easter-y crafts for us to do.

No idea whats going on with MIL. There is no communication between any of the 5 siblings. Even hubby and his brother, who he works for!! That brother went round to MILs the other day to see whats going on and all he said the next day to hubby was that shes "in a bad way" and his wife was going to ring round to get some help. Insanity. The woman needs to be in hospital. Ive said this over and over to hubby and every time I mention it or I ask if he knows anything more, he acts like Im nagging. Well Im sorry but I wouldnt leave even my worst enemy laying in her own **** and this is his MOTHER!. But Ive resolved to stay well out of it. I wont ask and dont want to be involved. Whatever. Disgusting, the lot of them.

My mom's hubby seems to be on the mend, which is good. Helps her mood, as well. And only 48 days away from our hols!

So, diet starts on Monday. Properly, but with my health in mind. So if I need to tweak it a bit, I will do!

Have a lovely evening all xx

Monday the diet starts.

Sorry to hear about your mum's/her OH's problems and your MIL :( Though, it really must be hard for your hubby - it's hard to admit something is wrong with your parent. He may very well lash out at you and tell you that you're "nagging" because he's scared and in denial. Regardless of the the relationship between a child and parent, even if it has been strained - no one ever wants to see their parent weak and helpless. It's a very difficult process, one that can't be very well explained. Despite his bad moods, you do need to support him, no matter how hard it is... he's not in control of his emotions, even if he appears to be ok - especially with all the other siblings being all over the place... :( I do absolutely understand that it stresses you out, mostly because he's not himself right now (so he's harder to recognise on an emotional level).. he needs time and ... well... patience.

Please forgive me if I've overstepped any boundaries in this analysis.. just I've seen my dad through losing his own parents (who were very, very ill for a period of years - he had to jet back and forth from UK > Russia every few weeks and watch them die... he became quite insular and unresponsive, but tried to pretend he's ok). And in a way I've lost people very close to me too, my mum and my grandparents who were my "parents" more than anyone else... It's an excruciating and very conflicted place to be.

Re: 4 packs per day at your weight... In all honesty, I think there may have been something in the packs that made you ill rather than anything to do with starvation. Or maybe your genetic make-up isn't right for this type of diet? Some people really DO benefit more from having more normal diet + exercise. Some people shed 4-5 lb per week doing this and some don't. I'm sure I am one of those who could benefit from a normal diet and exercise too. Lol.
The reason for my doubts is that I was the same weight as you when I did LL in 2008 - I was 259 lbs - doing 4 pack VLCD (totalling just below 600 calories - less than SnS). No cola, no vegetables and definitely no extra protein snacks were ever allowed! I can't say I felt great, but I did not break out in a rash. :( So be careful honey, do what is best for you, but don't force it. There are so many other diets out there. :)

Either way, enjoy the Easter weekend with your girls, I really hope your mum and OH's mum issues slowly calm down.

x

sorry about MIL how frustrating for you, poor lady :( it's so hard when you see people NOT doing the right thing but unable to get them to see it your way. I've learnt to think 'right, I can only control my own actions, I've made my opinions clear, if they don't take my advice that is their decision and I can't control that' but so sad :(

Sorry to hear about your mum's/her OH's problems and your MIL :( Though, it really must be hard for your hubby - it's hard to admit something is wrong with your parent. He may very well lash out at you and tell you that you're "nagging" because he's scared and in denial. Regardless of the the relationship between a child and parent, even if it has been strained - no one ever wants to see their parent weak and helpless. It's a very difficult process, one that can't be very well explained. Despite his bad moods, you do need to support him, no matter how hard it is... he's not in control of his emotions, even if he appears to be ok - especially with all the other siblings being all over the place... :( I do absolutely understand that it stresses you out, mostly because he's not himself right now (so he's harder to recognise on an emotional level).. he needs time and ... well... patience.

Please forgive me if I've overstepped any boundaries in this analysis.. just I've seen my dad through losing his own parents (who were very, very ill for a period of years - he had to jet back and forth from UK > Russia every few weeks and watch them die... he became quite insular and unresponsive, but tried to pretend he's ok). And in a way I've lost people very close to me too, my mum and my grandparents who were my "parents" more than anyone else... It's an excruciating and very conflicted place to be.

Re: 4 packs per day at your weight... In all honesty, I think there may have been something in the packs that made you ill rather than anything to do with starvation. Or maybe your genetic make-up isn't right for this type of diet? Some people really DO benefit more from having more normal diet + exercise. Some people shed 4-5 lb per week doing this and some don't. I'm sure I am one of those who could benefit from a normal diet and exercise too. Lol.
The reason for my doubts is that I was the same weight as you when I did LL in 2008 - I was 259 lbs - doing 4 pack VLCD (totalling just below 600 calories - less than SnS). No cola, no vegetables and definitely no extra protein snacks were ever allowed! I can't say I felt great, but I did not break out in a rash. :( So be careful honey, do what is best for you, but don't force it. There are so many other diets out there. :)

Either way, enjoy the Easter weekend with your girls, I really hope your mum and OH's mum issues slowly calm down.

x

You havent overstepped anything! I know exactly what youre saying..but thats the thing. My issue is not that Im struggling to support him. Its that Im wanting to but he ISNT DOING ANYTHING. Not even ringing his youngest brother to check how she is. I ask "do you know how your mam is, or if any progress has been made with geting her some help?" and he just shrugs and said "no". So he isnt even checking on her at all. She's just left at home, unable to really move around,stuck on the sofa because she cannot negotiate the stairs, messing on herself...and he isnt even CHECKING on her. Whatever his reason, he really MUST not shut-down and just leave his youngest brother to deal with it. Poor lad's girlfriend has just been diagnosed with breast cancer and he has enough on his plate! But no. Theyre all a very strange bunch. And I suppose it is down to her and the way she raised them. I guess in a way, it is coming back to bite her in the arZe. However, she's a human being and I CANNOT sit and watch someone suffer and watch others either ignore it or run around cluelessly without any help actually coming through to the person in need. And THATs what is happening. Its frustrating because I have offered to help in any way I can. If they tell me who to ring, I will do it. But no one seems to be working together to help this woman. I cant force it. I can only do what I have done...offered my help and encouraged hubby to be a bit more active as this IS his mother. But in order to not cause him any more stress than he may be feeling over it...I have stepped back. I cant do more than I have. And he knows that if they need me to help I will.

As for the diet and the rash. LOL. You know...When you put 2 and 2 together and get 8? I think thats what I did. I got another "rash" a few days ago. Bearing in mind I have been off ALL diets for about 5 days now. And Ive worked out what it is and why my skin was so dry.....its the COLD! LOL. Can you believe it? Ive just used moisturizer and its gone! I think its the cold that really has been affecting my skin so badly. My lips have been chapped and my cheeks get like...wind burned and chapped. My hands are dry and cracking. So I got some lovely moisturizer and my skin has been MUCH better. Who knew? (Obviously not me, coming from the desert! LOL) ...of course that isnt to say that there wasnt an element of being allergic to those packs. Which is why I have only committed to one week at a time this time around. So we shall see. I felt better in myself when I was following it. So I had to try!

sorry about MIL how frustrating for you, poor lady :( it's so hard when you see people NOT doing the right thing but unable to get them to see it your way. I've learnt to think 'right, I can only control my own actions, I've made my opinions clear, if they don't take my advice that is their decision and I can't control that' but so sad :(

That's exactly where Im at with it now, Lou. Its a damned shame whats happening to this woman, but at the end of the day Im not her child and she never really cared much for me...so I cant really push my way in or force her kids to see what the right thing is to do. Ive told hubby what needs to be done for her, and thats all i can do! It is so sad though. I didnt speak to my own mother for 6 years (until very recently, actually)...we had a massive falling out. But had she needed me or my help...really needed it like their mother does, I would have done whatever I could. I just have to step back now though.

Morning everyone.

Its another gloomy and freeezing day here! I would really love a few nice days. :/

So today, hubby is at work and the girls and I arent going anywhere! So today I am going to get my water down! And get some chores done. And although Im not "on a diet" Im going to stick to healthy stuff....Im planning a lovely boiled egg salad for lunch and a spicy quorn and salad burrito for dinner.

Hoping my packs come today ...or tomorrow at the latest as I dont fancy waiting until Tuesday! lol. Or wait..is there post Saturday? I dunno, all this Easter stuff confuses me. HA! Anyway. Im sure it will be here by tomorrow.

Hope you all have a lovely day! xx

Morning lovely

I am so sorry to hear about your MIL :( I am also sorry to hear no one seems to be doing anything. It must be very frustrating for you.
I can't even begin to understand why no one in the family is bothering with her - it's alien to me. No matter what may have happened in the past, she needs some help now.
However, if your pleas are being ignored, like you say, there's not really a lot you can do about it.
I just hope someone comes to their senses soon because she can't be left alone for much longer! I bet you are climbing the walls trying to get through to OH to do something!

Am looking forward to hearing what this new diet is like! And I hope it comes very soon - it should be with you soon surely. I can't see it being after Easter. I don't think there's any post on Friday, but I think there is on Saturday. Then, Monday being a holiday, no post then either, so I hope it comes before!!

Hope things start to improve soon lovely, I can't even begin to imagine the stress you feel right now! :(

xxxx

Morning lovely

I am so sorry to hear about your MIL :( I am also sorry to hear no one seems to be doing anything. It must be very frustrating for you.
I can't even begin to understand why no one in the family is bothering with her - it's alien to me. No matter what may have happened in the past, she needs some help now.
However, if your pleas are being ignored, like you say, there's not really a lot you can do about it.
I just hope someone comes to their senses soon because she can't be left alone for much longer! I bet you are climbing the walls trying to get through to OH to do something!

Am looking forward to hearing what this new diet is like! And I hope it comes very soon - it should be with you soon surely. I can't see it being after Easter. I don't think there's any post on Friday, but I think there is on Saturday. Then, Monday being a holiday, no post then either, so I hope it comes before!!

Hope things start to improve soon lovely, I can't even begin to imagine the stress you feel right now! :(

xxxx

Thanks honey! It is very strange to me as well. I have always been baffled by and not fond of his family with a couple of exceptions. But I am incredibly disappointed in my husband right now. I told him that as well. The poor woman needs help. And of all his siblings I always thought my hubby was the one that would be the most compassionate and caring and would get his mother sorted when the time came. I was clearly completely wrong. Just makes me wonder if he would just leave me in a pile of sh!t too, should that day ever come. *sigh*

Anyway...Im trying to keep everything happy and positive and trying to put that all out of my head. Focusing on this easter week/weekend and re-starting my diet and on my holidays!

Ive done a few bits around the house and am going to sit down in a bit and look up some easter crafts that we can do later today and/or tomorrow. Ive also found a craft - footprint butterflies...which i think is adorable.....so Im going to do it with both girls!

:D

Hallelujah! lol. Hubby just sent a text saying that his Mam is being taken into hospital. He doesnt have any details yet as he is still at work but i am relieved. Huge weight lifted off me. I just felt such tremendous guilt.

I can chill out now. Whatever happens from here, at least she is getting medical care.

Whew!

Thanks fir all your support, helpful and kind words, ladies. You're all such dolls! :) xx

Apparently she's VERY bad. Gone completely purple and her heart rate and temp have dropped a lot. So the ambulance was there to take her away and hubby has jumped on the bus to go up to the hospital. He's texted saying he's just gotten into town. So it will be about a 5-7 min walk to the hospital. Hopefully it isnt quite as bad as it sounds. but it sounds pretty bad. Poor hubby's face when his younger brother rang to tell him that they were taking her away.... *sigh*

Hope shes ok Bee, shes defo in the right place xxx

My heart reaches out to MIL and your OH. I'm glad you also have some relief from this stress.

I hope your girls enjoy Easter with the arts and crafts you have planned, I really hope all of this isn't affecting them too much. Kids can be very perceptive!

x

On a side note, your hands and skin going all crackly, I was reading it this morning on the train, I'd never have thought of it... lol, I grew up with snow in the winters and my hands always go dry, crackly and itchy in sub-zero - it's normal :) I guess your experience with that is fairly limited in the UK (presumably you've also come from a warm part of the US?). Silly Bee...! x

Haha! Yes, Minerva. I come from the desert. We get dry skin, but in a verrrry different way! I didnt think that the cold could harm the skin in this way! Lol! So, hubby is on his way home from the hospital. My poor boy will be so sad. Regardless of how he appears on the outside. I will do what I can and comfort him the best I can.

Morning

So, today. Hmm. We should find out a bit more about his mam....whats causing her problem, and what they plan to do and what ward is will be (or is. if she was moved through the night) on. Hubby will be going up again after work at some point. He's off tomorrow, which is good. He will go up to the hospital but will be home quite a lot too. Poor Tabby didnt really understand why daddy left again last night. She kept crying and saying "daddy doesnt go to work again! its dark time!" Bless her. So we will have more of that tonight, but hopefully I can distract her with stuff to do as Im more prepared today! lol

Im kinda....off food. I had an apple for breakfast and I feel so full. Im having some water now. I was awful yesterday. I had stupid amounts of chocolate....just because it was there and I was bored/stressed/upset. Ive gone off it all now though. Bleh. I may have a slimfast shake later for lunch if i cant face the salad I had planned.

The girls got a gift bag each with a bunch of easter stuff in it from my BIL and his wife. I appreciate it but I cant help but feel like its just so hypocritical. They have no actual interest in my kids. They dont know them, dont spend any time with them....I dunno. I just feel awkward accepting stuff when I know its like in lieu of them actually caring about my kids. If that makes sense. Maybe because where SIL is incredibly materialistic, Im the complete opposite. Anyway..the girls will enjoy it. :)

How is everyone doing? What plans do you all have for Easter? :D

Back