Beelishy's VLCD Weight Loss Adventure!!

Morning :)

Today is what is commonly known as Black Friday in the states. All the shops have a massive sale and people queue for ages and brawls break out and its mental. lol. Its also the day that most families have loads of left overs from yesterday and start getting creative with them. Things like turkey, mash and stuffing in a bread bun with gravy. LOL. Anyway. Not I! Its back to business today for me. I got up and chucked out the 1/2 of pumpkin pie that was remaining (the rest of the leftovers my hubby will have tonight, but the pumpkin pie no one else likes but me) and I got weighed to see the damage. 235lbs - so not as bad as I had thought actually. LOL That was my starting weight this week and I have 2 days til my WI on sunday. So hopefully I can make a bit of good progress by then. My next goal is 225lbs by 22nd Dec. before I take time off for christmas :) I will have a few things to attend - meals out, cookie exchange - but on those days i will enjoy myself and tweak the day to fit as best i can. The otehr days, when nothing is going on, I will be on plan. :) Here we go. :D

How is everyone else getting on?

Great resistance -- chucking that pie. I didn't even make one this year as I'm the only one who eats it! I'm sure one day won't do too much damage... It might even boost your metabolism.

There a big Black Friday sales on the American bases... I'm not going anywhere near them, if I can help it. Online sales have started, too -- but... I don't think any of us "need" anything. I'm not buying stuff just so there are piles of presents under the tree. My kids are older and understand.

Yeah. I always steer clear of Black Friday sales. Always have. I never need anything so badly that I would brave or trouble myself with that crap. People go crazy. LOL.

My kids are young enough to not really know the difference or expect much. Tabby is almost old enough to want 0850582048904793792742 things for christmas. But I dont think she actually expects to get it all....yet. :/ haha

Still, there will be plenty for both of them under the tree. Part of me was hesitant to buy too much anyway, because A- they have loads already and B- we are hopefully moving home at some point next year (or early 2015..if needs must) and a lot of it will just get sold on for pennies or chucked out/donated. And Zoe is still so little that she generally prefers to play with the boxes the toys came in. HA! It will be a nice morning, without being overkill. Im trying to strike that balance in my kids...a nice morning, feeling special and feeling like Santa was very kind to them...but not spoiling them too terribly much.

It was almost sacrilege - throwing that pumpkin pie out. Especially as it was the BEST pie Ive ever made! (last years was too eggy for me - I dont follow the directions on libbys. i dunno why. lol) but i did it because...i know that this is part of the learning/re-wiring process that the VLCD is supposed to give. Im trying to get into the habit of enjoying myself on special occassions, of course, but when that has passed...to know that i dont KEEP ON over-indulging. And that that isnt the NORMAL way to eat. lol. So back on the packs I go. Food today -

Spag bol
chili
porridge
2 eggs

coffee, water

Morning

Didnt stick to plan as strictly as I would like. I decided to get on with trying out a couple of cookie recipes for the cookie exchange on the 10th so that I could get that out of the way. I dont bake well...especially cookies, for some reason, so I wanted to try a couple of recipes that I had found. I had about 5 cookies yesterday, no packs, 2 boiled eggs and an egg on a slice of toast, and about 5 bites of the left over green beans that I knew hubby wouldnt eat. So I sts this morning. But Im thrilled that (yes i ate cookies BUT...) I didnt eat any of the stuffing, mash or pecan pie that was left over. I only tried the cookies to taste them. I actually felt ill and sick of it by the 3rd one. And the last two I only had half of. I made whipped shortbread, with and without a cherry on top, and some red velvet crinkles with and without white chocolate bits.

anyway. Today...back on it. Properly. Ive had a coffee and some water. Im going to have 3 packs and 2 or 3 eggs today. And thats it :)

This morning has been busy. Asda's website is being a sh!t and wont let me check out for my groceries to come tomorrow. Argh! And our tree has come today. :D its unfurling (thats not the right word, but yeah) as we speak. lol.

have a good day everyone.

Good luck getting back on it today x

Been 100% today and didnt actually feel hungry at all either. I had a vanilla shake 2 eggs and a babybel at around 11. Then I just had my chili pack at 3:30. Hubby will be home in an hour or so for dinner so I will make theirs and have mine around 6. Im not hungry and in fact I dont want my last pack, really. But I will have it because I need to follow plan properly. Ive had 3L of water. 1 more to go. Theres been 2 dinner plates full of home baked cookies in the fridge all day and I actually had forgotten until I just went in there to refil my daughter's juice cup. And my first thought was "bleurgh, yuck". haha Who'd have ever thought that of me? Not I.

Im hoping I see even a small loss tomorrow for weigh in but sometimes it takes my body a day or two to realise whats going on. Strangely.

How is everyone else getting on? Its been so quiet lately. I guess this is a bad time for a lot of people for diets etc. I bet you it will be busy as anything come january :p haha.

Just had my spag bol. I feel an attack of the munchies finally rearing its ugly head. Im going to resist. I have milk left over from my allowance today..enough for 2 coffees. So I will have a couple of coffees and we are going to be busy decorating the tree as well. So that will distract me. :D

I wont give in. WI tomorrow. :D

Morning!

14th Weigh In! Ive actually followed a diet for 14 weeks!! Yeah. Ive had slips, slips and planned days off....meals out and bingey moments...but Ive always got back on and lept going. And that is what life is all about, I think.

So I got weighed this morning...seriously hoping to see ANYTHING under 235.8 lbs like I was yesterday. And I got a very cheery little 234.6 today. I will take it. After my Thanksgiving extravaganza.....you bet I will.

And I stuck to plan perfectly yesterday. I always the find the first day after a day (or two or three!) off to be the hardest. So Ive conquered that now and onward I go. I have nothing planned food/event-wise until a week tomorrow - Dec 9th. We are going to take the girls to see Santa at the Metro Centre. We also have to finish up our xmas shopping that day and we'll have lunch. I will either try to stick to protein and veg/salad OR I will tweak the day to suit. If, the night before, I feel like having an off plan meal...I will only have a couple of boiled eggs before we go...and have my meal and then have an egg or two again when we get in. But I will most likely stick to plan as the 10th I have a cookie exchange/coffee morning thing to go to and then the 11th is another pre-xmas lunch with the other expat girls that live locally. So I really need to strike a balance between enjoying myself and still working towards getting the weight off.

Food today-

porridge
chili
spag bol
2 eggs
coffee, water

have a great day, all!

Morning!

14th Weigh In! Ive actually followed a diet for 14 weeks!! Yeah. Ive had slips, slips and planned days off....meals out and bingey moments...but Ive always got back on and lept going. And that is what life is all about, I think.

So I got weighed this morning...seriously hoping to see ANYTHING under 235.8 lbs like I was yesterday. And I got a very cheery little 234.6 today. I will take it. After my Thanksgiving extravaganza.....you bet I will.

And I stuck to plan perfectly yesterday. I always the find the first day after a day (or two or three!) off to be the hardest. So Ive conquered that now and onward I go. I have nothing planned food/event-wise until a week tomorrow - Dec 9th. We are going to take the girls to see Santa at the Metro Centre. We also have to finish up our xmas shopping that day and we'll have lunch. I will either try to stick to protein and veg/salad OR I will tweak the day to suit. If, the night before, I feel like having an off plan meal...I will only have a couple of boiled eggs before we go...and have my meal and then have an egg or two again when we get in. But I will most likely stick to plan as the 10th I have a cookie exchange/coffee morning thing to go to and then the 11th is another pre-xmas lunch with the other expat girls that live locally. So I really need to strike a balance between enjoying myself and still working towards getting the weight off.

Food today-

porridge
chili
spag bol
2 eggs
coffee, water

have a great day, all!

Happy 14th!!! Well done.
Your holiday pans sound very well thought out.
It's great that you're keeping some of your home traditions alive -- with cookie exchange, etc.

Well done on the loss xx

Morning!

Yes...its 5am. I cant sleep. For several reasons.
And yes.....its Tuesday and I was totally MIA yesterday. And yep, probably for the suspected reason. But more because i was busy and off plan. Not because i was hiding and off plan. Lol.

So, the reason(s) im struggling to sleep...

1 - Totm arrived last night. I always have sleeping issues when totm is here.
2 - Ive been naughty lately far more than Ive been good so Ive been giving myself a talking to. Dec has been harder than even I expected. But I mustnt go too far off the rails.
3 - So in that same vein Ive been trawling back a bit to remind myself of HOW to be good...WHY to be good and what it feels like to meet my goals. Also of the fact that i CAN and i HAVE...so far..every single time. So Ive gotta refocus.

I have no plans this week so I have a clear run from today all the way through til WI. I need to get back on the horse and keep going, properly. Its not long now. Im not going to weigh today. Im going to leave it as close to WI as i can. I hope TOTM is gone by then!

Food today -

Porridge
Chili
Spag bol
2 eggs
coffee,water

lotssss of water! Lol

note to self: no more enties via my mobile. Its so weird! Lol

Last edited:
Keep going, you're doing fab xx

Thanks ladies. Been 100% today. TOTM is giving me grief and messing with my mood big time but its also kinda put me off food anyway. Im in too much discomfort to be interested in eating. Bleh.

So, I found a bundle of 116 S&S on ebay. It was Buy It Now for £100 + £10 postage. I talked to the seller and she ended up doing it for £90 posted!! Im really pleased. There are some packs of Chicken curry soup and veg soup and spicy spag which I will probably swap/sell but Im really pleased with that bargain! lol

So once my Exante is gone I will do 4 packs - S&S - pretty much exclusively. For a while anyway! lol.

Back