Beelishy's VLCD Weight Loss Adventure!!

Cashew butter is heaven!! Yeah it's super harsh about the water weight that goes on, like we actually weigh about five lbs more than the scales say when we're 100% on plan :( so at goal, we really need to get to five lbs below goal which ISN'T FAIR!!!!

Glad you're feeling better :) xxx

Im ok....just took some ibuprofen which does actually help a lot. Made my pancake this morning and put it in the fridge - so straight back to it. I need to be back to 214 ASAP and preferrably no later than Sunday so I still have a couple of days to actually register SOME kind of loss for the week, by Wednesday's WI. *sigh*

We know it's just water but it's horrible to see the numbers. You'll soon have that under control. Glad you like the Brita jug - those 4 litres should flush all that water out.

I love all those nut butters too. When I was training for the moonwalk I managed to gain about a stone even though I was walking 30-40 miles a week because my training snack was nut butter and marmalade sandwiches. :rolleyes: And like you say big message on Tabby's eating - make life easier for now.

I actually slept for like...ages! lol. The girls both slept for a little over 2 hours and im pretty sure i wasnt far from 2 hours of kip, myself. i must have needed it!

Im getting ready to go in and start dinner. Ive been perfect today thus far and even managed to save a bit of pancake for an after-dinner-snack...in case i find it hard. I usually do. lol.

I really need to get some jelly! Actually, i think I have a sachet in the cupboard. Im gonna go make that. It helps so much in the evenings. :)

How is everyone getting on today?

Yeah. I think I need to be a bit more seriously about making sure that I always have jelly in the fridge. Its a massive help to me, too. I never bothered with it before but Tabby asked for some recently and its a great treat to have in and ready!

Ugh. I have friday treat syndrome most days :/

oh no :( lots of drinks to fill the gaping hole in your tum is all I can suggest. Cup of tea usually does the trick for me :)

I'm also on a battle against Friday treats, especially as last week I had a little bottle of wine and I would love to repeat that tonight :D but I won't. No SIR!

In a few months we'll be able to have guilt-free Friday treat night, and really enjoy it because we'll have a couple of fast days in the week to compensate, won't we! (please say we will!) ooh we can start a Friday treat thread and all share pics :D it'll be awesome! But until then, Friday is a normal day and we need to stick at it :D

Glad you got some rest today, hope the hunger pees off asap

I decided to be a lame azz and have another pancake pack. I had planned out that I would have an almond butter sandwch, an apple and 3 (yes, 3, i couldnt decide on a flavour so decided to just go with one of each (!!!!!) ) packets of walkers french fries.

And then i stood in the kitchen and talked to myself. i ended up talking myself out of eating the real food and into a compromise...an extra pack for the day.l I feel much better...but still like a lame-o. At one point in the time, i owned this diet like crazy. These days...meh. Im very meh about it.

And Ive been tryiong to figure out why, lately. Then I went over and busied myself reading Lous latest posts and she was on about how shes lost 50lbs (go yoU!) and posting before pics...etc..and its just kinda..dawned on me.....this is probably why im so meh about it lately -

I first started VLCD in FEB 2013 - I only lasted a few weeks. But continued to diet/watch my food pretty much the whole time, trying bits of this and bits of that and even a bit of vlcd with food until Sept 2013 when I decided to start back, hardcore. And i did - until just before christmas. Then I kinda lost the plot and have had a hard time since then BUT I havent ever completely given up. Ive kept going and pushing, even if half-heartedly. Im not patting myself on the back here, btw. Im trying to come up with a reason for my current feelings of complacency. I guess thats what youd call it. So Ive been pushing and chipping away and constantly going at it....falling off and getting back on..and then...when i was looking at Lous pics....I realised...there is also THIS:

This is really where I started. This is where I came from...

20140530_192541.jpg

And this is where i am right now (literally...just now..hence the scruffiness...lol)

20140530_192905.jpg

And just to hammer it home...this tshirt....i wore last year on the 4th of July...here:

04july.jpg

and now (when its not tied in a knot behind my back !!) the tshirt fits like this:

20140530_193136.jpg

And I guess...for right now Im kinda just..happy with it. And I think I have to just be ok with that. Its ok that Im "complacent" for right now. Its gotta, surely, be ok for me to just be happy with where i am and to just kinda be over the diet - for right now?

I do still want to get to goal. Im not saying that i dont. Or that i wont. Im not saying i want to NOT WATCH my weight and that I just want a free-for-all.

But I am kinda just..tired of pushing. And of not ever giving myself a break. And of not ever being just ok with where I am now and what ive ACTUALLY accomplished - for the first time in my entire life.

Its gotta be ok for me to feel like this. And to be over feeling a bit disappointed with a 3lb loss in a week (!!).

I dunno.

posting to save me looking for it again later... http://www.sns.co.uk/re-feeding.html

going to have a think about how to proceed.

Im kinda teetering between doing 4/5 packs a day from now through to the end of my countdown and then doing refeed and then 4:3 (or continuing in a refeed type thing)

OR

Having 1 week full on, back to complete basics and 100% and then going onto refeed

I will think about it long and hard tonight and come to a decision soon....

wow. you really do need to take stock and pat yourself on the back for how far you've come. It's not just this last stint - it's all the stints you've ever done that have added up to get you where you are now. you rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a good think - and as you know, just because you decide on one thing doesn't mean you can't change it up if you need to, we're the queens of adaptation

and great work on avoiding the walkers French fries, pancake is so much more sensible, and actually has some kind of nutrients in it!!

I hope you are reflecting on how awesome you are right now!!! xxx

You've come so far. The change is massive. You take all the time you need to decide what's right for you. Like Lou says, you can always change your mind again! Female prerogative!!

Good food choices tonight though. Pat on the back.

Happy plotting!

That is such amazing progress. It's obvious what our motivation is at the beginning of this but we are walking among the normal people now. I think it is so much harder so well done on stopping and recognising that.

As for what you do now, that's entirely up to you. I think you made the right decision tonight. I had typed a reply while I was waiting to go in the theatre which said see if you can manage an hour and then if you're still hungry have a pancake. The response wouldn't send so I'm obviously managing messages telepathically now!! I think if you do a week 100% then your brain will be clearer and better able to decide the next step but until then you have done an absolutely amazing job.

Thanks everyone :)

Day 12

Morning!!

I feel....good today. Im still not completely decided on what to do...but for right now ...ive gotten up and done the usual routine and made a pancake to pop in the fridge for later. its good to have them ready so when i get hungry there is no faffing and no room to "cheat" and just grab something.

Anyway. I think that Im going to try for being 100% from now until Wednesday WI day. That being the start of a new week, I will decide by Tuesday how I want to proceed. So for today I will have my pancakes and chili.

My friend PMed me on fb last night to say that shes ordered a memory stick to put my pics on and it should be with her today (this was last night) and then she will post it to me on Monday - so I should have it by Tuesday. That gives me just enough time to get prints ordered, recieve them and plan out the display. It doesnt give me any room for problems so I hope the prints come out good. otherwise, im probably screwed. She initially said it would take her a week to edit and sort the photos but it really took her 2 weeks. :/ Oh well. I can only hope it works out well. She gave me a link to a company she says is fab for ordering prints and photo gifts. So Im going to use them as snapfish and photobox are really not very good.

In other news, we have not been out of the house...like not stepped a single foot out the door, in DAYS. I think the girls and I are going a bit stir crazy. Problem is, the weather has been (and is again today) absolutely rubbish and we dont really have any spare dosh. I was thinking of taking them into Newcastle today to potter about but not really sure what we would go for. I really do need to get out and get them out, though. Hmm...

Anyway...have a great weekend all . Anyone have any fun plans? :)

Hi bee have you been awol like me!! Hope you had a nice weekend, your painting looked fun :) :)

I was drawing piggies with my niece and nephew with wee and poo coming out haha my sister must hate me!!! (we were at a farm and saw a pig doing a wee to put it in context)

Xxx happy Monday :)

Day 14 (?!)

So. Hi.

I was, in fact, AWOL a bit. We got our interview appointment letter on Saturday. And I had somehow completely missed it! Like...It came though the door and Tabitha must have picked it up (with the rest of the post) and then got the newspaper as well...she put it all on hubbys seat on the sofa and put the newspaper on top...so i didnt see the rest of the post. And I asked her at one point if there was any post and she said "no". So i just assumed it was just the paper. At one point i nearly scooped it up and chucked it out..but got sidetracked and never did. Well, we went out at 4 and went into town to get a few things as I decided that I was definitely having a tostada for dinner...so I got the stuff to make them and then we met up with hubby at 5 when he finished work and all walked home together. We came in and started cooking straighaway and he came in and said "I thought you said we got no post!!" and handed me the letter (!!!!) - I was totally shocked. I had been sitting beside it all day and didnt even know it.

Anwyay. Much celebration ensued. We had our tostadas and I decided to take the weekend off. We planned some stuff and talked a lot and it was just good. Anyway. Today, I decided to rein it all in. And from today - I am back on 100% til the 18th when we leave. The aim is to make it to 210 by then. Its going to be a stretch because after what I had this weekend, Im sure i weigh no less than 225 right now (didnt weigh this morning). But Im back on. I will get weighed tomorrow morning.

Today, so far I have had a 2 egg cheese omelette. I will have 2x pancakes and 1x chili with 125g salad. 823/61 so..perfect. Its 10am and I feel fine.

anyway. im focused and have something to work towards.

So Im going to start my countdown days again (lol).

DAY 1 !!

Perfect today and havent really had much actual hunger. Ive had a greedy brain. But Ive mostly just completely ignored it. I havent been great with my water though. Ive had 3 of the 7 pints Im supposed to have...but Im working on that. Its already 6:30 but I should manage to have at least 5 of them for the day. Which isnt too bad.

Going to weigh tomorrow morning. Expecting to easily be 225. Because this diet is so unforgiving to me. lol. Seriously. But whatever. i will deal with it. :)

Back