Beelishy's VLCD Weight Loss Adventure!!

hello!!!

just a quickie! We made it! Diet is non-existant.....although have not given in to trying allllll the things - as I would have before vlcd. and i have been trying to make some good choices....had a cobb salad instead of a burger and chips the other day...for example. also, lots of walking. dont have a scale so no idea what i weigh and tbh not terribly fussed right now. but i will be getting myself sorted and back on some kind of plan soon....i hope. :D

also, neighbour downstairs is a complete and utter tw@t. boo. but...apartment is nice. hate that its upstairs. because...small children plus tw@t neighbour = not a good combo. but yeah....6 month lease and will probs move again lol. want a house to rent. job first..obvs. anyway.

oh..and lyra made it just fine. we were a bit worried as he went on a hunger strike and a going-to-the-toilet strike. for a few days. but my sister and the vet where she works took great care of him while he was in care and he is home now and eating/toileting (haha) just fine. and seems really quite happy now! he's much more chilled out. no swiping or moodiness. i think he loves the sunshine and all the extra space. :D

back soon! xxx

hello hello hello!! I can't believe you're contacting us from the other side *wooooooohhhh* (ghost noises)

sucks about the tw@t neighbour, but you know it's not forever :) aw your kitty must have just hated the Geordie weather :D :D

diet can go on the back burner for now while you sort everything else out, sounds like you're making sensible decisions though and not going on a mad 'all you can eat' mission :D :D

keep popping in to tell us about everything that is happening :D :D

how is Tabby eating out there? xxx

Quickie update, again.

Diet...still no idea. not been doing anything specific, other than trying NOT to stuff my face. so far...so good. clothes all still fit. Scale should be coming tomorrow.

We took our written tests yesterday. Passed on the first try. SOOO many ppl were failing though. OMG. So we have our driving permits. Arranged our lessons to start on thursday next week.

Got a call from an opticians office (from the actual optician himself) asking me to come in tomorrow to apply/interview. So thats good. Been applying for loads.

Bunch of other stuff going on....but far too much to elaborate on. Sister is going through a very ugly break-up and is in the midst of moving house. And BFF started having contractions on Sunday evening after her baby shower. but shes ok now. is going to find out on monday when she is being induced. andrew (her baby) has hydrocephalus. So he will need surgery right after birth. i am heartbroken for them all but also have a feeling its going to be ok.

anyway. thats that for now. will try to get a bit better about checking in but realistically, things arent going to really settle into a routine for some time. :)

hope youre all doing well. xoxox

That's great news that your clothes still fit :) fingers crossed for the jobs!!

So much news to take in, hope your sister is alright :( at least she has you there to look out for her. ditto for BFF hope all turns out ok with baby, must be so hard to know that he will be poorly when he's born. you're right to think positive thoughts :)

Lots of love to you all Xxx say hi to tabby from the running dot!! (haven't been able to post a running dot for ages.... must start hitting some blooming targets!)

Hello

Its all gone Pete Tong.

Tabby got hit by a car (shes...ok....although not unscathed)

Im gaining weight by the second.

We arent staying.

Back to England we go. That is my home now. I understand that fully. I will always be american, but it is no longer my home. The place I left doesnt exist anymore.

We will have nothing. At all. Just us and whatever we can shove into 4 suitcases. We will have to leave behind our beloved cat that we fought so hard to keep. Oh, my boy. My heart breaks. For him. For us. With guilt. But at least we have something to fall back on...and the UK will offer us some help and support until we can make things right again.

I wont be able to afford (anything....let alone) VLCD again for a very very long time...but once we get back (we leave here on Nov 26th) and settled, I will try to get myself back on some kind of track. And back here more frequently. xxx

Oh gosh b, I am so sorry to hear that! I hope that Tabby is ok. Is there no way that you can keep lyra over there for now and then when you have saved up enough you can bring him home?

Was this a quick decision or has it been considered as much as the move over there was?

I am really sorry to hear that its not going as planned chick. If i can do anything to help let me know

Kate :)

Our cat only made it through because my sister is a vet tech and kept him kennelled at work for us...and he got healthcare and taken really good care of. He stopped eating and drinking for 3 days (they ended up giving him fluids) and going to the loo (so the poo became impacted. they manually extracted some of it and then gave him an enema and stool softeners...etc). So basically, the trip over very nearly killed him. He wouldnt make a return trip. On top of that we cannot afford to bring him back and we have nowhere to live ourselves, so having a cat is just going to complicate things for us and for him. Its just not an option. As much as it kills me. He LOVES it here. he loves having the space. And he just so chilled out and happier than he has been for aggggessss. Im devastated, to say the very least. Im still trying to find a sanctuary for him. Where he can just be fed and looked after and live out his days. I will not relinquish him to a shelter because the shelters here are NOT no-kill. So if in a few weeks or months, he isnt adopted and they need space....being 10 years old...he'd be one of the first up to be put down. I wont put him through all of that. If it comes to it, I will take him to my sister's work and have them put him down. We will be there with him and he will be calm and loved and not alone or scared.

And then I will have to live with that for the rest of my life.

We have thought it through and talked it all over and over and over. Even if we got brilliant jobs here...youre always one step away from being destitute. I dont want that for my kids. And sadly, I did have to do this to fully understand.

I'm so sorry you are going through this, what an awful time :-( x

Thanks everyone. <3

So...hubby's sister talked to his brother yesterday about hubby getting his job back. And, although I wasnt informed until this morning, after i went to bed last night...hubby emailed his brother and told him what happened and although he didnt mention his job or anything...he did ask of BIL could offer suggestions with regard to landlords that they do work for - which we might be able to let a flat from privately.

Turns out, BIL emailed hubby back today and was far more compassionate than we ever expected. He said hubby could have his job back and that he would set about trying to sort us a flat for when we get back. Not entirely sure what will come of that but its a brilliant start and we are so thankful. I really cant wait to get just get home. Now ain't that a change n a half? :)

Nothing sorted yet on the cat front. But I am in talks with a lady at a sanctuary. Im hoping hoping hoping one of her foster-ers can take him. I will have to double check what happens to him should they not be able to rehome him...but hopefully this will be the answer and a chance for our boy to live out his days safely and comfortably. Fingers crossed! x

<3 <3 so he is human after all. I love this!

So relieved for you :) :)

NO REGRETS you had to do this :) :) it's not time wasted if you learnt something :) you are so fab for first chasing what you wanted and then admitting that it wasn't how you thought it would be. That all takes guts lady and we know that it was your gumption that has driven all of this :)

Fingers crossed for lyra xxx

Love you! ! We DEFINITELY got to get together when you're back it's going to be my New Year Resolution :) :)

Thanks hun. I still feel like sh!te worse than sh!te. And Im going to miss my boy so much. But I can only think that this was meant to happen. Ive wanted this for 10 years. And it was a stark lesson and a surefire way to show me the truth. America is no longer my home. It doesnt take away the fact that I hate the weather. lol. And the food is kinda not the best (hahaha) but....its my home. Its where I first lived as a grown up, married person...where I had my kids. I know whats going on...how to sort things. Its just familiar. Its home. I will always be american...of course. But I belong...WE belong in the UK. Like...a kid got on the bus the other day with a gun strapped to his belt. Hello!!!! Cue the freak-out! lol. My kids were on that bus!! I cant be doing with all that craziness. Anyway. Nothing further but we have 5 weeks (exactly, today) until we leave and head home. So plenty of time.

They found a foster for lyra but Im still waiting on them getting back to me for when theyre going to come and collect him. Im relieved that he will be taken care of, but so heartbroken. Im going to miss my fuzzboy so so so so much. I feel like Ive let him and my kids and hubby down. But, whats done is done.

Tomorrow Im going to start trying to watch my food. keep carbs low as poss. Its going to be SO hard. But yeah. Ive gotta do something. Weights just piling on.

Finally broke down and weighed myself this morning. And it was bad but SO MUCH better than expected. I was expecting 260. Really. But the actual number was 238. Whew! Im gonna go back to check my last recorded weight but Im sure that I got up to around at one point 235 before I left! I think i was somewhere around 222-228 just before i left though. So im actually really happy with that. ive been here nearly 5 weeks and gained...around a stone. not amazing..but way better than i expected.

Right. Well had a quick skim and 17th Sept I was 233. So 5lbs total gain since then? Thank you very much, I will take it. Im sure its down to all the walking ive been doing...and in the heat, no less. I still need to watch it and try to get some off. I would really like to be back in the 220s before we go. Im gonna have a go. Still not sure how....but Im going to have to figure something out.

I cant believe I havent gained a stone here. I was already on my way up and was at 233 just before we left. So Ive managed to keep my total USA gain to 5lbs. Im stunned but again...I really think its because I walk MILES each week and in the heat. So that has to be burning it off. Not decided what exactly to do but...Im getting a plan together. i think Im going to have a sachet of quaker instant porridge (same as in the Uk just different flavours) for breakfast. then at lunch a few corn tortillas with cheese and scrambled egg. theyre really low carb and delicious. and then a tin of soup for tea. in between, boiled eggs/a few baby carrots, a bit of apple....but only if i really feel like i need it. i have some vegetarian "chicken" nuggets and broccoli in the freezer as well. so i might have them a couple of nights. im having that tonight actually. so yeah. i might try that from tomorrow. see how i get on.

Back