Beelishy's VLCD Weight Loss Adventure!!

The thing I love about reading your diary is you set your own rules. You're not totally rigid..."oh my god you've added a boiled egg, you have totally blown it!" (Which is actually the sort of thing I thought on my first attempt at a vlcd...needless to say it didn't last long or end well!) so therefore you can't have blown it...it's your mind playing tricks.

Keep up the good work, and remember, a bowl of veggie curry is not what brought you here in the first place :)

Is it going to be a problem for you tonight?

I'm having a lovely lazy day as my youngest is poorly so I had to take the day off work and have gone back to bed with her!

Just got home about an hour ago! Ended up going on an adventure to Aldi as someone in the Home Ed group posted some pics of some fab kiddie books on Ancient Egypt and Vikings...educational but adorable stuff. And i was hoping to snap some up. Alas, my Aldi didnt have them but they did have a little science kit. Its for growing plants and teaches the life cycle and stuff....suitable from 6+ it says, so I might wait til the summer and have a go. We also got a pot of hyacinths (already started) and little daffs. Theyre already sprouting so it wont get boring for her and its something for her to nurture and watch grow. Might try growing some cress as Ive heard its super simple and it grows super fast. She is currently drawing pictures of characters from Hey Duggee (cbeebies show) and writing their names above. I was near to tears because this time last week, she couldnt really write very well at all. And today shes holding the pencil properly (on her own) and she's writing legibly and completely unaided. Im astounded. So proud of her. And of me, tbh. Which doesnt come naturally. I dont often give myself praise or credit. lol. But...this is going really well. She LOVES learning and doing and Im just..... :D :D :D :D :D 9

Food has been fine today. Im back to normal and alls well. Had my pancake when I got in. And had an egg this morning. Had a flat white at costa this morning but only had half so its probably not much more than a cup of coffee i would have had at home. its just milk, afterall, that has any cals or carbs in a flat white...so im just gonna drop one of my coffees at home (have 2 instead of 3) and call it even. Im not hungry. I have a mars bar (theres a limited edition one with "extra choc" - dunno, didnt really look at it lol) in my bag for hubby when he gets in. A little treat for him. And I got him a 2 pack of belgian buns at aldi. honestly couldnt care less about either. or anything, foodwise tbh. this is a very new thing because i have never been this "meh" about food....never in my vlcd history. And i think its because Im not stressing or obsessing about it this time around. its wonderful and i dont ever want to lose this feeling. lol. i have found that tailoring the diet to suit me, but still being successful works best.

i am, however, having a HUGE problem with water. i jsut cant bring myself to drink! lol. its very strange, im sure. hubby things i am very very weird. I can go a full day with only having a pint of water/pop/squash and be fine. i dont tend to FEEL thirsty as much as it seems most people do. lol. so i have to force myself to drink and make the effort. lol.

anyway. Im off to try to get a pint down!

Dietninja, I hope shes ok! xx

I hate drinking too when I'm at home I just forget to drink all the time it's only at work when I'm walking past the drinks machine that I remember to get drinks. If I could never drink again I'd be happy :)

You really do deserve a pat on the back for the teaching it's going great! I can't believe she can write already, J just couldn't control his pencil (and his writing is still horrific now!) and L was better, but still not that fast!! :D

Just taking L to Brownies gotta dash...well done on the 3lbs why do our brains torment us so!!!!!

Im so amazed, Lou. At her ability and how keen she is...and at the fact that (as the other Home Edders say, but I always doubt) I really can do it and do it without making it a regimented learning/studying atmosphere. She just learns through sitting with me for 10, 15, 20 mins at a time and basically playing, by going out and about, by watching TV (learned about how roads are made on Nina and the Neurons on Cbeebies today...it was really interesting! haha) and documentaries and reading. Sure, we use work books and practical application but she couldnt really learn to write without actually writing. But the way we've been doing it, one-on-one and in an excited "play" kinda way...as opposed to "RIGHT, lets do lessons now" kinda way...its just all falling together and keeping her keen to learn more and to get things right. Awww. I love it. I really do.

Gutted. I found a(very) damp patch in the corner in the play/leaning room. NOOOOO. Its only going to get worse, quite obviously. We always knew we would have to move out of the this, as its going to be too small for the 4 of us when the girls get older...but .....looks like that might happen sooner than we expected. Probably in about a year or so. We are going to look into a dehumidifier first. Hopefully that may help. I was so upset when I saw it. I came in today and really thought i could smell dampness a bit. Which is a first, since we moved in. He had loads of damp works done before we moved in and obviously a bit has been missed or didnt take or something. Booo. :( I really just want to move in somewhere and feel instantly at home and be able to just STAY PUT for years and years. *sigh*

So. Hmm. What else. I was going to say something else and its completely gone!

It has been raining a LOT lately hopefully it'll dry out but a bummer nonetheless :(

I still haven't phoned the roofer I'm going to have my own damp problem if I'm not careful. I want a caretaker. Waah!

Kids do love to learn if it's in an interesting and fun way but still don't think I could do it...kudos to you, seriously!

Morning!

Booooored! lol.

I need to clean, but probably wont until tomorrow, so hubby can distract the girls. Otherwise, I cant get 5 mins peace to get anything done. This month is dragging. rofl. Although, Ive said that and the sun has literally just come out from behind the clouds and is shining brightly :)

Had my porridge pancakes this morning and 1 egg. Just starting on my first litre of water now. bleugh. lol.

As i said....booooored. I jsut want to go back to bed! Im so tired.

Oh I so had that yesterday! A walk in the sunshine helped today. But my butt hurts from squats!!!

This month is definitely dragging. Feeling lethargic and bored however, as you know, is a danger time...it is not a good excuse to eat...

Any good books or series you can snuggle up and watch/read? Take up knitting?

Come on here and leave random messages? Whatever you do, have a good day xxx

Hiya!

Im ok. Im not gonna cheat or go off the diet. Im just tired of being so cold. hahah. I already do loom knitting. i cant do normal knitting. Im all thumbs. But loom knitting is fun. Im in the middle of a project, actually, that I havent worked on for a while, actually.

Im about to start on some more Sherlock. We are on season 3, episode 2. So, almost "caught up" and im SAD. hahaha. I WANT MORE.

currently munching my way through some chili and broccoli. Slowly because I feel rather..bleh.

Tomorrow is a day for cleaning, i think. And monday I have an appointment at the optician (tesco!) and we are going to check out a local council keep fit studio. They do loads of different classes for kids (and adults) that we are going to look into. I would like T to go to one more thing, weekly. I would prefer it be a martial arts type thing. So like taekwondo or judo or something. but we will see what there is.

Today, T learned that there are different alphabets around the world and we looked up a few examples - Katakana (japan), Russian, The greek alphabet proved very interesting because my husband found a document that had the names of each letter/symbol underneath and T proceeded to read the names. She was fascinated. She also did some more drawing and some maths work (addition and subtraction) using little sweeties. LOL. Then she asked to do workbook work after she finishes her tea. Aww, bless. So we will have a bit of workbook work and then Sherlock. Rock n Roll Saturday night, here! hahaha (I wouldnt trade it for anything though).

I'm still on s1 e3 of sherlock I've fallen by the way side. Actually I'm going to watch some now...

Aw lovely little T and her thirst for knowledge :) it helps with you and M being clever and Interested in the world. That's why I think my kids do well at school too. Our house is full of books and S and I are always interested in stuff and have little chats etc. I think some households only talk about eastenders and their kids don't have the example shown to them of how fun it is to learn.

Sorry, going on a bit there lol!

Hope you've had a great day and get a nice early night zzzz

No. I totally agree, Lou. Mind you, there are some absolute nutters in the Home Ed group LOL. And I can see why a lot of people are quite negative about home ed. And I also thing that it ISNT really the right choice for a lot of people. But for some of us, it is. LOL @ the EastEnders thing. So true. I dont hardly watch any telly. Fiinshed s3, ep2 of Sherlock and we currently are watching one of the David Attenborough documentaries. I think this one is Frozen Planet, just switched it on. We just watched a bunch of penguins getting away from a sea lion. Eek! Luckily (for the penguin) ....he made it safely into the water and away. LOL

Anyway....Im going to head to bed soon. Im just too tired to last much longer.

Blown it, quite fabulously over the last two days. yesterday i had 2 packs and CRAP LOADS of biscuits. Today I had 1 pack and T wanted to make cakes....pink cakes with pink icing. So we went to Morrisons and got the stuff, made them...and Ive eaten at least 3. Ive stopped counting after that. I feel absolutely downerer than down and I DONT KNOW WHY. Im missing my kitty, something fierce. And Im just feeling like I want to clean the house desperately and yet, I have no energy to. I want to go crawl into bed and sleep for days. And i DONT KNOW WHY. Tomorrow's WI isnt going to happen because Its just going to mess with my head. I have to sort myself out and figure out a way to work this. Im struggling with being so cold and wanting hot warm food...and having mainly shakes. lol. Anyway. Im mentally working on a plan to get myself right in the head again. Im desperate to exercise to get my energy levels up. Really jealous of Clin and her gym sessions. Friend invited me to Zumba on Sundays and I just couldnt see making it through in 800 cals. Anyway. I wil figure something out. Even if its just upping cals with some more eggs/omelettes, quorn and veg (but keeping carbs super low) to 1100-1300 and working some exercise in. Then I was thinking I will go back on packs but add a small amount of quorn and veg in evenings (to get cals to about 1000 per day but keep carbs at 70 or less, so vlcd levels) and do that until April 1st. Then switch to 4:3 for a while eventually easing down to 5:2 and staying there forever. lol. Im working on it. I need to see how I get on. Right now, though, Im just really having a hard time with shakes and MY MOOD and this CRAZY LACK OF ENERGY.
I finally watched the full (all 3 episodes) horizon series on diets. I really do think the answer for me long-term is going to be intermittent fasting and keeping a low-carb and low GI lifestyle.

Right now though..Im still miles away from goal and I need to figure out what to do.

Urghhh. I hit a similar place this weekend which is why I had to change things...I could not cope with being so low energy, it's pants for the kids, as well as for me.

Please feel free to ignore all my advice (I am a failed dieter, what do I know? But just in case...)

Exercise wise you don't need to gym...there are loads of alternatives. I've just today discovered some low intensity walking workouts...free on YouTube and perfect for if you are using packs because it's low intensity. Search YouTube for Leslie sansome. I did 3 miles, it flew by and my youngest thought it was hilarious to join in.

Or get hold of those 10 min DVDs (£5 each)...my fave is the ten min Bootcamp one coz its divided up into arms/legs/core etc so one a day doesn't feel too overwhelming.

Have you also considered alternate day dieting? Stay low carb but only do very low cal on alternate days? The very low cal (eg packs) sees to the weight loss, and the low carb makes it easy coz your not hungry, and the days where you're not counting you're not having a free for all so wont gain, but it'll give you more energy and relieve the mindf**k that is constant calorie restriction.

As I say, just suggestions...I hope you regain your mojo soon *hugs*

Thanks honey :)

I have about 3 Leslie Sansone dvds. LOVE HER. lol. And a Bev Callard (ok, 3) dvd too. I have a few of the 10 min ones..or I did before I left....might have gotten rid, but are easily replaceable. I cannot actually stand the gym. But I do miss working out at home.

Im going to really have a think about what to do. I definitely will use packs in one way or another. Its just working out how to get the weight less i want and need...and still helping myself to feel full and have energy for myself and my girls and LIFE. lol

Thanks for the input...it is definitely food for thought (haha. always with the "food") and will be taken into consideration! :) x

Oh bee I've also come on to report a failure and an overwhelming feeling of sadness! Snap!!

I think for you though this is the first time you've been able to 'relax' since the move and I suspect all the stress is catching up with you. Not to mention the loss of your stress-reliever (food). You haven't stopped for the past 6 months always with new plans and busy busy busy and you thrive on it like I do, but with T's accident and re homing your kitty I don't think you ever had a chance for it to sink in

Big hugs to you I think you need lots of TLC (haha that autocorrected to TV...That might help also!)

You're not lazy, you're not useless, you're just coming to terms with a shitter of a year where you've had to make decisions and arrange everything and be 'on form' for your family. It's OK to be not OK sometimes and it doesn't make you a failure

I love you v much x xx xx xx :) :) we all do! You're like Mrs get-stuff done! But everyone needs a break now and then :)

Fresh start tomorrow :) You could do Zumba but have a couple bananas beforehand to give you the pep maybe? Would be fun I keep meaning to find a class myself

X

Hey bee how's it going lovely I think I reached peak pig last night so ready for a sensible day just because I feel bloody sick

We are going to have to do as the addicts do and take this one day at a time

Xxx xxx

Back