Beelishy's VLCD Weight Loss Adventure!!

I always used to think that when they brought out the chocolate scented patches to help you lose weight - sure they would have set me off. Lets face it when you are 'us' anything can set us off.

And never forget. Veg and lentils won't send you mental - bread and cake big mistake. Remember that when you are justifying a slice of the magic cake to yourself and snaffle down your shake cake instead :)

Yes yes yes bread and cake big mistake! !!

Oh god I hear you on the 'look at this mum mum mum mum mum mum' SHUT UP FOR ONE MINUTE! !!

I'm in bed with my school work now and hot flushing like a mad woman must be the hormones as should be in ketosis by now I'm certainly not hungry

Hope cake is ok and t is satisfied. L has harangued us into agreeing to swap her bed for J bed and turning it back into bunk beds (the other bunk is in the loft). Her bed drawer was stuck so I've fixed that by brute force tonight but then behind the bed is full of skank and dust it's going to be a mission and her room is tiny so no space to work. Throwing lots away as we go though will do it properly on Sunday.

Sorry, don't know why I'm going on about that on your diary haha

Seriously ANYTHING sets me off. Very true. This cake is in the fridge now but i pressed a bit on top and it seems like ....eggy. spongy eggy. haha ew. doesnt seem appealing to me at all, although it smells gorgeous. I dont know if youve ever dont SW and tried their recipes that called for mixing quark and eggs and sweetner to make a cake roll type thing...you pour it out and bake it thinly and then mix quark and sweetner and roll it up like a swiss roll. ITS VILE. it always tasted like sweetened scrambled egg to me. made me actually barf once. so yeah..THAT is what that cake felt like. Ive put it in the fridge to cool/set for a bit. dont have high hopes at all. but they might like it. haha. im not fussed. (yay!) gaaaag.

Uhm. I gave a slice to hubby and T to share. I had ONE bite. VILE haahahaha. eggy and gross. And..its a unanimous thumbs down. Tabby did eat 3 bites (its custardy on the bottom. she doesnt eat custard) which is amazing. and she didnt say she hates it. so...i dunno. but mal and i were like GAG. haha.

And let the weekend bickering begin and its not even our weekend, yet! M isnt actually off until Sun/Mon.....getting started early this week I suppose! No wonder I struggle at the weekends. If i think about it...since we've been back and he's been back at work we have just been bickering. EVERY. WEEKEND. (and in between, sometimes!) - So i guess Ive just been doing what I usually do and eating! Hence, going off my diet when I was doing so well.

Im just kinda...past caring. Everything I do is wrong. He disagrees with me, Im sure, for the sake of it.

*yawn*

Last edited:
Morning!

243 today. Not sure what Im going to do re: soup. But I am definitely chucking the cake out. Turns out, it just needed to set overnight. And the batch made in my big round pyrex bowl is much nicer than the one i made in the square pan (it makes loads). Had a bite this morning and its really quite nice :( hahaha. So its going OUT. They still don't like it anyway and i dont need it kicking around.

Im sorta not speaking to hubby. Not really NOT speaking to him. Im just...meh. This is what happens when I get tired of it all. I just sorta switch off.

Anyway, we were getting ready for bed last night and I sent Tabitha to go to the loo (as I do nightly) before bed. And she was fine. Within 10 mins later we were in bed and settling down. And she starts sneezing. Lots. Within an hour, she was asleep and I could hear her struggling. So....she's woken up with a cold. BOOO. I think it was probably something she caught at playgroup as its just her (for now). And it doesnt seem too bad this morning. Hopefully it doesnt get any worse. Or spread to us. She's currently on the sofa with her toast and water, propped up with about 4 pillows and snuggled under a blanket. Im going to try to keep her down as much as possible and hope for the best. :)

Actually, s0d it. Im going to go make soup. lol. Im freezing.

oh...and chuck out that cake! (I HATE WASTING STUFF! ARGH!)

:( :( yes definitely get rid of the cake

Hope harmony is restored today :) is M at work? It's so exhausting living with someone!! Always *something* for someone to get offended about. I don't listen when S is talking but he takes a fricking age to get a bloody sentence out haha so I switch off. Bet cumberbatch is the perfect partner ;)

Snuggles to T from the running dot :)

hahaha!! yes. the running dot!

cake is gone! and soup is made and smells lovely. going to have some in a bit. have had a babybel so far. (and the bite of cake).

M at work. And its payday. Woo. Still not bothered though. lolol.

So T keeps asking for a kitten. She was most sad that Lyra chose America over her (us)...but eventually she understood. Still, she "wants a pet". I suggested a fish. M doesnt like fish (theyre pointless and stink). Then we saw some cute musk turtles. I suggested those. Great starter breed of aquatic turtles. The whole kit (tank and everything plus 2 turtles) is £200. M says, they stink (well...he's right in this instance...they are also known as "stinkpot" turtles. lol) and thats expensive and they live for AGES. All true. So, ok. But T still wants a pet. So i suggested a budgie. M says theyre too loud and its awful keeping a bird in a cage. Ok. fair enough. BUT T STILL WANTS A PET. So we go full circle and start considering a kitten. But then I say (which is totally true) that if we are going to have a kitten, we need to get 2 because the will fight over the poor thing if we only have one and also, it will be good for the cats to have each other to take out aggression on and play with and to remind them that theyre cats. Lyra was an only furchild and he seemed to not get that he was a cat. hence part of his aggression, i think. He was just playing with us and acting towards us the way cats do amongst themselves. Anyway. So I said we should get 2 together and M says "No..then its 2 lots of everything. and we dont have enough space." Really? Enough space? for CATS? Like..I did mean normal domestic house cats...you know...not TIGERS ffs. Everything I say, is met with a "no, because...." always no. Im always wrong. So whatever.

Then, because he thinks Im sulking (im not.) he starts asking/hinting about possibly getting 2 kittens...and that maybe im right. he thinks that he if "gives me my way" then he is off the hook. trouble is..the issue is not that i "dont get my way". its that he is an absolute pr!ck about things, needlessly. lol. but he misses that completely. lol

anyway. im off to have soup and try not to shove bunch of crap in my gob to make me feel better. because i wont feel better later. i will jsut feel worse. :D

Haha stop being a prick M!!

Aw kittens me love kittens!!

Our new boy is fighting a lot with my queen cat when will he realise she rules the place....bloody male entitlement PATRIARCHY!

Just concentrate on keeping on plan and let all the other annoyances wash over you :)

Hectic weekend! T has been full of cold for a few days now. Today I have to bathe the girls...have done breakfast and need to get to my eye test at 11. And its nearly 9am. lol. Just as well its with tesco opticians because I need to pick up a few things too. Ive also gotta get to the bank at some point today. And I need a plant pot(s) and compost. We bought those potted spring flowers (a pot of little daffs and a pot of hyacinths) and theyre getting too big for the little pot they came in and need a proper home now. But i have no idea how big a pot they need....can i plant them all together in a big one? no clue.

anyway. i need to get sorted. !!

Morning.

Oh...I was busy and it was hectic. But of course the weekend was a big fat FAIL. STOPPIT. (me)

I need to get hubby on a diet. Or plan better for weekends. Or both. Probably both. lol.

Up this morning and made a pack of pancakes (porridge..not maple) and I got 2 and ate 1 with a cup of coffee. Food today:

porridge pancake
maple pancake
2x soup
3x eggs
1 babybel light

837/66

I have an ikea delivery coming today.....furniture for the playroom/learning room. So excited to start getting that sorted and set up. :D :D

So i had an eye test yesterday. it was just a contact lens check as my sight test isnt due until sept. and bad news.....there is a bit of damage to the surface of my left eye and she said she would order my contacts but i have to go a full week without wearing them to allow that to heal up. then in a week (so, next monday) i have an appointment to go back and be checked before they will let me have them. argh. i HATE wearing my glasses. I feel like im in a fish bowl. And theyre super old...both the frames (too small..what was i thinking!!?!?!?) and the prescription (surely its changed since i got them...) and everything just looks...not as it is. Smaller and further away a bit. Anyway. Im wearing them. Because meh. BUT. Im going to also get a new pair. Ive had a look and tesco do a cheap range (yeah..i havent bought glasses for ages and when i did it was at specsavers. hate specsavers) that starts at 15 quid. theyre all horrid though. haha. Nothing that suits me. So I kept looking up and up and the cheapest ones i found that i actually really love are 65 quid. *sigh* but hey, at least theyre not like 125 quid "designer" ones. Im going to try to take my lenses out more often and let my eyes breathe. Maybe at weekends. But for now..im in this hazy....weird...fish bowl.....things-arent-really-as-they-seem world of Old Glasess-ness.

Anyway. Im a failure. Are you bored of me yet? I am. 246 again this morning. So much for my 10 weeks. BUT. I will do it. STARTING........wait forrrr ittttt...........Startingg............

NOW!

:D

(P.S. - thank you again for loving me and sticking around here despite my being a total flop and hypocrite and boring. i love you guys and would be seriously lost (and super-duper-way-way-fatter) without you. no joke. xxxxx)

We love you always! Winning or losing you're always trying and we love you. You're so much more than whether you're losing weight :)

We came for the diet talk but we stayed for the fun talk and understanding that we all have of each other.

Failing a diet isn't failing at life. You're a winner! !

It's a learning process and I've just had a chilli sausage roll but don't feel bad about it haha. I fricking deserve it because I'm awesome

Back