Beelishy's VLCD Weight Loss Adventure!!

They are SO EXPENSIVE. haha. I had the cookie dough one and the dark choc/almond/coconut one (i bought them from low carb megastore online) and they were both rather delish. but good grief....so much wind last night. i burped and burped...really. lol. and! my problem with not being able to really go to the loo has officially been downgraded to "not a problem at all and in fact i now have the opposite problem" (ew sorry...tmi! haha) -- not sure if its just my body doing a natural cleanout...the water ive had (ive already had 2L) or the bars/crap i ate yesterday. But whatever it is...bleurgh! lol.

On a much less gross and happier note - tomorrow is our anniversary (not wedding...of getting together! 11 years! lol) and i was thinking about making lamb kleftiko for the hubby as he loved it SO SO SO much when i made it for his birthday in January. But Fenwick has just rang and said that our replacement raincover is in. So thinking now we could go collect it and was thinking we could have lunch at nandos. but...im kinda feeling like NO - dont spend the money AND dont eat off plan...even if it is just chicken and salad.

Go me!

So..ive just had my chili pack with a slice of light cheese mixed in and a "fried" (frylight-ed. haha) egg on top. I know..it sounds vile Im sure. But it is so good and incredibly filling. Delish and Im stuffed. Honestly? What more could you want, right? lol x

So ...I have pancakes for my snack in a few hours and since I prefer them cold from the fridge...im gonna go whip them up now since I have to do the dishes up anyway. Today has been so brilliant. I feel amazing (despite the utterly sh!t weather we are having!). Ive felt so crap for so long now....that it is very welcome, indeed.

Brilliant to see the new low and keep on track so you can consolidate it by Wednesday. Don't be disheartened if the scale gods don't play ball in the days in between - the trend is downwards.

I think it's the maltitol in Atkins bars that upsets your stomach. Also read that it has a high glycaemic index so might be what gave rise to the blip. So let it go it's just chemistry not weakness. And like you say - why dwell when you have crashed the 215 barrier - coke zero in champagne glasses all round. :party0027:

And I think you are doing the right thing avoiding lunch. Just too much temptation. I don't even trust myself to go for a walk when I'm trying to be 100% as I could so easily talk myself into a bit of protein which becomes a bit more by tea time.

Yes. Ive never had a problem with maltitol before but I also thought about it last night and Im pretty sure thats what did it. My body has obviously changed...a lot. So I wont bother with the rest of them. And luckily, I did also buy 3 of the Exante Hot Cross Bun bars. I will save those for London as I know for certain they are fine. And so good. Hilariously, I hate hot cross buns. but these are really nice! More like a cinnamon roll, to me. So these will go with me to london, whenever that is.

Anyhoo. Ive pretty much resigned myself to the fact that I very well may see a bit of the loss come back on over the next day or two. No matter though...as you say..its a downward trend. Im not gonna release my deathgrip on this. No chance. LOL. Ive finally cracked the sticking point ive been at for several weeks. Im fully intending to plow on. 210 is up next. Woohoo! lol

Day 6

Morning!

214.4 today. So up a fraction. like...not even worth mentioning. .2 of a lb. ...thats nothing. im fine with that. im very very pleased actually. i was expecting 1lb or so.

So....penny sale, you say?! woohoo! Im going to check it out! I may try the double choc one again. Ive had one when they first came out (i got a free sample) but i dont remember what i thought of it. i think it was good. i remember the red berry one i didnt like. and i remember that theyre really that sorta...stodgy, chewy texture. which i quite like (with a coffee) but i know lots of ppl dont like.

so. today ive had 2 egg and cheese omelette. and i made one pancake pack into one huuuge pancake. and i cut of a slice...about 1/3 of it. it really seems much bigger when you do it this way. lol. and as its our anniversary (of getting together, not wedding) it feels like ive got a cake in the fridge :p haha

waiting for the asda shop and then going to go pick up the raincover.

Ok. Off topic...

I need some advice! Ive bitten my nails for as long as i can remember and im trying to stop but theyre paper thin and just get snagged on something and peel right off. ugh. what can i do/get/put on them to make them stronger? i dont want them long..i would keep them trimmed...but can you tell me how to get them stronger and then how to keep them healthy?! anyone? lol

I have some green cream from boots, it's lasted me years!! You rub it into the cuticle and skin below the nail and it makes them very strong and the grow very fast. You might need calcium too? I read somewhere that a VCLD can cause hair loss so maybe it makes nails thin too?

Awesome news on breaking the 215barrier!! I'm going back on the low carb low calorie route! I have to do something!!!

Thanks ladies, and nice to see ya back Kate :)

Well.. I spent the last 3hrs in the kitchen sitting on the floor watching the washing machine.*sigh* it decided to spew out suds (and some water) from the detergent drawer and semi-flood the floor. So our plans to go into town and collect the new rain cover went out the window. argh. lol. Oh well. We just get to go tomorrow instead.

Ive got the kleftiko in the slow cooker and it smells nice. I guess. If you like that sorta thing. lol. Meh. So I went out to get some salad fixings for me. I got some lettuce, quorn chkn pieces, peppers, an onion and some hellmanns caesar dressing. Its virtually carb free and i wont use much of that at all. I was gonna get soured cream instead, but forgot. lol. Im having fajita quorn on salad (well..on a bed of lettuce) as my treat to myself as its out anniversary. :D I got hubby a smallish french stick and i honestly have no desire for it. THIS IS SO WEIRD for me. lol. I LOVE bread like that, with butter (and salt...i know i know). But today...meh. Not bovvered. :D

Anyway. Food for today is 1.75 pancake packs (the girls thieved some, which is fine) and a 2 egg omelette with a cheese slice. And my salad. Thats it. And Im fine with it. Its already almost 1:30 and Zoe hasnt had a nap so i think she and i will go in a snooze in a bit. And then when i get up i will get dinner going.

Cals 829/ carbs 54 because i am teh awesome. (hahahah). I love saying that. Because its such crap. :p Im tenacious. Thats what I am.

Right. Off to finish this 2L of water (1 pint to go!) and I really have to get the other 2L down me but..bleurgh. lol

Oh...jeans on to go to the shop this morning. Straight to the 4th hole in my belt. *is a happy bunny*

Also former nail biter and still nibble if stressed.
And they are really weak and flaky

Have something greasy to rub in cuticle while you are watching telly. I use my lip balm which is always handy but Vaseline or hand cream works too.

Keep a nail file handy and keep the edges smooth and keep them short till they get stronger.

The clear nail strengtheners stop water drying out your nails. Just add more each day then remove after about 4-5 days. Sally Hansen Hard as Nails is good and a Revlon one called Grow 10 I think.

Best thing for me is keeping them painted but I'm childless and try not to do too much housework!!

Ok. Lame question. How do you paint your nails. Meaning...base coat? Top coat? I paint mine and they chip within 24hrs.

I will get some sally hansen stuff. Was thinking about that anyway. File them? How often? I want to start taking better care of them but have no idea...as you can tell. Lol :)

Back