Beelishy's VLCD Weight Loss Adventure!!

If i were closer hun i would offer to babysit - as i teach teenagers its pretty much all i do anyways hehe!

Youre doing well on s&S!!! I started it again today. I have slightly more calories in the form of lean protein than you do (or is recommended) but now my kick boxing instructor has a new gym i will be exercising a lot and I dont want to flake out! hehe

I just hope that i can do as well as you have been!!

When are you moving back to Vegas? I am going there next summer i think - first of all to trek the grand canyon and around there and then to paaaaaaaarty! hehe

Hope your afternoon is as productive as your morning has been!

Kate x

Nope, no car. Sometimes I wish we did. But mostly, I really love being self-reliant and having to plan and organize things to get sh!t done. After living here for so many years I despair when I go home to the states and people drive to the mini-mart like a mile away. hahah :p

Oh and did I tell you guys about the shredder amazon sent me?

I got it on Saturday and I opened the box and immediately I could tell that it was used. !!!! I looked at the blades and yep...tons of paper in them. So I called them and told them and they send one straight out (just arrived and is unused. yay) and arranged for me to return it "we'll send you an email..." blah blah. Well the email came and instructed me to take the shredder to a collect+ location. Uhm. Nope! That!! i-dont-have-a-car thing comes into play here. The closest one is a mile away...and pushing the buggy with Zoe and holding Tabby's hand..and lugging the huge (heavyish) box.....not gonna happen. So that was another thing I did today. I rang them up and said "nope!...courier" ahhaha. DPD is gonna collect that later this week too.

I serrrriously need a nap.

And a babysitter.

And to not eat anymore crispy cakes. I feel a bit sick now. Bleurgh. lol

Yes Kate :) Thats the plan. This year! If you do come out next year, we can meet up! :D We arent really talking about it on fb etc....or telling anyone for now. But thats the plan. I need heat! lol.

I have been thinking about working out again and just throwing an extra pack on or a few more eggs on those days. Im going to let things settle this week and then decide next week :) xx Good luck !

Afternoon K,

I saw the kitchen on FB -- great job there. Too cute. My kids loved their play kitchens.

Afternoon! Im having a love/hate thing going on with all this "so busy that I cant see straight" stuff lately. lol.

I didnt weigh this morning because I jumped in the shower before hubby set off for work.

Ive also done a whole host of other things so far today. Bathed the eldest peanut, put her ikea circus tent together, tidied the living room (at least twice so far) done 2 loads of laundry, but all the clean laundry away. done all the dishes and kept up with it. listed a BUNCH (seriously....like 17!) of dvd boxsets on ebay. got the used shredder ready to be picked up by DPD to go back to amazon today. I have quite a few more things to do before hubby gets home. Then after dinner I want to give Zoe a bath (i got her some dentinox for her cradle cap. i hope it works. ew) and start going through the stuff to be shredded. I might not do that tonight though....hubby is feeling a bit overwhlemed I think. He is the world's worst for procrastinating. :( And Im just a "get it done'er" Once ive decided to do something...i go for it and get it finished as quick and painlessly as possible. I hate to have anything hanging over my head. lol. So since he did a super-huge ton of stuff this weekend...and today was his first day back at work for the week...I might let him off the hook. But tomorrow for sure. lol. I also want to go in and try to organize and clean the playroom as much as possible.

Whew. Tired!

Super progress on all that work. I need some oil for my shredder. You run it through the blades every time you empty the bin. It helps keep it lubricated and reduces wear.

Morning!

I know you mentioned it before but i need to know more about these pancakes! I do not like the porridge at all... (not so much as the chilli though - which i couldn't even swallow for some reason) aaaaaaaaaaaaanyways i have 5 or 6 packs of porridge and it seems like such a waste to not use it!

would be nice if i could put caster sugar on them though like on pancake day... hehehe

The pancakes are really simple and really changed the diet for me from something so so difficult that I felt staying on it long term wouldnt be possible, to something that I know I can do quite easily most of the time. I can never thank Lou enough for sharing this with me. lol seriously.

So....I use Exante porridge and those packs are a bit bigger (its a 3 packs a day plan) and I think thicker consistency...so the amount of water I use will be WAY more than you will need. Unfortunately, I dont have a specific measurement for water on the S&S packs. This is what you do...

take a porridge or oatmeal pack and mix it with the WHITE of one egg (this minimizes the calories a LOT and also, I find it tastes a bit like sweet scrambled egg when i use the whole egg but thats probably just me. so i only use the white and chuck the yolk out). Then I add 50ml of cold water to MY packs. Obviously, as i said it will be WAY WAY less for yours. I would add a teeeeeny tiny bit at a time. Youre looking to make a thick batter consistency. If its too thin, it will stick to the pan and wont work. Then you pour it into a hot, non-stick pan. Dry fry on each side for a minute or so until theyre browned on each side and thats it. Seriously. The whole process takes me less than 5 mins now that Ive been doing it for so long. lol. And its really filling and feels like PROPER food. I just had mine for the morning and it was weird....I was sitting here with my pancakes and my cup of coffee and it felt so familiar. Like its what Im supposed to be doing and i felt relieved, in a way. HA. This diet is getting to my head! lol. Its good though.

anyway. So Porridge pack, egg white, a tiny bit of water, make a batter, dry fry in hot pan....boom. Done. :D

Your pancakes ( or a pancake as I make one big one ) have been my life saver. I only make them on my days off or a treat though as I find them really filling.
I must admit I use a whole egg. Must try it with just an egg white.

M x

I'm the same as slim and happy, they're really nice and filling. I really look forward to them in the morning! I use 30ml/2 tbsp water and I find it comes out right consistency. I also add half a tsp cinnamon and it tastes divine. I use fry light in my non stick pan as a 'treat'.

Thanks again for sharing your recipe.

Forget you not losing today, maybe tomorrow, thats the cross us daily weighers have to bear. Nice that you are starting to have the 'click' feeling when eating on this plan, make it all the more easier to stick to! Hope you're having a lovely day x

Hi Cornish!

I add cinnamon to my plain porridge packs (and sometimes ground cloves as well. but just a tiiiny bit. lovely!) but I usually have the Exante apple and cinnamon ones which already have it in. I love cinnamon. :D haha

M, the whole egg probably wont really make a big difference.....I just prefer the taste. lol

Im totally ok with not having lost today. I mean...it wouldve been nice but I can only control what I can control. As long as i stick to it, I know it will come off. :D

So, after 4 years (Tabby is 4 years old now..) hubby and I have finally got a babysitter. We've been out twice on our own before, but it wasnt for very long as we felt rushed to get back. We once we went out for an hour and the second time for a whole hour and a half! lol. We really need "us" time. So my friend is going to come over Monday at 4 with her 3 year old daughter and watch my girls for me. We are going to have a meal and not RUSH. Its at a realllly nice, cozy pub that has a massive roaring fire in this gorgeous old brick and stone surround. And the food there is fresh and handmade....lovely. Only thing is their menu changes regularly so you never know what your choices will be til you get there and its very..erm..short. There arent a whole lot of things to choose from. And the veggie option is usually pasta. lol. I will do what I can and make the best choices I can but Im going to just ENJOY time out with my hubby. lol. Really looking forward to it. :)

Ok. So last night, after I had been 100% yesterday...I went to bed and within about 30 mins I started to feel really unwell. Reminiscent of the funny turn I had back when i did S&S the first time (for those of you who remember that). It wasnt just getting into ketosis kinda symptoms. Much more severe than that.

I called hubby in and he was incredibly worried. He said I was white as a sheet, sweating and trembling (I hadnt noticed). I didnt (and still dont) know what the issue was but hubby suggested I eat something and drink some water. I didnt want to go off plan totally so i agreed and had a bar. Within about 30 mins, I was feeling a bit better and managed to go back to bed and get to sleep. This morning, I woke with a headache but no other symptoms that anything was wrong.

About an hour ago...it started again. Shaky, heart is racing, head is killing, nearly dizzy...like I could start spinning at any minute, light-headed...like I may very well pass out. I dont understand it and although Im less scared than I was the very first time this happened...Im still pretty scared. Im trying to stay still...just sitting here on the sofa. Zoe is asleep and Tabby is playing happily. trying to breathe through it and sip water.

I dont know what is going on. Im really scared that my body isnt coping with my getting back on this diet for some reason. I dont know if thats what it is or why...but seems like it. If that's the case Im going to be incredibly pissed off. I am wanting and willing to do this. Im closer to goal than Ive been in YEARS. I cannot stop dieting full stop. I wont. But i really want to do THIS diet. starting to panic a little.

ugh.

Hey hun hope u feel better soon. Only suggestion i have is low sugar levels, im diabetic and when my sugars are low or when my body is hungry i get similar signs, not saying ur diabetic lol but im saying ur probly hungry. Having the extra bar wont harm ur diet plan

Feel better soon xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Sounds to me like your blood sugar is dropping dramatically causing you to start feeling light headed. The fact that you felt better after having a bar kinda confirms that. I'm not a doctor and this might be totally wrong but this is exactly what happens to my diabetic mum when her sugar drops.
Better go get that checked Hun and while you do that I'd up your carbs/ sugars slightly if I was you.
Hugs.

M x

Back