Beelishy's VLCD Weight Loss Adventure!!

Muesli-ish. I really like the texture but the rasp & white choc one hasa funny aftertaste. Much prefer the toffee, nut & reason one...

Morning!

Feels weird not weighing! haha

Had a busy morning which is why im only just checking in now (its almost 11am). Just having my first pack (vanilla shake with cinnamon, and an egg) and gonna start my water once that is done. Taking T to a little local kid's performing arts group tonight. Its once a week (every Wednesday), 4:30 til 6. She loves to act and perform for us so I think this might help to nurture her creativity in that respect. As long as she's having fun and enjoys it, that works for me!

Food today:

Vanilla shake - egg
Strawberry shake - egg
Porridge pancake - egg
Spicy Spag w/chillies (new SnS flavour) w/ 100g courgette
Egg before bed

834/59

Love it when you are in the zone and on here.

The performing arts group sounds great. I was quite shy in lots of ways but I always loved that sort of stuff when I was little - think it stopped me being a complete recluse.

I watched Sherlock at the beginning then fell behind. Keep meaning to go back but I've too many box sets on the go just now and someone has just told me that I have to watch Broadchurch.

Hope it's going well.

Evening ladies!

The theatre group was a total hit. She LOVED it. :) And the group leader (J) said she gelled straightaway and just jumped right in. It was fab. Im so happy. My one concern re: home ed was the social aspect. Not that I think she "needs to be with kids her own age". Quite the opposite. I think she just needs to be with other people...and kids..of all ages. Makes for a more well-rounded person, i think. Anyway. The kids there are anywhere from 4 yrs to about 10yrs old Id say. I asked if she wanted me to stay for this 1st sesh (J said i was welcome to - hadnt even considered it - so we decided i would just ask T what she wanted..) ...asked T "should I stay or go?" and she said "Go. Bye! Pick me up later!!" hahaha. Sheesh! but really...Im so pleased. She gets to do something for herself, by herself and make friends and have time away from us. Thats so good for her. So Z and i came home and snuggled on the sofa and watched alphblocks. We dont really get a lot of time together, just us. And I often feel so bad about that. Like I can never give Z as much of me as I gave T at the same age. But...we enjoyed each other. It was really lovely. Then, at 5ish hubby came home and we chilled out til about quarter to 6 and we all headed out to pick up T. It was really nice.

Broadchurch. I really want to watch that one too!!

Aww, Clin...thanks! i LOVe to be in the zone and be here, too. :) You ladies are so important to me...really. We will have to have a meet-up at some point. A little girlie weekend type thing. Aaahh, that would be lovely. :heartpump:

So I had the spicy spag (the new one) and its really nice. I HATED the other spicy spag. But this was nice. And I had thinly sliced courgette mixed in as well. Was tasty.

CONFESSION:

I am seriously considering going to boots in the morning to get weighed. I probably wont, because TOTM will almost certainly be very heavy tomorrow (heaviest day) but...i really kinda want to. hahah.

So I have another pack to have. Strawberry shake.

OOH its so windy outside. EEEk!

Hmm..to Sherlock or not to?

Theatre group sounds great...fab news. I have two girls and struggle with giving the individual time...it's tough.

Your day sounds good, food wise. I'm a daily weigher so I'd definitely end up at Boots!!

Yeah, my girls are 2.5 and 5 yrs and sometimes its hard to spend quality time with just one of them.

Im going to see how I feel in the morning and how the girls are. If we are all up early and feeling like it, I may walk into town with hubby for a cheeky weigh-in.

Its funny. I think its TOTM but I actually feel BIGGER and more bloated than I did before i started on Monday. My clothes arent any looser - I know, its only been a few days but usually after a few days on plan the bloat goes. and I notice it in my lower abdomen. Anyway. Im not fussed. Just ticking along.

Soooo tired tonight. Not sure why. I hope I can sleep. TOTM and ketosis both play havoc with my sleeping. I tend to either be completely unable to sleep at all or its very fitful and full of weird dreams. bleh. lol

Night all!

Aw so glad T enjoyed the class bless her! No problems with her social skills then :) :) and fab to get some one on one time with zoe :) I was lucky with a 6 year age gap so son was already at school when daughter came along. Plus he goes to his dads a lot so I get lots of L time then :) then when she goes to bed I get to hang out with the boy (well I used to when he wasn't a teen haha - although he came and hung out with me last night aw)

Is it as disgustingly rainy up there as it is down here today? Wish I was home schooling on a day like this! Had to kick daughter of of the car with her umbrella and son couldn't find his rain coat *tut*

Have a great day honey! Xxx

Well. I decided NOT to go in and get weighed. Im using it as an exercise in patience. :rolleyes:

TOTM is still only just threatening. Im spotting but very lightly and although I feel bloated and crampy (and have since tuesday) it doesnt seem to have started properly despite being due mon/tues - Im guessing it was the sudden and drastic return to the diet. lol I just want rid of it so I can feel unbloated and so im not hanging on to false water weight when it comes to WI day. lol. after waiting all this time to weigh (like a good girl) and making the effort to not have a sneaky mid-week weigh...I WANT TRUE NUMBERS. haha

anyway. Im struggling with cold shakes. theyre gorgeous tasting but, in the evening especially, its hard to get it down. I have more shakes than pancakes/porridge though, so should really have that as my double packs rather than a hot pack. So 2 shakes, 1 porridge or pancake and 1 SnS savoury per day. I was thinking of trying to bake the shakes, even though i said I wasnt going to faff. i really cant be bothered...but Im so cold already and these night time shakes are killing me. lol. I dont mind the morning one, as I can have a lovely hot cuppa after. but...the evening pack. yikes. BRRR. So I might see what I can do. I seem unable to make my pancakes very well on this new cooker. I have a halogen hob in this flat. Never had one before. and Im still getting used to coooking on it (so far lots of fail). I usually have it up too high. I made one pancake totally perfect day before yesterday. But yesterday...oh man. My pancake nearly got chucked out....it looked a proper mess.

So today I will have:

2x shakes (one of them possibly baked. dont wanna waste packs if i mess up though....)
1x porridge pancake
1x chilli w/swede chips
3 eggs

887/62

Freezing, but gloriously sunny up here, Lou :)

So, I took a choc shake pack, added a small amount of water until it made a thick mixture...looks like semi-melting ice cream. Then I added a pinch of bicarb. Dropped bits onto a baking tray with baking paper stuff (hahah im so technical!) and baked on 180C for about 8-10 mins. amazing. very much like a little cupcake. but no mess. those cake cases were a faff. this is much easier, and they peel off the paper brilliantly. ive just eaten them and theyre delicious. yay. I will post piccies next time if anyone wants to see how i did it or what theyre like. just ask. xx

Now...WATER!

made my porridge pancakes spot on. used a different pan and a lower heat. perfect. had then with coffee and more water and im going to try to have a nap with zoe. did some workbook work with tabby this morning. we are working on just getting her to learn to write. she reads brilliantly. since she was a few months old, we have been unsure if shes left handed or right. she has always seemed to be able to do everything with both and never really favoured one over the other. recently though, she's using her left more and more. So we started off this morning with the pencil in her left. halfway through she had put it down and then picked it up with her right, so we tried it that way...and she stopped mid-whatshewasdoing and swithced back to her left. So im confident she's a lefty. :) Anyway. It was a lot of tracing lines and drawing different types of lines.....just get her familiar with holding the actual pencil and manipulating it to make the shapes she needs to. She did well and has always struggled to hold a pencil properly but we finally cracked it this morning. yay! its not second nature yet...but if i remind her...she can get it back into proper position. :) Anyway, she didnt want to stop. lol. But I told her we could do some more tonight after dinner so she could show daddy. Aw, so proud of my girl. We also looked up Mt Fuji and saw pics and read a bit about it. (she asked me about it...saw it on the telly). Anyway. Im so tired today...not sure why. I really didnt want to get up this morning..so I think we are going to try to nap a bit.

I am really full from those porridge pancakes. Like..stuffed. I had them with a cup of coffee and ..oooof. I wish I could weigh though. lol.

aw I love your little learning sessions! How lovely :)

your little shake cakes sound DELISH! yummers - don't blame you for not wanting the cold shake especially in the evening. But it'll be spring time before we know it :)

Come on TOTM show your face you coward!!!!

x

TOTM listening to you, Lou! lol. Now tell it to finish up and buggr off! lol

Having a 2nd mug of broth. So cold today! lol Im loving this stuff.

Ordered a set of Melissa & Doug wooden building blocks and theyve come today. So my little angels are playing building blocks together, sweetly. awww. Im enjoying them playing and learning and the peace and quiet.

Im already getting ready for Daffodil Watch 2015!! lol. I get so excited when I see the first shoots coming up, I love to watch them progress and grow all around our area as the days tick closer to spring. Awww. :)

So far today I have had my choc shake as muffin things (cakes of some kind anyway hahha).....porridge pancakes, 3 boiled eggs, and 2 mugs of broth. I can honestly say Im not ravenous. I feel a bit hungry but its just a "its nearly dinner time" kinda normal hunger. Not like I want to bring out the 14 pack of quavers that we have in the cupboard and eat bag after bag.. haha! Im excited for my chili and chips tonight. THANK GAWD FOR SWEDE!! hahaha AMEN! HALLE....ok. I'll shut up. Woooo. Im gonna shut it now :p

Oh, and I still have a shake pack to have later....as cakes again of course. lol.

Confession:

Its stupid.....I know its absolutely unfounded and ridiculous...but that horrible little demon in my head keeps saying "what if its 'not working' this time?!" Im kinda scared/worried. I am trying not to have any specific expectations for WI...but Im so afraid I will be disappointed.

Ive done this hooooowwww many times and for how long? I should know better.

Im in heaven. Oh chili and swede chips, how Ive missed you!! <3 hahaha Yes, really! I love this stuff.

dindin.jpg

keep the faith it WILL work if you stick to it! It can't NOT work! I think TOTM is just making you feel bloated and pessimistic, it will pass :)

Right TOTM - do what ya gotta do and then get outta here you filthy maggot! :D :D If all else fails just imagine your womb cleansing itself and make peace with it (you can tell I don't suffer from period pains that often haha I have no clue what you poor beggars all seem to go through)

ooh swede

Back