Beelishy's VLCD Weight Loss Adventure!!

o0oh. never heard of slow-carb. im off to check that out now! thanks honey!

and yes...its an absolute nightmare..and honestly, i had hoped that by this point in my life I would have had it at least figured out...im 36, ffs! *sigh*

right..off to google!

haha no no...its good. I love reading about all of the possibilities and different diets. I really do believe that everyone is different and different diets suit different people better than others. Im trying to go for something, I think, that doesnt restrict fruit or veg and is veggie friendly. And its looking like Im going to just be making it up as i go along....cutting out sugar and keeping white carbs to an "occassional" thing. Avoiding bread, wraps, etc. as much as possible. Going for lower GI things...lentils...quorn and lots of veggies and fruit. Im trying to put something together on MFP but its so time consuming. And tiring. lol. I do know that I definitely want and need to get back to exercising, too.

And of course all of this means that even though Ive JUST had my shopping delivered...Im going to have to go pick up some stuff at the supermarket tomorrow. lol. meh.

Hiya Blades and welcome :) Thanks for posting! x No matter what, I always keep things real and try to be as open as I can. lol

Best way to be xx will enjoying reading xx i also got a diary

So Im plodding on...sticking to plan and I start to feel unwell. Light-headed and headachey and heart racing a bit. This, of course, sends me into a bit of a panic because of the funny episodes Ive had in the past. Those were terrifying. And I never want that again. So I had my last boiled egg on a slice of bread with a bit mayo. Not the best choice (would have rather had an apple!) but we have very little in the cupboards until the shopping comes later....so I tried to get some protein in there since it was outright unhealthy white carbs. Anyway. Im rethinking again. Im very much in a "lets get this done, FINALLY" mood right now...so its not just the usual "id just rather have toast/chocolate/food in general" thing. The more I think about 5:2 the more i know that it probably wont work for me. Because I know that on my up days I would just mooch a bit of EVERYTHING in prep for the down days. And thats not good. Anyway....Im thinking about the Low GI diet... I need to look into this. I bought Rosemary Connley's books years ago...but her recipes call for a billion ingredients and it was all going to be quite costly. Then i bought some other book (I cant remmeber who wrote it) and I remember not really getting it through that either. I need to learn what you can and cannot have (and how much!) or a way to figure it all out...and then how to put it altogether to actually still be able to lose weight..and then maintain when the time comes. I also need to use up my pancakes if Im going to change my approach and go off VLCD. I dont want to change over until/unless I really UNDERSTAND what Im doing. Im considering just starting with a "For Dummies" book. But I dont need to know HOW it works and what GI is...etc. I know that. I need to know the practical application and how to actually follow it. I maybe need to hit up a book store to have a look and then order what I want online if its cheaper. I just dont know where to start. Im going to go have a sneaky poke around the GI boards....

Im on slimming world & that teaches members to eat healthy but not to restrict yourself if u fancy chocolate or other naighty food etc xx most fruit and veg is free same as most meats in the extra easy plan xx you get healthy extra a thats calcium so milk or cheese and a healthy extra b thats fibre so cereals bread etc xx It may be worth looking into and i would help u along way xx

Ive done SW. Twice actually. lol. It hasnt worked for me. I ended up gaining weight as Im a veggie and I just fell into having too much pasta and potatoes. It didnt help me with portion control...or control in general, really. lol. Which is my main issue. I have a friend who swears by SW...it worked(s) for her and she loves it. But its not for me.

Im sure I will figure it out...eventually. lol

So today, Ive had a manic morning and have JUST now sat down, despite being up since 7. I have made breakfast for the hubby and girls, had a shower, bathed the girls, and cleaned up the horrific cat box. the kittens have diarrhea and have for about a week. im taking them to the vets today. but i had to hoover and wash out the hood of the box. gross.

im gonna have a coffee now.

I made 2 pancake packs and had some of them...the rest are sitting on the bench. Im stuffed. Sipping my coffee and relaxing for a bit. Vet appointment booked for 2pm today. And I rearranged hubby's hospital appointment (it WAS at 2:35) for 3:50 but its fine if he is a bit late. So he can come and help out at the vets and then scoot off for his appointment. Duvet is in the wash now as one of the boy must have got a bit of poo on his foot and then hopped up on the bed. Bleurgh. it was a tiiiiny bit....but gross. anyway. im hoping theyre not sick. really really. :/ ugh. simply cannot afford a big vet bill and also, cant bear tabby being sad if something happens to them. kinda regret getting them now. i love them ...theyre so sweet...but it was probably a stupid thing to do right now. I always make such crap decisions! seriously. *cry*

awwww don't worry cats have notiriously sensitive tummies they get diarrheah all the time! Especially in a new home or if their food changes slightly. When next door's cat moved from next door to ours the stress gave him diarhea (can't spell it haha) and then when he went back home after the first weekend he had it again! Any little thing throws kitties off unfortunately. I had to throw our duvet away when Poppy had the 5 kittens as one of them used it as a litter tray haha we think because it felt 'crunchy' under their feet they thought it was cat litter. Wasn't a bad decision - think how much joy you're getting out of them!

Stop being EMO! ;) ;) (I can talk lol remember the crying in a supermarket about the sad looking lady!) ... oh God that lady *sniff*

Hope all goes well at the vets - must admit ours are not all up to date on flea/worming/injections because of ££££ - if it was anyone else I'd say 'well if you can't afford them don't get them' but then we're all like...kittiieeeeesssss!! we love you!!!! We suspect Poppy has a thyroid issue as she's always begging for food but quite skinny. Need to check if that's covered on her insurance and get to the bloomin' vets love her. Last time I took her they said she looked in great health though and even her teeth were really good

One of them threw up in L's room the other day and it actually smelt like human vomit it was so rank. They must have eaten someone's leftovers - naughty kitties. And I did share a shortie biscuit with Poppy the other day she was loving it.

x x x x

Lyra never had bad tummy. Well, thats kind of a lie. He never ever had bad poos but he was a barfer. My gawd, that boy could barf for England. lol. He barfed almost daily. None of my cats have ever had bad poos, come to think of it. Ive been fortunate, I guess. Anyway. Im just making sure its not worms, really. Theyre eating and drinking fine and playing. Just..poo-y. It may be just their food isnt agreeing with them, too. Theyre on Royal Canin atm. But Ive never used that before, it was just what she had when on when we got them so figured best not to GIVE THEM A POORLY TUMMY BY CHANGING THEIR FOOD! lol. Argh.

ugh. SO EXHAUSTED!

well...that was £115 well spent :rolleyes: - that was for a health check (pfft) and some kitty version of immodium to stop them poo-ing so loosely. i still have to go get dewormer for them this week as theyre due another course on friday. ugh. lol lucky i love them!

Ive done SW. Twice actually. lol. It hasnt worked for me. I ended up gaining weight as Im a veggie and I just fell into having too much pasta and potatoes. It didnt help me with portion control...or control in general, really. lol. Which is my main issue. I have a friend who swears by SW...it worked(s) for her and she loves it. But its not for me.

Im sure I will figure it out...eventually. lol

So today, Ive had a manic morning and have JUST now sat down, despite being up since 7. I have made breakfast for the hubby and girls, had a shower, bathed the girls, and cleaned up the horrific cat box. the kittens have diarrhea and have for about a week. im taking them to the vets today. but i had to hoover and wash out the hood of the box. gross.

im gonna have a coffee now.

Yes when i first ever started SW I couldnt get my head round all the free food including carbs and i do have an issue with them as i tend to cook more than needed but started weighing them now. A pain but Ive invested in digital scales now so not bad now lol x

was thinking just now "ooh, i might go in and have a sneaky hours' nap. and then i realized the duvet is in the wash and the sheets are in the dryer. WAHHH!!!

Oh no thats bad timing xx Im going to do zumba tonight after kids are in bed then snuggled under duvet xx

Had another Home Ed mother and her daughter (same age as T) over today. Was nice :) Then made pancakes for the girls. And I had pizza :)rolleyes:) and hubby had a chicken kebab from pizza shop. Definitely starting SOMETHING tomorrow. My jeans are really tight today :( Saw the thing Lou posted but as usual...doesnt specify veggie alternatives....so Im not sure what to do. *sob*. Im tempted to take a couple of days and just stick to 5 packs and some quorn with veg for dinner. Just til I actually work out what to do (with food). I must be controlled tomorrow though. Its getting ridiculous. Beyond ridiculous, really.

It's soooo hard :( you always do best when you have your quorn and veg and eggs and packs so I say go with that for now :)

Lent today! Although I'm not religious I love an excuse to start a diet ;) ;)

Glad you met up with another schooler that sounds awesome xxx

It's soooo hard :( you always do best when you have your quorn and veg and eggs and packs so I say go with that for now :) Lent today! Although I'm not religious I love an excuse to start a diet ;) ;) Glad you met up with another schooler that sounds awesome xxx

Am so with you on the excuses to start a new diet!!!!

Back