Beelishy's VLCD Weight Loss Adventure!!

Oh god we're all.having a day of it lol OH in a mood.with me because at my sisters he said to (overweight).son 'yeah you look you like cake' and I said 'oi! Don't say that!' And so.apparently I 'had a go' at him. Oh FU** OFF

Tbf he's the one with the expectations on valentines despite always putting minimal effort in himself. He gave me.a card that he'd found in a drawer that I'd bought him as an anniversary card but rejected and got him a better one. I don't care about that honestly to me it's like to M I think but I was expected to put out (wink) haha but that ain't happening haha

Marriage is hard and it's about more than the valentines days and anniversaries etc but these days always make you evaluate and think 'huh I've been short changed here' lol but you know you luv him and are good friends you're so cute hanging out together

And...did.he sew the carpet heart himself? Come on. ..That is major cuteness. .. ;) like he would have had to think for ages to come up with that as it doesn't come naturally to him

But like I say, valentines does not a marriage make. Marriage is the boring bits getting jobs done day to day and managing to live together without killing each other.

Chri$t sorry if I'm depressing you even more. ;)

*sobs into chocolate*

But...guess what we found at a service station today? Those valentines Krispy Kreme! ! Got ladybug ones me and S shared one I don't really like Krispy Kreme much but they were sooo cute

ForumRunner_20150214_213545.png

THEY ARE SO CUTE. But yes, Krispy Kremes make me gag. lol. I can have 1 bite and then DONE.

Its not specially a Valentine's Day issue. But I do get what youre saying and I agree.

Oh God, Lou, I would have punched hubby had I been you. lol. My step dad used to do stuff like that to me. I would eat something like pizza (something you eat with your hands) and he would say "wow, careful. dont bite your fingers!!" always cracks about my weight. just made me feel so sh!t about myself...even more. My mom would try to defend me and tell him off but....after a few years I guess it wasnt worth an argument with him anymore and the damage (to me) had already been done. Even the harmless little quips are even more painful, I think, from a step-parent. *sigh*.

*sobs into chocolate too*

today can be done now. hahaha. IM DONE. its actually been a nice evening. we are talking (hahahaha...no suprise) about moving....someone a bit more rural and better value for money ( i feel cheeky talking about value for money when stuff is SO ridiculously expensive down south! haha) - we pay £525 for this flat (he charges us more because he kinda knew he could...we had no one else that would rent to us...and he didnt go any checks etc. but similar flats really go for about 475 right now) and for 500-550 we could get a 3/4 bed house, semi...sometimes with garage....and a garden. OMG a proper garden. And some with gorgeous views...this is one that i loved... 3 bedroom semi-detached house to rent in Millfield Court, Bedlington Three Bedroom End Link, NE22

anyway....he started talking about the other night. Our toilet is playing up. We used a whole bottle of One Shot, the stuff that professionals use. And it hasnt made a difference...so we are kinda thinking that its a drainage/pipe installation issue as opposed to a blockage. And there are already 3 damp patches. And its quite small. And the windows are single glazed so we get a lot of condensation which then drips onto the window sills..and it makes the flat colder...takes a bit more to heat the place. Just little things like that so far, which are adding up to a bigger over-all..."we are going to have to move again". We both want to live somewnhere a bit more rural but not compeltely out in the wilds. lol. and we want to get into a place that is big enough and STAY THERE. Anyway. he brought it up the other night and continued tonight. So we've been chatting about that..and just relaxing. My lentil, pea and potato curry was gorgeous and filling. And he raved about it, which he never does. Anyway. Its been a nice evening. Ive been a pig today though. seriously. ugh. On it tomorrow. seriously. bleh.

:blahblah:

Wow.that house! Can't believe that price! Down here that would be like £900 - £1000 a month! I would love to sell our house and buy up north to get the mortgage down and have spare money but we never will I don't think. . We're not adventurous enough we're big wimps

Flat problems sound awful and so soon after you.moved in! I'd definitely look towards a move like that but would M have to change jobs? How rural is rural? Buses into town still?

Glad you're talking though. We are too aww it's like bloody romance central here with all this. ....talking haha

He doesn't mind me.pulling him up on it but gets flustered if he thinks I'm having a go at him in front of people. Which I never do hence why I didn't think that's what I did earlier. I acknowledge that maybe I did snap and he acknowledges that it's his own issues that let it ruin the rest of his day and I acknowledge that it's my own teen experiences that make me sensitive to cracks about weight and he said he thought son would say to him if he didn't like it...but i said no he absolutely wouldn't. ..He would do as I did and pretend to laugh along...haha isn't it funny I'm fat! ! OH and my mum don't get on but ironically that joke got her cracking up and semi bonding with him....tell you a lot about my childhood lol. My mum is lovely she's a total legend but I was always teased for my weight by the whole family. We all tease each other for everything but some things hurt more than others

God listen to me making it all about me ;) ;) son probably didn't think anything of it. But maybe he did. *cry*

Morning!!

Youre totally right though. I got the weight thing too...and my family is a joke-y one too. We take the p!ss out of each other for everything and anything. My mom and her sister and my cousin J (she's my age. well six weeks older. haha) and I were always cracking up with each other...we are all incredibly clumsy too...which makes for more hilarity. BUT...the fat jokes....they hurt. Anyway. Meh. Its so funny how certain things like childhood traumas, even if you dont think theyre THAT big a deal at the time, stay with you forever. *sob* haha

Anyway. The houses up here are super cheap compared to down south, I know. haha. But yes...having issues with this flat SO soon after moving in, and when its just undergone several weeks of renovation, too! And its still....problematic. it just makes me think that things will sorta only get worse. lol. It was in a really bad state when he bought it...and some of the deeper issues are now starting to show. And, as I said, its too small for us really. So yes. We are going to have to move at some point and we might as well look to finding somewhere we can actually stay and enjoy. I guess SEMI-rural is more what I meant. We want to learn to drive and get a car...but its very expensive to have lessons. We simply cant afford it for right now. So we have to make sure that there is some form of public transport nearby, even if just to connect to another bus or metro or train to get hubby into newcastle and then here, for work. The good thing is that up here there is LOADS of open space...and so you have lots of urban areas...and lots of rural areas but you also have LOADS of semi-rural too. Northumberland is stunning. Really is. So is County Durham (although we arent sure if we want to live south of the river or not). I mean..look at this 2 bedroom terraced house to rent in Brettonby Avenue, Stocksfield, NE43 - Like..I know its ONLY 2 bedroom...but LOOK at it. And its only 50 quid a month more than what we pay now. LOOK AT THE VIEWS! SHEEP, FFS! And it isnt terribly difficult to get into newcastle from there...and its not far from the Metro Centre.. Anyway. I dunno.

So..today. I woke up and wasnt hungry. YAY! Ive just had my first pack of pancakes and a coffee. Feel totally satisfied and fine. So Im on it today! Would love to go back to bed though. Im tired. And I have a kitten all snuggled up next to me...so Im even more sleepy. haha. I want to take him and go have a nap in the bed all snuggled up under the duvet.... awww. Love my kitty babies!

Boo! Be banished headache!

Kitty snoozes are the king of snoozes :)

Glad you're hopping back on plan

I would so so love something semi rural. We have places like that here on the downs but they are even more expensive! It's ridiculous *sniff* why wasn't I born up north!

Have a fabby Sunday :) :)

Firstly can i say im not on same diet as you but your diary is like stepping physically into your life its so captivating xx

Secondly i felt for you when ypu mentioned your hubby. Me and my hubby do.sometimes argue well recently more often but hes always criticising me but in the next breath hes a saint and will do ought xx I really do sympathise with you as it feels like im walking on eggshells sometimes xx the whole meh feeling i can relate to as well x

Anyhoo sorry to rant a little and want to wish u the best on losing weight xx

So Im plodding on...sticking to plan and I start to feel unwell. Light-headed and headachey and heart racing a bit. This, of course, sends me into a bit of a panic because of the funny episodes Ive had in the past. Those were terrifying. And I never want that again. So I had my last boiled egg on a slice of bread with a bit mayo. Not the best choice (would have rather had an apple!) but we have very little in the cupboards until the shopping comes later....so I tried to get some protein in there since it was outright unhealthy white carbs. Anyway. Im rethinking again. Im very much in a "lets get this done, FINALLY" mood right now...so its not just the usual "id just rather have toast/chocolate/food in general" thing. The more I think about 5:2 the more i know that it probably wont work for me. Because I know that on my up days I would just mooch a bit of EVERYTHING in prep for the down days. And thats not good. Anyway....Im thinking about the Low GI diet... I need to look into this. I bought Rosemary Connley's books years ago...but her recipes call for a billion ingredients and it was all going to be quite costly. Then i bought some other book (I cant remmeber who wrote it) and I remember not really getting it through that either. I need to learn what you can and cannot have (and how much!) or a way to figure it all out...and then how to put it altogether to actually still be able to lose weight..and then maintain when the time comes. I also need to use up my pancakes if Im going to change my approach and go off VLCD. I dont want to change over until/unless I really UNDERSTAND what Im doing. Im considering just starting with a "For Dummies" book. But I dont need to know HOW it works and what GI is...etc. I know that. I need to know the practical application and how to actually follow it. I maybe need to hit up a book store to have a look and then order what I want online if its cheaper. I just dont know where to start. Im going to go have a sneaky poke around the GI boards....

hahaha looks like i actually already posted this very question on the GI boards and I remember it all now. I remember going over there and thinking that it was VERY quiet. Booo. lol. Anyway. I did get one answer to my question and the person suggest books by Rick Gallop which is the 2nd lot of books i got. and i cant remember why i didnt follow through with it. what i didnt like about them, etc. so i dunno. definitely think i need a trip to a book shop. Hmm...

I'm not sure I've ever properly looked into gi either but with your funny turns it feels like it would work better for you. And you can always incorporate your packs into a GI/VLCD fusion ;) ;)

I want tuna. I'm going to have some when I get home :) my butt is freezing on this bench! !! Brrr

Omg my bum when I got back from Brighton after waiting on a bench for the night bus for 45 mins last weekend, OH had to rub it for ages to warm it up haha. Our theory is that my bum is massive therefore the outside of it is really far from the blood circulation and that's why it gets so freezing :) that's the only time I don't like my big bum. Bug bums rule ;)

i did get my b12 jab actually..and my mood did improve! haha prob doesnt seem like it...but i cant feel it. and shopping coming between 5-6..so hopefully soonish!

i remember in january of 2011 i had gotten so sick of food from christmas the previous month that i decided to seriously start trying to eat healthier, get heathier and lose weight. so i joined the YMCA's january jumpstart....they gave you a 6 week trial membership for 24 quid and you had complete access to all the gym and all the classes. i did a class most nights for the 6 weeks and i did get in much better shape...and lost some weight but then i couldnt afford to continue. so at the end of the 6 weeks i just switched to doing my bev callard dvd - i hr long - every day. i did this and ate healthier....(but cant remember exactly what i was doing. calorie counting and watching carbs and trying to stay sorta low GI...ish? i think!?) and i did get from 270-odd to 251 by sometime in april. I felt great too. Then, tabby and i got a cold in early april, which lasted 3 weeks. we were soooo sick. and then we were booked to go to greece on the 1st May for 2 weeks. So by the time we got back in mid may, all the good habits i had put in place had gone. and i didnt get it back. but i remember feeling absolutely wonderful. lots of energy. fitter. rarely hungry. i need to do that again. trouble is..i cant remember what i did - foodwise. lol. i think i was keeping to either 1500 cals a day as i was working out for an hour a day. im going to sit and really try to think what i was having/doing and see if i can recreate it. i remember yogurts, apples and ryvita with philly and sliced tomato. lol. more than that...im not sure yet.

anyway. best sort something for dinner before asda get here. i hate eating too late.

I totally get where you're coming from, diet wise. It's a bit of a mare. But I've decided this week I'm going to work me out a "diet personality" - there are certain things I won't give up or struggle with that would make or break a diet for me.

For example...I love coffee, any plan that bans it (James duigans clean & lean, harcombe) is out. I do better on some carbs otherwise I go crazy & binge (paleo / Atkins...) but too many or the wrong type and I tip over the edge (sugar free is good for me). I'm great during the week as long as I'm organised and shocking at weekends. Fasting makes me binge. I need rules, but also an escape route (like a cheat meal) so that if I'm eating out etc I don't throw in the towel altogether.

All that stuff I know about myself, so I'm going to list it and see if I can find a best-fit diet or even make up my own. And go from there.

Another thought...have you tried the slow-carb diet? I had a friend who was v successful at it. It's an invention of Tim Ferriss (4 hour body) and is like low carb but allows pulses which will obviously favour you as a veggie.

Anyway, just some ideas to keep you thinking xxx

Back