Beelishy's VLCD Weight Loss Adventure!!

Good for you those extras are all super healthy and you must be in a good place if you only fancy the good stuff rather than sugar and carbs :) that's what i'm finding now, i'm not tempted by anything, but that is sure to change once the novelty and enthusiasm wears off!!! :)

Glad mil is out of danger, poor lady :( I don't want to get old or ill :(

Hey lovely!

So, what diet are you doing? I've read through the last few pages, and I can see you're sick of shakes, lol! So, are you following a VLCD or have you switched now?

Any more news re MiL? Hoping she is home soon like you mentioned. Must be getting a lot better if they're thinking along those lines? Hope so!

Yay to your hols being so close! Bet you simply cannot wait to get 'home'! AND to be guaranteed fabulous weather! You so deserve this, and I hope you have the most fabulous time! Am sure you will, being back where you consider to be home :)

Sorry I've not been around lovely. I'm back now though!! Though Max seems to be getting ill again, arrrghh! I already know I'll be on the phone to the docs first thing tomo!!

Goodnight lovely, talk tomo! :) xxx

Morning :)

So I read though my books yesterday. To be fair, one is a little Collins Gem and it just had a bit of an intro and explanation of GI etc etc so that only took about 10 mins. And then my Rick Gallop book was also quite short. So I got through them. Very interesting and also very do-able. I need to start planning some meals because although he has recipes in the book...they dont appeal to me. And theyre a bit more involved than I can be bothered with. And this is the easy "express" stuff (Ive got his book "for busy people"). So Im going to be doing quite a bit of stir frys, sans rice or noodles. And stews/chilli/lentil-y things. And hubby will just have to eat it or not, really. lol. Slow cooker stuff will be awesome too. I love my slow cooker. Chuck it in, leave it. And at dinner time...FOOOD! lol.

So that is what I will be doing today. Planning food. I really want to try Minerva's yogurt breakfast. My issue is going to be portions, i think. I need to learn what is too big but also what is too SMALL. lol.

Anyway. Not much else happening. Today...Im not sure what Im going to do, foodwise. Ive had a coffee so far. I will have some water and then consider breakfast. I may use my oatmeal pack and have a pancake. Or I may just have some eggs. Not sure. Need to clear out the food cupboards, too.

Will be going food shopping on Sunday. Woo. Exciting stuff. :D

Not weighed myself today but I put on some yoga-y pants that I generally sleep/lounge around in but hadnt been able to wear comfortably since before I got pregnant with Zoe. They fit. Well. Comfy. a bit loose even. Im very happy.

Ive noticed that this time....I seem to have a much more negative view of my body than I did the last time I managed to get down to this weight. This is bothering me. I cant SEE..or wont see that I have lost weight. I look better. And I dont know why this is. I dont know why I still see myself as bigger than I am. Last time...it was the first time I had been below 260 in many years. And I was THRILLED and felt awesome. and I felt like i LOOKED so much better. Even though I still had a lot to lose. This time..its like I feel disappointed with myself. Weird. I need to sort my head out. I HAVE lost a lot of weight since I had Zoe. There is a noticeable difference. So anyway.

Off to collect/create some meal ideas and shopping list and clear out the cupboards. :D

Have a great day everyone!

well done on the yoga pants this should make you see how well you're doing

be kind to yourself, pat yourself on the back for what you've achieved so far :D hard when we don't see the results in the mirror, but I think we don't see the real image iyknim, like when I was in denial about getting bigger i thought I looked smaller than I really was!! Then occasionally I'd catch a glimpse unexpectedly and be like - oh GAWD!

Aww, regarding the self-size ability to see... Well, you WON'T see it. I still 'feel' the same (i.e. look down at myself to look) as I was when I was 15st 8. The difference is how much nearer to the surface my bones are, but generally, because the changes are so slow, that perception of a dramatic shock change will never come. That's why sometimes when we lose a lot of weight on these diets and go from size 24 to a size 12, we still try to pick up a size 20 much to the shock and horror of the sales assistants! LOL.

I learned portion sizes a bit by calorie counting and just looking at the portion. When we are hungry we want MORE, but in reality about half of that will actually satisfy our hunger. So I would urge you to calorie count for the first 2 weeks to get a feel for portion size and then it will become a little bit more natural.
Set out how many calories you want to stick to per day - 1300-1500 should give you a steady loss over a longer period of time. Then you'd divide that into 3 main meals and 2 snacks, because it seems that it is the routine you are comfortable with.

Yoghurt breakfast consists of: 10g chopped almonds; 75g frozen raspberries; powder sweetner...
170g pot 0% Total Greek Style Yoghurt; but these are expensive. You can substitute with 170g Activia Natural pouring yoghurt - it's the next lowest carbohydrate content per 100g. Unfortunately the protein isn't as high as in the Total, but that's the only difference.

:)

Have a lovely day !!

x

Random:

If it ever stops raining Im going to go out to get the stuff to make this Vegetarian Chickpea Sandwich Filler recipe - All recipes UK

I only have the chickpeas and mayo in. LOL. I tweak it a bit in that I leave out the dill and I add carrots and mustard and I usually have it on the warburtons sandwich thins but will probably have it by itself or on a bed of salad. I love it. aaahh.

I had a cup of coffee for breakfast....as I didnt know what I wanted and I kinda wasnt really hungry. And we are limited in what we actually have in right now. So mid-morning, I caved and had a packet of walkers and then some toast with cream cheese for lunch. And then hubby brought home the new maltesers bar and I had a 4 squares (well,. theyre more roundy. lol) of that. But my dinner was lovely and healthy. Lentil stew-y/curry thing. I dont like curry spices so I make it like a curry but then leave out the spices. lol. So it was essentially just tomato passata and pureed onion to make a sauce....i let that simmer together with some garlic powder and salt a nd chilli powder...let that cook...reduce and add more water...reduce and add more water...for a couple of hours....then I addded red lentils, peas and cauliflower. it reduces and thickens and and is just gorgeous. would have normally had it over rice or with bread. but had it just on its own.

today...i quite fancy some eggs. so i will have to decide how I want them done and what with as we are low on food stuffs. I cant wait to go shopping tomorrow. lol. Im kinda in limbo-ish right now. lol

Right...so I had 2 yolky eggs over a broken up slice of bread. My mom used to make that for me when I was little. Aww. Havent had it in years. Stuffed. I shouldnt have had the bread...but...I DID. lol. Today we are going to make the most of this much nicer weather and head out. Its blue sky and sunny and warmer so we will take a lovely walk into town. Have a great day, everyone :D

Hi!

Sorry Ive not been on for a while. Super busy planning/arranging holiday related stuff and been getting out to make the most of the nice weather we've been having. Diet is just...i dunno. Nothing right now. I need to get myself sorted but Ive just been too busy to think or worry about it. I havent been making a pig of myself but I havent been "dieting" either. I have all my healthy stuff in, so will prob start properly tomorrow ..actually paying attention and eating my proper 3 meals (been skipping meals...eek). But lots to do again this morning so Im off for now. Back later.

Aw Bee ! Don't get too stressed with all this running around!! Remember to relax every once in a while :D

Hope you'll have a lovely day and get today's errands sorted! :)

x

Hi Bee! Sorry I haven't been around at all! I need a proper diary catch up session but with wedding stuff and work and dieting and exercise I'm just manic atm! I am going to sit down tonight and have a read I think but until then - hi I hope you are ok!! :) xx

Hi! Morning!

So. I finally hit the scale this morning...and I about died. 263 :( Pardon my vulgar mouth but....f************ck. :| lol. Ahem

So after a little cry and a mini-pity party (ive been actually trying to be good-ish! opting for a quesadilla with salad and no fries when we went out rather than the big plate of pasta or the fried veggie burger-y thing that i REALLy wanted! HMPHF!) (yes, i know how ridiculous i sound :D haha)....ive decided Fk this. Im going back on. I know...Im the biggest (and fattest :/ ) yo-yo in the WORLD.

But this time, Im going to take a leaf out of Minerva's book and NOT HAVE SHAKES. That's what annoyed me and put me off last time. I just ordered mainly shakes! lol. Im going to do oatmeal for pancakes in the mornings. and then a meal pack for lunch and a pack for dinner with a quorn salad. or something similar. I dunno about bars. I may have a bar in the evening. I need to figure out how many packs per day to have and whether or not to bother with a "protein meal" (i.e. the quorn salad.). I think I may just have to order from SnS (rather than the diet shack) again because they have much more variety. and then do breakfast -- oatmeal pancakes, lunch -- meal pack + 1/2 veg allowance, dinner -- meal pack + 1/2 veg allowance, night time snack -- bar.

Anyway. We just went food shopping Sunday and I bought some fresh, perishable stuff - salad bags and apples and avocados (omg yum) and such. So Im going to start once Ive finished my fresh stuff as I cannot STAND to waste. And lord knows my hubby and kids wont eat any of it. :/ So I will start in a few days. I may use some of the packs I have in the cupboard in the mean time.....just to stick in a pack here and there to replace a meal and try to keep carbs and cals that bit lower until I can start.

I dont blame you if you want to unsubscribe from me. Im starting to annoy MYSELF with chopping and changing so much. Seriously. So annoying.

In other news:

Im taking Tabby to her new school this afternoon for a half an hour meet and greet sorta thing with her new teacher. And tomorrow she starts. All uniforms and big school. I know its still nursery but damn. It makes me cry. She's growing so quickly. And Im still adjusting. Its a beautiful thing and a heart breaking thing all at once. LOL.

MIL...is still in the hospital. Hubby hasnt been for a few days. Now I think of it...for lots of days. LOL. Since...last...friday, I think it was. I think he's kinda over it, in a way. She was asleep the last time he went...not her fault at all...but it cost him bus fares and time away from his kids..which he has little of through the week anyway. And then when she did wake up..they just kinda sat in silence. She;s doing a lot better and SHOULD be going home quite soon, and have carers at least 3 times a day. But things seem to take a lonnnnngggg time to get done with the NHS. So we are still just..waiting. Theyre basically sure the main thing was an overdose. They (the kids) think she has the onset of dementia. And her gp was chopping and changing her meds weekly...introducing new ones...different doses...she got confused and just took them as and when. And almost died. aside from that she has a lot of mental issues and physical things...auto-immune diseases etc. So she was in so much pain with one of them that she was unable to really get up even. So she was sat in one place for aaaaages and that caused the clot in her leg. Anyway. We are just waiting for her to be able to go home.

Anyway. Im going to go around and catch up with everyone now.

have a lovely day!

Last edited:
Oh Bee!!! Why would we ever unsubscribe from you?! You're a lovely and inspirational person - diet or not! Who CARES about the diet!! We're here for YOU!! :D

I know you can do it, just need to plod along, day by day. Try not to separate the 'diet' from life, that's when it becomes tricky. If it becomes it's own entity, then it becomes harder to juggle in a way. It's an extra, rather than part of the whole picture... the pink elephant that you mustn't think about ... (sorry if I'm sprouting nonsense, I haven't had my breakfast yet :p )

I hope Tabby settles into her new school ok!

x

Last edited:
Back