Beelishy's VLCD Weight Loss Adventure!!

i almost spit my water out @ "you filthy maggot" - hahahahahahaha. omg.

i know, logically, Im doing fine and diet is cleansing me of the excess lard. but friggin totm making me feel like a bloated, overstuffed wildebeest. *makes chewbacca noises*

banana shake cakes made! sherlock ready on netflix! roll on 7pm!

:D

The diet will work :)

Ok so I need all your secrets...

Firstly yes please photos of pack cakes pls

Secondly...pancakes, now you've worked out the secrets of the perfect pack pancake please do share

Finally...swede chips...how do you make them?

Phew...so other than that, glad your day is going well and hope totm goes away soon!

Ok. I managed to snap a pic of the banana ones I made...well the last one...before i ate it. There were 4.

bananacake1.jpg bananacake2.jpg

they were delish! really really so good. I added a bit of cinnamon to them. lovely

So. 1 packet of shake mix (bear in mind, i do the 4 per day packs so mine are smaller), the tip of a teaspoon of bicarb...mix together with only enough water to make a thick paste-y batter. you want it gloopy and thick. then drop spoonfuls onto baking paper on a baking tray and i spread them out a little bit into a semi-cookie shape. this is kinda hard because its very sticky/gloopy. then bake at 180c for about 5-8 mins. then i switched the oven off and left them in a further 5 mins or so. took them out and let them cool just enough that i could handle them and peeled them off the paper. let them cool a bit further and YUM!

I used to make perfect pancakes before our big move. I never had a problem with them, ever. Both the maple pancakes and the pancakes i make out of porridge packs. But now that I have a halogen hob, (and different pans! lol) its a bit different. So Ive worked out that the maple pancake i just make as is. I have a flat square pan that I brought from the US and its prefect. Its effectively like a griddle. The porridge pancakes are different. I take a porridge pack, add it to a bowl with an egg white. Slowly pour in a bit of water (with the plain porridge, i add a couple of sweetners to the water to dissolve first) a little at a time until it makes a thick batter. Then heat your pan over medium heat...pour little pancakes out and let them cook til the tops are "dry" looking and have bubbles...basically like normal pancakes. And then flip over and cook the otehr side for a couple of mins. thats it.

Swede chips....mine never come out crispy....but theyre lovely anyway. I chop up a swede into chips. Parboil them (I usually have roughly half a swede at a time) and then drain and put them on some kitchen roll spread out so they can dry. then i pop them into a large ziplock bag with seasonings (i use smoked paprika, salt and garlic powder) and a few sprays of frylight. shake it all up. then put them on a baking tray spread out and bake them on about 220c for 10 mins. Then i pop my chili on the hob (i dont own a microwave) and by the time that has cooked, the swede is usually done - so maybe 20 mins. - and then i take them out. thats it.

I've missed swede chips. Going to lower the carbs right down at the weekend. I'm also thinking about adding some packs in. Got a fab milk frother with my coffee maker and think it would make lovely hot frothy shakes.

Sounds like you're doing great with the schooling and love how the class went - lovely that she felt so independent.

Don't be derailed by the lack of weighing just know that it will work if you stick with your plan. I'm having vlcd envy!!!

Aww thanks for all that! I'm going to try swede chips first, at the weekend. What are the carbs like on swedes?

Thanks again, a huge help :)

Oh and Dietninja, according to the Slim and Save meal planner Swede is about 5g carbs for 200g cooked weight which is pretty close to an entire roasted/chipped swede - I usually have half so its under 3g of carbs. It weighs less once its been in the oven. Also, if you ever do swede mash, i would try to bake it like a jacket potato (like, in foil) and then scoop out the flesh rather than boil. you can have far far less of it once its boiled because it absorbs LOADS of water. x

Right. MORNING!

OMG..the wind was insane. Seriously. Between TOTM insomnia, Ketosis/diet related insomnia and wind related insomnia...it is safe to say i didnt sleep well. I was going to meet a friend in our town centre at Costa (awww we finally got one while I was away in the america. this news made me very excited! haha there is eff all here. lemme tell ya.) but we decided to leave it til next week due to the crazy wind. I had showered this morning though and TOTM is quite heavy so i had already decided that even though I would be in town...I wasnt going to bother weighing. Anyway, my scales come today. lol :p Im going to try to hold out until TOTM is gone....or monday WI day - whichever comes first. hahaha. at this point...i might as well wait til WI day. :D

So ive had a nice shower and a cup of my lovely coffee. Im definitely going to go and stock up on that stuff. Maybe next week. The chocolate one is just ok. But the "Bourbon Vanilla" (Irish cream! haha) is my absolute FAVE. I dont even drink regular coffee anymore. lol.

So today I need to do laundry. Lots of it.

Still dont really "feel" like im in ketosis. Then again, I dont think I ever really have. I got up this morning and havent been bothered about food so I probably am as I had gotten myself used to being starving as soon as i woke up, like I used to be before I ever started VLCD. And that has gone again.

Not much else to report, really. Im kinda boring today! lol

Food today:

Vanilla shake cakes
Strawberry shake cakes
spag bol w/ asparagus
maple pancakes
3 eggs

820/65

I really love this 4-pack-per-day Exante stuff. Seriously makes my life SO MUCH EASIER.

Have a great friday, all! :)

Had an egg and made my strawberry shake cakes - just having them now. Theyre yummy! I really am glad I finally cracked these. lol. So much easier and better than trying to do something with them on the hob. And better than cold shakes in the winter time! lol. :)

These cramps can well and truly GO AWAY. Ow. *sniff*. But today should be the heaviest/hurt-iest day. Should be better from tomorrow....i hope! :)

Huh. All day today...after everything Ive eaten or drank, Im left feeling ever-so slightly nauseated. just barely. but enough that i go...bleurgh. lol. I dont feel "sick"...but just like..bleh. hahaha. weird. anyway. its fine. much better than feeling like "oh! can i have more please".....and hungry all the time.

anyway. been fine today. freezing, of course. lol. but fine. Im watching the evenings....waiting for the first night that the sun hasnt actually set by 4pm. This, as well as my daffodil thing, makes me very excited. hahah.

So after tea tonight, I think I will have another shake cakes and sherlock session. Sadly, only the 1st 2 seasons are on netflix. The 3rd isnt on. And there are only 3 episodes in seasons 1 and 2. Whats all that about? haha. And, apparently, Broadchurch isnt on netflix either. BOOOO.

Ticking along. Did more workbook with T today. She LOVES it. Seriously. Such a keen learner. I love it. And they played with the blocks for quite some time this morning. Telly was off, and they just got on with it and enjoyed themselves.

Anyhoo. Im boring today.

Last edited:
Nausea - bit weird...is that you getting into ketosis? Sounds like another good day! I don't post much about my days as they tend to be dull!

We're snuggled up on the sofa under a blanket watching avengers assemble!

Ok. Didnt happen after my tea. So..who knows! haha

anyway. just baked my shake cakes to have in a bit. I really fancy an early night. Im feeling annoyed with hubby for no apparent reason (lol) and a bit weepy (again, for no apparent reason). haha. its so lame. but i know its hormones.

Shake cakes...yum!

Morning!

The wind is still crazy! I had to go out for milk this morning and it was blowing like mad...and raining...and I was walking into it....driving into my face. Boo! hahah. But. We can stay in today, so thats fine. Tomorrow we are going to the Metro Centre. Gotta hit ikea to have a look at some furniture/storage ideas for the learning/play room. :) Will undoubtedly be faced with them eating out (lunch) while we are there...and I need to figure out what to do. I dont eat meat...but I think Nando's do a halloumi salad. I could do that. I dont have any bars and nothing I can really take with me. And we will be out for quite a chunk of the day, so I dont want to not eat anything. I had told myself that I was just going to go with the flow this time around and no freak out about stuff. So I will probably just go for the salad option and not stress. No dressing/tomatoes etc. But otherwise....no stress. :)

I didnt quite finish my 2nd litre of water yesterday. So I ended up having about 1 full litre and then 2/3rds of my 2nd litre. Then I had some sugar free cherries and berries squash (I KNOW but citric acid doesnt have any effect on me. lol) - about a pint. I also had coffee and a broth. So I did get quite a bit of liquid...but actual water...not as much as I had planned. Im going to work on that today! Im aiming for at least 2L of actual water per day.

Food today:

choc shake cakes
banana shake cakes
porridge pancakes
3x eggs
chilli and swede chips

887/62

Have a nice Saturday all! :)

Well it has stopped raining and the sun has come out. :)

Perfect morning for baking...so I whipped up my breakfast - banana shake cakes. I love banana bread and this feels like a cheaty, diet appropriate way to make it. I LOVE them. breakietime.jpg

We scored tabby a set of about 10 ladybird books (a boxset) for 7.99 from The Works and theyve just arrived. Yay!

Just made the most perfect pancakes ive ever made. Omg SO good. I used very little egg white (im pretty sure you can omit the egg if you follow the next step..) AND SOME BICARB! They were fluffy and so nice! Cheaper than having to use an egg each time, saves on calories too. yay!

breakiepancakie.jpg

(sorry. it only dawned on me to snap a pic after i had nearly scoffed the first one. lol) :D

Feel rather dreadful today. Just like I could cry...and restless. I think Im starting to go a bit stir crazy. I need to get out of the house and DO something, but we've been stuck in most of the week either due to waiting for deliveries or due to the blasted wind. All my deliveries have come now (finally!) and Im hoping this wind stops. NEXT WEEK WILL BE BUSY. lol.

Confession: I just had 10 little animal biccies. It was a packet...those cadbury's animal biscuits with a bit of choc on the bottom?! THOSE. 14g carbs and 105 cals so I will drop my shake cakes later tonight....and DRAW A LINE. And try to distract myself for the rest of the day. Im so glad we have plans tomorrow.

Stupid sugar has given me a little rush....which means there will be a crash. I hate sugar. lol. I feel so annoyed with myself, too. argh. WI is day after tomorrow. NOW IS NOT THE TIME TO BE CHEATING. Especially out of sheer boredom. Lame. Maybe I will get one of those colouring books for grown ups with the intricate patterns...and some nice markers. or get my knitting out. i might actually finish my blanket at some point. lol. Mad at myself. But whatever! And TOTM can well and truly stop. Its heavy again today. BLEURGH.

*pout* *sulk* *grump*

Ignore me! :D Im ok really. Just so bored!

You are right...draw a line and move on....

It's nice to come on here and realise others are in the same boat (not so nice for you to be in the same boat, obv!)

I love animal biscuits, but they'll be there when we're skinny!

I've had to eat today...kept it low carb but it's a fight for survival today!

Back