Beelishy's VLCD Weight Loss Adventure!!

Thanks! It can be hard for me sometimes but I keep telling myself that I have CHOSEN to do this. So I need to CHOOSE not to snack/pick/cheat. Mostly that works. LOL. Sometimes, not so much. We're human! lol

Been perfect today though. Pleased. Im looking forward to getting weighed in the morning, although TOTM could be a pain and I may not show a loss at all. lol.

Morning!

Kinda crazy busy this morning so just a flying visit for now!

I was 100% on it yesterday and am back down from 236.2 yesterday to 234.6 today- yay. Hopefully a little more off tomorrow.....and the next day...until i get back to where I was at 230 on the 27th of Nov and on course. lol

Anyway. I have to dash out and run a couple of errands and pick up a few things at the shops. I hadnt realised until last night that Im running low on TOTM supplies. lol. ew. And we need bread and a few other little bits and pieces.

So Im drinking my coffee and a bit of water and then will get ready and head out. its freezing out there. Hubby just left for work and when he opened the door I felt a sharp blast of cold air - blah!

Food today :

2 x chili
1 x AC porridge
3 eggs
coffee, water

cals - 771 carbs 48

see ya later, taters!

Morning!

Thanks ladies. Been 100% today. TOTM is giving me grief and messing with my mood big time but its also kinda put me off food anyway. Im in too much discomfort to be interested in eating. Bleh.

So, I found a bundle of 116 S&S on ebay. It was Buy It Now for £100 + £10 postage. I talked to the seller and she ended up doing it for £90 posted!! Im really pleased. There are some packs of Chicken curry soup and veg soup and spicy spag which I will probably swap/sell but Im really pleased with that bargain! lol

So once my Exante is gone I will do 4 packs - S&S - pretty much exclusively. For a while anyway! lol.

Wow! What a bargain! Score!

Sorry you're feeling so bummed. Have you been treated for your monthly problems? Maybe seeing a GP.

I hope you have a better day.

Oh honey, yes. I have. And theyre downright fkn pointless. Lemme tell ya. I have a serious SERIOUS case of Love/hate for the NHS. lol. They wont give me my combi pill anymore because Im 35 and because of my BMI (this is a relatively new rule) which is the one thing that helped me cope with the pain and the heaviness and the general yuck of it all. I also have PMDD. But I get no help for that. So they randomly said one day that I couldnt have my pill and made go on the mini pill (well, that was my only option, that ..the shot or the mirena coil - all basically the same hormone just different ways to have it..pretty much). And the mini pill sooo didnt agree with me and made all my symptoms SO much worse. So i went off everything in late march or april and I wing it now. I get no help with it at all. Theyve basically said "yes, we will help. you can have the mirena coil". Except my GP (when i manage to actually see her and not "whoever is available at the time") said it wouldnt be much different than the mini pill for me and probably not worth it.

Just...give me my pill. Please? Ive been on the pill since i was 18. And certainly when I was MUCHHH heavier than I am now (like...13 stone heavier, hello). But no. haha. Whatever. It will be over in a few days. Just gotta buck up til then. lol

Im feeling a bit more cheery today. I just gotta get on with it and stop feeling sorry for myself. ffs. lol.

Right. Off I go to get my crap done, lest I stay in PJs all day watching Nick Jr with the chillrenz. hahah.

Are you through having children? Is the problem very heavy flow? If so you might be a candidate for ablation (having the uterine wall cauterized). I have friends who have had it done.

Hiya beelishy, found your diary via phoenyx. Subscribing. Dabbled with sns for only a short while and now doing my own version, low cal low carb the Atkins way. I try MFP but usually too busy with my own kids (1.5 n 3.5). Great bargain on all those packs!

Re the heavy bleeding, I know you mentioned the injection but have you ever tried it? When I went on it my periods stopped completely! Also, the implant can also reduce flow or completely stop it? Trail and error, everyone's different. Hope you get it sorted! x

Mel - Im DONE having kids. AND I have fibroids. Ive volunteered for a hysterectomy! (lol) but they wont do it until if/when the tumors get bigger. My Great Aunt, grandma, Mom and Aunt have all had hysterectomies because of problematic/large uterine fibroids. And my aunt was my age when she had hers. My mom was 43 or 44. But they wont hear of it. I just treat the NHS/GPs the same way they treat me....I fob them off and ignore them and try to get on with my life the best I can. I dont have any other options.

As for the depo shot and the coil...the hormone is the same as in the mini-pill. So it would most likely have the same or very similar effect on me as the mini-pill did. Which, I can assure you, was very very bad. lol. And once youve had the shot, you cant..sorta..take it back....it has to just work its way through over the 3 months or however long it is. And the coil... I cant be bothered. When I was on the mini-pill (which is also touted as something which stop periods in most women) mine actually became heavier and more frequent/unpredictable. I bled for three days. Then it stopped for 3 days. Then it started for 8 days. Then it stopped for 2 days. Then it started for 2 days. Then i stopped for 8 days...then it came back ....and so on. Some was light spotting. Some was heavier. They sent me for a scan at that point to check my fibroids but theyre not big enough to worry about, apparently. Anyway. Blah.

Went out and ran all my errands. Had an egg, a coffee and a few swigs of water before we left. i was really good, although very tempted to be UNgood (LOL) while we were out. And we got home, I got lunch for the girls and just made my AC porridge. Im going to start doing my pancakes again with it i think as Im not enjoying it as porridge as much lately. lol.

Regardless, been perfect again so far today. yay.

I thought about that Mel...but i think if Im gonna be pesty about something and relentless...its gonna be to get some of this insanely horrific, disgusting loose skin removed. The rashes under my apron are vile. Itchy and just bleh. Im going to make an appointment to see MY GP after the new year. Im going to talk to her about it all....the skin, the periods (still, always. my whole life. lol) and see what she says.

In other news,

My free sample S&S orange truffa bar and mint truffa bar have just arrived. I think Im gonna have that as my 3rd pack today. And i had forgotten that I had those 2 packs from The Diet Shack that the local lady gave me. Theyre carbonara and very well may be vile. The spag bol was. LOL. But I might try that for dinner tonight. I really shouldnt re-jig my packs like this. But if it keeps the munchies at bay...why not. So long as Im checking it in MFP...it should be fine. :)

I got my girls some stocking stuffers too when i was out today. LOL. its hard to take your 4 year old with you when youre trying to actually buy things FOR her. lol. Zoe obviously had no idea what was really going on (and I think she was asleep. aaaah, to be 1.5 again and wheeled around all snuggly haha). So Im very very nearly DONE buying for xmas. I think I only have foodstuffs to get. And that will obviously have to wait until nearer the time. :)Im going to work on my Xmas Card list tonight (if the girls give me enough peace/time to do so) and start writing them out this weekend. :) HO HO HO people. Its almost christmas! :O !!!

Afternoon,

I thought about that Mel...but i think if Im gonna be pesty about something and relentless...its gonna be to get some of this insanely horrific, disgusting loose skin removed. The rashes under my apron are vile. Itchy and just bleh. Im going to make an appointment to see MY GP after the new year. Im going to talk to her about it all....the skin, the periods (still, always. my whole life. lol) and see what she says.

I doubt they'll agree to refer you until you're below a BMI of 27 and have maintained for two years. Read page 17 on this link.
http://www.northoftyne.nhs.uk/about...a Item No 11 - IFR Policy Update Combined.pdf
And once referred the consultant has to sign off.

However, once you get to under a 27 keep going in for treatment for your rashes, sores, etc and maintain the loss (as well as exercise) and you should eventually get referred. Chances are you'll be Stateside before that happens -- and once you or your DH have private health insurance, then you might've able to get it done for medical reasons.

I'd push to get the ablation. There is a "balloon treatment" that is done vaginally and a lot less risky and traumatic are the surgical removal of the lining. Although, with fibroids it might not be an option.

In other news,

My free sample S&S orange truffa bar and mint truffa bar have just arrived. I think Im gonna have that as my 3rd pack today. And i had forgotten that I had those 2 packs from The Diet Shack that the local lady gave me. Theyre carbonara and very well may be vile. The spag bol was. LOL. But I might try that for dinner tonight. I really shouldnt re-jig my packs like this. But if it keeps the munchies at bay...why not. So long as Im checking it in MFP...it should be fine. :)

I got my girls some stocking stuffers too when i was out today. LOL. its hard to take your 4 year old with you when youre trying to actually buy things FOR her. lol. Zoe obviously had no idea what was really going on (and I think she was asleep. aaaah, to be 1.5 again and wheeled around all snuggly haha). So Im very very nearly DONE buying for xmas. I think I only have foodstuffs to get. And that will obviously have to wait until nearer the time. :)Im going to work on my Xmas Card list tonight (if the girls give me enough peace/time to do so) and start writing them out this weekend. :) HO HO HO people. Its almost christmas! :O !!!

I'm starving -- I don't know how you've done this for so long. But then in 2008, I did 14 weeks of 100% Lighter Life VLCD. Lost over 4 stones. Now, I'm 3 up from my lightest and 2.5 from goal and 2 from "I won't want to lock myself in a cellar".

Thats kinda why I try to go easy on myself. Ive done this for going on 15 weeks and I have a long way to go. I have blips and stumbles here and there but i always push myself to come back to it and start again. Lol. Im hoping to be a bit closer to 230 again tomorrow morning. WI on Sunday.....

100% again today. And I bought a box of atkins endulge bars on amazon while theyre still on offer. After trying the orange truffa bar i realized i miss bars! Lol. They are sooobnice to haveve in the evening witha cuppa. The ones i bought are 14g carbs. Works for me! Lol and theyre so good ;)

Morning!

Today is Thursday which means I still have 3 days until WI. I was 100% yesterday and Tuesday. YAY! Weighed today - 232.6 - HUZZUH. Its coming off nicely. Im already at a 2lb loss from last week's WI of 234. So Im pleased. I will stick to my 100%-ness for the rest of the week and hope to see my beloved 230lbs again...or dare I dream of a 220-something by Sunday? *swoon* HAHAHA.

/end dramatics

So. Yes. Today - 100% day again. feeling back in my happy-to-be-dieting-and-losing-weight-nothing-can-stop-me-now zone. (Until Sunday when Im going to be trying out a few more recipes for the flamin cookie exchange on Tuesday. LOL :p But i shall deal with that when it comes. For now, 100%! WI on Sunday...so EYES ON THE PRIZE.

Ive kinda gone off porridge as porridge so Im going to start using it to make Lou's pancakes again. Lou Lou! Where are youuuuu? I miss you terribly *sniff* - Oi. DramaQueen, hello. haha. So pancakes instead of porridge. My parcel still hasnt be marked as dispatched on ebay yet. A lil bit nervous that she wont send it or I wont get it for some reason. I dunno why. Just a gut feeling thing. Maybe because she was pretty clueless, bless her, and said she hadnt ever sold anything before. lol. I dunno.

So food today -

AC porridge pancakes
Porridge pancakes
Chili
2 eggs
coffee, water

:D

I love porridge pancakes but only have two porridge packs left so trying to hold off until I really really WANT one!! Lol.

Well done on the scales!!
It's nice when they go in your favour! ;)

Hope you bought a lottery ticket!! Ha ha xx

Morning K,

If she's Clueless -- she probably just doesn't know how to indicate its been posted. Give it a couple of days them message her.

Yeah. Thats what Im hoping. LOL.

Right. Had a cup of coffee, an egg and half of my water so far today. Im going to have a coffee now and my other egg. Then my first lot of pancakes with another coffee at lunch time. It was such a horrible morning, weather-wise...Im surprised I put it off this long...so a bit longer wont hurt. Ha!

Yeah. Thats what Im hoping. LOL.

Right. Had a cup of coffee, an egg and half of my water so far today. Im going to have a coffee now and my other egg. Then my first lot of pancakes with another coffee at lunch time. It was such a horrible morning, weather-wise...Im surprised I put it off this long...so a bit longer wont hurt. Ha!

Wow that's a lot of water -- well done.

Back