Beelishy's VLCD Weight Loss Adventure!!

I do a base coat - think that's a Revlon one but think the base is less important just makes everything nice and smooth. Top coat I use Seche Vite. It kind of sets the whole thing by bonding it all together. You need to be careful how you use it as it goes on nails that are not completely dry and don't faff with it too much or it blobs but there are loads of tips online - a whole lost world of YouTube tutorials!!! It does make them shiny and it does last and mine grow much better when I'm doing it all the time. And I do do some chores!! Best colours are Barry M at Superdrug or Boots and cheap too. Posher colours I like Orly, OPI and Essie - this is quite a good site for range and price http://www.beverlybeaute.com/shop/goods/goods_list.php?&category=004001

I could get quite obsessive about nails but it keeps me out of trouble as it's hard to rip open packets with wet nails. :)

Day 7

Morning!

Back to 214.2 - lol. boo. But! I avoided a big upwards adjustment. You know, when you have a whoosh and then the next day or the day after that, your body goes WHOA and you weight a bit heavier again? Yeah that. Upwards adjustment (for lack of a better term!). lol. So yay. Hopefully tomorrow the downward adjustments will continue ;) haha

So I only managed 2L of water yesterday. Boo. I MUST get my water in today. MUST MUST. It makes a very big difference with me. And we are going into town today as we didnt get to yesterday (have told hubby NOT TO PUT A LOAD ON TO WASH lol) - Im getting the raincover and gonna look for some jazzy yarn and possibly pop into primark for something for the girls. Then home. Ive made my pancake and had half of it. Well...am having half of it with a coffee now. Another pancake for lunch/afternoon snack and then chili for dinner. :)

Have a great day all.

Get your water down you and then you'll get those scales moving again in no time.

Have a great day

its not terribly warm - high for today getting up to about 15 but its not quite there yet.... but it is sunny and blue skies! yay!

we are off out in a bit. this is when i struggle to drink my water, mainly. When we are busy. i just forget. I will try to get a 1L bottle and get that down me. Ive had 2 pints so far this morning.

off we go :)

Day 8

Morning!

I didnt get weighed today. I was so busy taking out the rubbish, doing up the dishes from last night, putting on a load of laundry, getting everyone breakfast - etc - that I forgot and had a cup of coffee before I remembered. Kinda glad that I was not-obsessing-about-it so much so that I actually didnt think to get weighed. Thats not terribly common with me. I think its healthy. lol

Anyway.....All that stuff is going done and Ive got the clean washing to fold and put away. I need to go through my drawers and clean out stuff that does fit (mainly jeans). And also, the food cupboard. It could do with a good clear-out, tidy and organizing.

Ive asked hubby to check how much a manicure is for me. Our local Wilkinsons is so big that its got a few units inside it - ones a cobblers, ones a barbers, ones a dry cleaning/clothes alterations and ones a little nail salon run by oriental chicks. i was gonna get acrylics put on but its so expensive :/ £20 to start and then £15 for an infill - which isnt abnormally expensive and is pretty much the cheapest ive seen but i just dont really have the £15 to pay ever 2 weeks or so. So Im gonna try just getting a manicure every other week. depending on the price of that, of course.

Like I told Lou last night, I had set out the 5 remaining bars (to get them ready to post - otherwise, out of sight - out of mind!!) and left them on the dining table. I went in to wash up the dishes and start dinner and hubby was in the shower. I came back in and they were running about, chocolately faced. I hadnt given them any chocolate. Immediately my heart sank. lol. There were crumbs of bars all over the floor, chocolate on their faces and hands (and a few of their toys) but it seems they didnt actually eat much of it at all (probably gross to them!) and the bars just melted quite easily in their grubby little hands. lol. So, slight relief. But still, THIEVING KIDS!! haha. I shouldve known better. I mean....theyre like vultures when it comes to my pancakes!

So boo. But theyre cute and no harm was done. And mainly, it was my own fault. lol.

Hmm, what else. Still waiting for hubby's visa interview appointment to come in the post.

And thats it! lol

Oh, I was thinking about having no sugar added squash again. I really dont think citric acid makes a blind bit of difference to my losses....

Food today:

2x pancakes
1x chili, 1x cheese with 2x "fried" eggs on top *drool* haha

cals 746/ carbs 54

My hunger seems pretty much under control (read as: gone) atm. I dunno if thats just because its early still (its only just 10 to 9am) or what, but for now...not bothered. I love this feeling. lol.

have a great day all. its grey, cold and raining up here in the NE. (im so over this fkn weatherrrrrr omg).

xxx

How short are your nails? Acrylics really ruin the nail so once you take them off your nails are all flimsy. But shellac polish strengthens the nail as they grow, I got it at Christmas and it lasted three Weeks without even one chip! When she took it off my nails were in such good condition it was unbelievable!!

I would definitely recommend shellac polish, it's about the same cost as fake nails but it's actually good for your nails and you won't be able to nibble it off! Then after three Weeks get it changed, and after another three Weeks you should have 'normal' nails :)

I can't speak highly enough of it, I wish it wasn't so expensive I'd always have it...for purposes of growing nails I think it's well worth it

Ooh. I was wondering about that. Ive heard of it but had no idea what it was. Here are my shameful nails. Both my thumb nails just peeled a couple of days ago. So short...it was sore :/ 20140527_111238.jpg

A (paper thin, chipped polish-y) hot mess, arent they? *sigh*

Ive had some of my first pancake but been so busy around the flat that I havent finished it. ive taken to making one huge one and puttinig on a plate in the fridge and then just cutting a slice. Like a cake :p haha Ive got about 1/5 left in the fridge.

Oh! Omg. I bought a pair of sleep pants at Walmart last time I was back home (so, a year ago! omg we flew home exactly a year ago, tomorrow) and when i get them home, they were too small. They said 3X but apparently were a "youth 3X" (dont even get me started. WHY do "youth" clothes go up to a 3X? *sigh*) and they didnt fit. They fit now. I have no idea what size they REALLY are. But I do know that they did fit me when i bought them. And still didnt fit me about a month ago. And today, i put them on while i was clearing out my drawers and they fit (im wearing them now lol) theyre short (hence youth size, i guess...and Im tall) but they fit. :D

So. yeah. Its pretty pathetic. ALL of my clothes (and sleepwear) fits into one drawer :/ its a large-ish drawer, but still. pretty pathetic. lol. I mean..good because all the other bigger stuff doesnt fit...but...yeah. i really need a new wardrobe. lol. I have 1 denim skirt, 2 pairs of jeans, 1 pair of crop pull on jean things (which are too big but elastic waist so i can still wing it for a while longer and will do me for another few weeks) and the rest is pretty much tshirts. i have a few tops that arent tshirts but only a few. i have ONE jumper. and ONE longer (about 3/4 length) sleeved top. Sparse doesnt even come close. lol.

Anyway. Off to work on hubbys other father's day present. Remember the bead melting? yeah. I melted a bunch of beads in shapes and im making a home decoration/suncatcher THING. Which reminds me, I need to order a sharpie. lol

How is everyone doing?

have your packs come, Lou?

They're not that bad, I've seen worse! There's certainly enough nail to put polish on :) I would 100% say shellac if the aim is to grow strong nails as once you take fake nails off you're left with soft peeling nails and back where you started :)

Xxl youth woo! You're a youth size!!! That's awesome!! My clothing collection is equally pathetic and most of what I do own are my mums hand me downs haha i'm so fashionable!!

Don't know if my packs have arrived while i'm at work, I hope they have, I've asked Joe to hide them in his wardrobe lol so I don't have to answer questions about how I paid for them ;) good old Joe he's my little superstar

They are a good starting point. That's what mine are like before I have a phase of attention lavishing. I might invest in the gel for fingers and toes before I go away. Been close to booking it but baulked at the price too many times plus I get really bored of the same colour so I'd have to pick a good one!

Well done on the clothes too. I've reached a stage where lots of my stuff from the first time fits. That was OK when I lived alone and had all my wardrobe space to myself but it's a bit squeezed in now. Still it's great to get up and choose stuff. Need a few more summery bits but I'm on eBay - got a great skirt from Topshop for £3.50 and didn't have to risk going in the shop and setting off the 'too old and too chubby' alarm.

Ive had acrylics before and my nails were never any worse after taking them off. thats how bad my nail are naturally! haha. Im not sure what im gonna do, yet. But I want to do something before they all peel down and/or i bite them, mindlessly, again.

had dinner...chili cheese with 2 eggs on top.

so food today was exactly as i said

2x pancake
1x chili/1x cheese
2 eggs

Yay!

Im starving now though. LOL. The evenings are the hardest for me. I have 1 pot of jelly left. i may go and have that. and a can of coke zero. Im tempted to have 1/3 of a bar. but i shall not. because once ive opened it...i will eat the whole thing. and that would send me to 948 cals and 74 carbs. and thats NO BUENO because tomorrow is my first WI. So i will have a coffee and my jelly and a can of coke zero later. Its 6:47 - the girls will be going to bed in about an hour. Then once theyre asleep hubby and I will resume our Breaking Bad marathon. lol. :D Thats good because it keeps my mind off food!

Ive been so good. Im really proud of me. Ive been so so so tempted "Oh....just a bit of one bar. Its not a big deal." But Ive resisted. And had my jelly instead. And a cuppa. And now its time to take the kiddos to bed. And then...TV in bed. My fave. lol. :)

WI tomorrow. Im kinda scared. I feel bloated this evening and worried that maybe my body has decided its mad at me at my weight has shot up. Since i didnt weigh today...ive no idea. *scared* lol. Ive been good...but that means NOTHING with my body!

Oh well...we shall find out in the morning. :) Night all xx

Day 9

Morning

WI results - 214.2 - so...I seem stuck at exactly the same place. But its ok, I guess. Its 3lbs off for the week. Any normal week and I would be beyond thrilled. But this week, i kinda hoped for more as ive been stuck for so so long. But. Its fine. Its just more motivation to see a 210 next week!!

So, I managed last night without my bar. HOOORAY! And plan went perfectly until Tabby refused to sleep. She fought it until around 11pm i think. But i gave up the hope that we would get to watch any more breaking bad around 10pm lol. So I ended up just falling asleep myself. Oh well. lol. That always happens if she has a nap through the day. then she doesnt sleep until late that night. So no nap for her today! lol

Food today, pretty much the same as yesterday

2x pancakes
1x chili cheese
2x eggs

Im determined you guys!

This is going to sound ridiculous...but...i really wish i could drink tap water :/ I cant stand the taste. I get the packs 4x 2L bottles of water from asda. Just their own brand. But still. Its a pain and its extra money that I could cut out pretty easily if i could just drink tap water :/ But it makes me gag if I have to drink large quantities of it.

Oh! and I thought of a great idea for the photos. Im going to get one of those ...ok. have you seen those like...wire things...? Theyre like washing likes, sorta....and you clip the pics on it? anyway. i was thinking of just doing a wall display with those but i have no idea what theyre called so i have to go look.

Anyway....the weather is utter pants here today. Seriously. Crap. Its Peeing down, grey and not particularly warm. I cant beleive its June in a few days.

So how is everyone getting on? xx

I'd take 3lbs any week and you've consolidated the lowest low.

I've got a filter on my tap for the water. You could get a filter jug but I guess you are getting rid if stuff rather than accumulating before going away

Photo stuff - there's a great company called Umbra that makes loads of photo frames and those pockets that go over doors. I think they do the wires.

Have a great day!

Back