Beelishy's VLCD Weight Loss Adventure!!

Some travel agents employ people to do all their booking etc over the phone. So people find a holiday they like the look of on something like ice lolly then they call a number and get directed to an agent... It happened to me a few years ago and I asked the lady about it. She worked from home for a few hours a day. I didn't ask how much it paid or how to get into it though sorry.... But there are companies who do out source certain bits of clerical work too... You just have to have alone line and the internet

My kids are so little that theyre too noisy for that...and the flat really is so small that there is nowhere to "get away" from them. LOL. Ive thought about that before. Plus...Im not looking for a "job" because we couldnt afford to take the hit to our working tax credits. That's partly why I didnt go back to work after I had Tabby anyway...we worked it out and after paying for a childminder I was going to bring home a whopping £30 a week. ridiculous, really - I was a civil servant! :/ So we are actually better off by me NOT going back to work AND I get to raise my kids til school age, which is something I always dreamed of before we had kids. But I would love to add a bit to our savings here and there or free up a bit of cash so we arent stuck in all the time. 9 weekends out of 10 we are stuck at home. Boo. lol

Hi K,

The problem is what you can do without affecting your credits.

Under the table things:

Dog walking? You could walk people's dogs (elderly, full time workers). My friend CFF used to provide dog day care and sometimes "boarded" a dog. She charged £8 to 10 a day to watch your dog - two walks, lots of attention, medication administered, etc. Overnight she charged £12 to 15. But the dog was with her family in her house -- not in a concrete cage. She only kept one dog at a time -- but she made about £250 or more per month.

I think taking in ironing or doing housecleaning requires the least investment and people are always willing to pay or those services.

Three mothers from my daughter's primary school set up their own gardening service. I hired them one time to do a big weed sort out. Two ladies -- three hours -- £60 - every bed (and there are loads) were weed free. (I have asthma and wasn't up to it.)

There is a military wife who will come to your house and valet your car - inside and out. She charges £50.

A lot of people do things like make and sell jewelry, crafts, baked goods, etc. I had a friend who very successfully did mending, made curtains, slipcovers, etc.

I worked with a maths teacher who did painting on weekends and in the summer.

I have a friend who refurbishes furniture.

I have a friend who has been paid to scrapbook people's baby books, wedding albums, anniversary photos, etc.

I have a friend who makes mobiles and sells them.

I knew a military wife who gave private swim lesson, another who taught voice, another who taught violin, racquetball, tennis, etc.

I knew a military wife who was qualified to do medical coding and did it from here in the UK for the doctor she worked for in the US before her husband was transferred. I think she paid U.S. taxes on her income and the doctor paid for her computer equipment and Internet.

I have a friend who qualified as a masseuse, bought a table and did appointments during the day whilst her kids were in school and two nights a week when her mom could sit.

You could do a manicure qualification, then invest in the gel nails UV light and provide a home service. The same goes for learning to do threading, facials, etc.

My new neighbor teaches piano from her house, as does my daughter's tutor.

I've been offered money many times to do hemming, alterations, make costumes, make piñatas, decorate cakes, prepare scrapbooks, provide childcare, tutor (French, German, English, History, etc.), teach skiing, swimming, do word processing, edit, etc. It's amazing what skills you could provide to others.

I'd like to do people's Christmas shopping and gift wrapping.

As a military brat -- I'm a highly skilled mover... I think I could provide packing service to people who are moving themselves.

Morning

As I expected - 235.0 - I was 234.6 yesterday so not a huge gain and absolutely its pre-TOTM water retention or somesuch. Not worried about it. Annoyed but whatever! hahaha

Food today -

pancakes
spag bol
bar
chili

coffee, water

Have a good day all x

Last edited:
Haha. Gosh, ive just realized I really have no talents! And I have very little free time (i.e. time sans kids). Lol

The dog walking, errand running, envelope stuffing, paper/flier/catalog delivery might be doable with your little ones.

Those manicure courses can be done in a day -- I think.

Had my pancakes and nothing else so far. Im trying for a day with no eggs and no veg. So far Im fine. :) Ive got my chilli soaking ( I hate when the beans are crunchy. bleh lol) in boiling water from the kettle and its been a very chillax kinda day.

I would love to stuff envelopes or do some kind of simple admin stuff (not as an official employee so as not to screw up my credits) or...data entry. Tedious is fun. I remember once in High School I was a TA for the Spanish teacher and she gave me a bunch of papers to grade and the answer key. It was actually loads of fun. I love tedious stuff like that. I dunno why. but I cant seem to find any legitimate jobs doing that. Just the scammy "send £2" "send "£5" etc etc ...to register. Load of crap. lol I cant haul the kids around in the rain walking people's dogs or doing fliers etc. And the local colleges/university night courses don't seem to have any level one manicure courses. probably did in sept. lol. oh well. Bleh.

I'm hungry too..!! I thought I might crack earlier I was ready to drive to get a hot chicken but had some eggs and felt better. Parents and kids about to have pizza and chips while I have oatmeal :(

Will be worth it in the end

Naughty hubby!! Smacks for him :)

I sat at the table while everyone had pizza and chips and I had my oatmeal and half a pork chop I want to throw my oatmeals onto the fire!!! Going to go back to pancakes tomorrow as haven't had any since restart which is mental

powering through...

Eggs is fine honey they're super protein goodness :)

I know!! Hubby had pizza and Tabby had chips and pb&j sandwich. *sniff*.

I was actually perfectly happy with my spag bol. Its so good. I just wouldve like about 4 packs worth. HA!

Im going to be SO pleased with myself come tomorrow morning though....regardless of the WI results. Just knowing that I resisted everything.

I still have a bit of my 4th pack ....a bar (i ate some to bridge the gap between lunch and dinner! lol)...left and will have that with a cup of coffee around 7pm. Bed at 8pm. Im sorted! lol

I know!! Hubby had pizza and Tabby had chips and pb&j sandwich. *sniff*. I was actually perfectly happy with my spag bol. Its so good. I just wouldve like about 4 packs worth. HA! Im going to be SO pleased with myself come tomorrow morning though....regardless of the WI results. Just knowing that I resisted everything. I still have a bit of my 4th pack ....a bar (i ate some to bridge the gap between lunch and dinner! lol)...left and will have that with a cup of coffee around 7pm. Bed at 8pm. Im sorted! lol

Hey hun wud u b able to gimi sum tips as to hw to mke the spag bol tastier? Its tad bit bland? I thrt it wud b mre like the chilli n the spicy spag...gta few packs so wna b creative with them :) thnku hun...iv still gt three left to have waitin for cuzzy to go hme so then i cna eat lol x

Pripri....I just add a bit salt, really. I dunno why but I just really enjoy it. Sometimes I add a teaspoon of balsamic vinegar but Im very weird and Im not sure about the rules re: balsamic. I read, i think it was in the official S&S group on fb, that it could knock you out of ketosis so not allowed. So probably best not to. But if you like spicy heat, you could add some hot sauce and a little salt...or black pepper (i dont really like black pepper so i always use hot sauce for stuff lol).

I just actually really love it. I let it soak in boiling water to soften the pasta for at least 5 mins...usually more like 10-15. then i microwave it for 1.30 and then 1.20 and check it. i like to leave a bit wet but not soupy.

Oh and I add 160mls of water... xx hope that helps x

Hi PerfectShape, welcome and thanks! Are you on S&S, too? x

Morning! Sunday the 19th, which means.....WI day!

234.2 :) Its fine. Im happy with that. Would have liked another lb or two off this week---sure. But TOTM is due just over a week for now and I KNOW what Im like for gaining. Plus...3lbs in a week? thats really good. I just have this tiny little feeling that Im kinda treading water until I get back into the 220s. But still...I really enjoyed christmas...and now Im back to it and Im going in the right direction!

I struggled yesterday with being ravenous. lol. Like...ARGH. So Im not sure whether to try 5 packs and nothing else today or to try to stick it out with 4 packs. I think i will aim for the 4 packs but allow myself a couple of eggs like yesterday.

Off to make coffee and get my water going. Shopping is coming in a few hours and then I have to head out into town to hunt down a lidded cup with a straw for Zoe that WONT SPILL when left on its side. HOW HARD IS THIS? We've been through 3 cups so far. *sigh* lol Im trying to switch her onto a cup full time (except for bed...she loves her bedtime bottle of milk) and it is impossible when the cups are so crap. lol. One of them was £5, too! Hmphf!!

Anyway.... food today, same as yesterday -

pancakes (although i might have it as porridge...not sure yet)
chili
spag bol
bar
2 eggs (maybe)

coffee, water

Hiya, sorry you had a hungry day yesterday. How come you don't have your allowed 200g veg? I think I read some hwere that fibre helps us feel more full.

As for non spill staw cups, I must have spent a fortune trying to find one, I agree, grr. They ALL leak. Except this one, Karrimor Tritan Water Bottle 350ml - Karrimor. It's really for adults but I found because it's only 330ml it's a good size for them (my son uses it and he'll be 2 in April). Also, if your DS is still tipping it up like a bottle to drink, you can take the inner tube out so doesn't confuse them when drinking from cup/bottle.

I also use an alumium camping bottle with a sports top which he's taken to and doesn't do too much damage with. Doesn't leak either. Again probably designed for older children, but because only 250ml, quite a small size, perfect for him. (Aluminium Water Bottle (China Trading Company) - Travel,Outdoor & Camping - Sport Products Products - DIYTrade China manufacturers suppliers - the ones with the domed tops are these).

Good luck with hunger today and have a good day x

Back