Beelishy's VLCD Weight Loss Adventure!!

Morning

Well done!!

Yesterday was fine.

Im just puzzled by these cramps, post-totm. So not going to weigh again til friday or saturday.In today as I have a redelivery coming. T wants to write a letter to my sister...so will do that today. And finish our paper mache heart. She wants to paint it. A very chilled out day on the cards today. :)

M was down another 1lb today. 275lbs - yay.

have a nice day today!

have a lovely lovely day - sounds like nice chilled out activities :)

Stupid womb - why does it do that to you :( :( I guess it's the equivalent of after giving birth where it's shrinking back to its normal size/shape. Don't know about you but I found those almost as hard to bear as the actual birth! :( funnily enough, that is pretty much the only pain that paracetamol actually has an effect on for me. The nurse told me to take it and I was 'pssshhhhh' but it did work so that shut me up.

I've got a headache brewing I'm downing painkillers and beta blockers :) go away pain I don't have time for you!

I only had the after-birth pains with Zoe, really. With Tabby, I didnt. Weird, huh? With Zoe, though, some of the after pains were absolutely agonizing. Actually WORSE than the birth. That said, my labour and delivery with Z was only just under 3 hours. :) And with T was just under 5 hours. I was lucky in that way. My mother was the same. Very short labour/delivery times with both me and my sister. My poor auntie was in hard labour for nearly 3 days with her first. Bless her. This was back in the day when they just left you to it! haha. Eek. Eventually, they figured it wasnt happening so they gave her a c section...but not until she was fully sick of her life and could absolutely take NO MORE. lol. Anyway. I have always had horrendous periods and lots of pain and hormonal crap associated with TOTM. As I type this, my ovary (its always my left) is twinging and causing me pain and grief. lol. So..im kinda used to it. Well, used to the fact that it happens. Not the used to the pain. I dont think its possible to get used to that. Bleh. Anywayyy. What ever. It is what it is. I just want the scales to stop messing me about. !!! lol

We sponge painted the paper mache heart and I think its quite pretty :) heart.jpg

Its drying now and we will hang it up on the wall later tonight or tomorrow morning. Aww. :)

Ive just had my 2nd pack of pancakes a.k.a. - lunch. With a lovely cuppa. And Ive had about 1.5L of water so far already. Granted, it was in the form of squash, but still...it counts in my book. And its much more than Ive been drinking lately. So thats progress. Postie has just been and girls are nearly done with lunch so I am absolutely going to have a nap with Zoe today. Might leave T up on her own if she wants. She's so grown up now...she doesnt like having naps anymore and would much prefer to play in playroom (in peace, while her sometimes-annoying-baby-sister is asleep) and make up games on her own, etc. And she's 5 and a half (nearly) so...I let her. Its not like Im leaving the house. lol. And she's my good one. I can absolutely trust her. lol. Zoe isnt getting left to stay up on her own until she's like...80. She would stab someone/something or paint all the walls or tear up the carpet. Or jump off the table and break her neck. Aww, my precious little lunatic <3 But T is so sensible and she comes to "check on me" periodically while Im sleeping. "Momma, are you ok? Do you feel well? Are you sleeping well?" *feels my head, presumably for a fever*. hahaha Bless her sweet little face.

Omg. I cheated today and had 5..yes FIVE grapes. They were just SO good. I had one accidentally...you know, as you do when prepping food for others...lol. And it was SO good, I decided to have a few more. OMG. Yum! Thats the thing I think that I miss the absolute most on this diet. Fruit!!

So. Eggs for hubby again tonight. I wish he would eat quorn. *wah*. lol. I really loved making ONE pan of food for the 2 of us but I just cannot eat eggs EVERY DAY the way he can/does. lol. Im having quorn again tonight and then will probably have eggs tomorrow with him.

Aw! Little T what a cutie! !!

Lol@5 grapes!

I did read this post yesterday but then had to go to bed with a stonking headache so I was in bed about 12 hours and didn't get round to commenting

Sounds like you had the kind of day where you are so glad you get to be an at home mum :) and J was getting up on his own while I slept at that age. ..is perfectly fine! ! Not L she still doesn't like getting up without me because she is my little limpet and I love her :)

Well done on a successful day!

Xxxx

Right. NOT a clue what is going on. But I am LIVID.

I wasnt going to weigh until saturday, but you know me....that was never going to happen. :rolleyes:

247!? WHAT?! Fkn Really?!

So thats it. No more evening meals. They werent bad but perhaps the salt is too high or something. Anyway. No more. Im getting NOWHERE. And Im fed up.

M was 274 this morning. at this rate, we will meet somewhere in the middle around 260! Nope. Not having this crap. I am not torturing myself only to tread water. So im going to coffee this morning with M and my girls. Ive had a coffee and a pack of pancakes. i will have another pack later this afternoon, Im going to boil a couple of eggs in case I get insane with hunger later and i will try to double up my last 2 packs for dinner tonight. Enough already.

Oh and Im thinking about getting one of these http://www.amazon.co.uk/Garmin-Vivo...=UTF8&qid=1426148522&sr=8-12&keywords=vivofit

i dont like fitbits, plus, I hate going along with "the trend" - I never had an ipod for instance...lol. We had an MP3 player, but it wasnt an ipod. Such a rebel. lol. So anyway..I just like this anyway because I like the display. Whereas the fitbit doesnt have one.
Anyway...Maybe i will ask for one for birthday/xmas.

So...was out with M and my girls and all was going fine. Ordered my coffee and an easter cornflake cake for each of my girls but resisted cakes myself. Fine. And then by end of natter and coffee, about an hour or so...started to feel shaky. Ignored it. Walked around the shops a bit...getting slightly worse as the minutes ticked on. Ignored it.

Got in her car and headed to petrol station and tesco and within 5 mins...was in quite a bad state. But didnt let on because dont want to hear "blah blah blah your diet is unhealthy blah blah" from people. Dragged myself through tescos and got home and pretty much nearly passed out. had to lie down - heart racing, pouring sweat, shaking uncontrollably, light-headedness. I sent hubby a text and told him what was happening and he asked if he should come home. I really wanted him to - it was that bad - but it has such a crappy impact on work that i said not to. i took Z in with me as she was due a nap anyway and left T up. Z and i slept and I feel better now although not 100%.

I have decided to call time on VLCD for me now. You girls know that if i c0ckup I just come out and said IVE C0CKED UP. But I havent. And Im gaining. Or not losing. And every few days I have felt on the verge of one of these turns...my blood sugar cant seem to regulate on this now, for some reason. And today was pretty much it for me. I was so good. I didnt have a cake. I didnt have anything naughty and still. So...Im going to the metro centre on Sunday as we need to look in Primark for some PJs for the girls anyway...and Im going to look in waterstones and whsmith. I want to try a GI diet. Something that will get the weight off but most importantly - keep my blood sugar balanced. And Im going to start working out again. get my strength back up and try to tone as much of this flab as possible.

Not entirely sure what to do in the meantime but will figure something out. I have some quorn in. Might go to the shop tomorrow and get some veg and make a pot of low carb soup. Shopping SHOULD come saturday but will have to put that off because I dont want to do a shop saturday and then get a new book and need to order more stuff. So I will have to delay that. So depending on weather, will pop to our little asda tomorrow and get some stuff to get us through til tuesday.

Im absolutely not giving up. And its going to take me longer...but I will get there. :)

I think vlcds definitely have advantages but for me they were too mentally and physically draining.

I hope you find something that suits you next...there's so many options out there :) good luck!

your health has to come first, these turns sound terrifying especially when you have babies to look after

GI I think is a similar philosophy to low carb and the science behind it definitely makes sense to me

We chop and change but we stay dedicated to the cause :D :D (see Lou's 2:5/1:6 philosophy based on no science apart from I WANT TO EAT CRAP SOMETIMES)

xxx

I do think GI makes sense for keeping blood sugar in balance. I was feeling generally yukky with the really low carb but think GI or better GL which takes account fibre and the positive effect that has on blood sugar eg you'd be allowed Jacket potato on GL because the fibre slows down the sugar release but the GI is pretty high.

That might be more info than you need!!

Morning

Its me - the fish-out-of-water! Who knew being on VLCD for so long would make living (and eating) "normally" so foreign! Ive not been on any plan as such for the past few days. Just getting fatter but also trying to grab the reins and figure out how to just eat NORMALLY again. Initially, of course, (this is ME we're talking about it) I was in "STUFF IT ALL INNNNNNNN" mode...vlcd and fasting has given me that fear of being hungry.....the desperation to shove as much as possible because my subconsious knows..or thinks it knows that i will be starving (literally! haha) again soon. Its very unhealthy, but Ive recognized it for what it is and have tried to talk myself through it. So I have gotten through that, mostly. Its going to take time. Ive also had to overcome my fear of anything that isnt pure protein. Yogurt...for crap's sake. Ryvitas. These arent scary things. Ive completely lost sight of the fact that ALL FOODS ARENT EVIL. This is something I didnt expect to have to deal with. VLCD has sorta reprogrammed me, but in some ways its for the worse, Im sad to say. Im not against VLCD and if i could hop back on the wagon and not be unwell on it and just get back to where i was, I would totally do it...and then go back to normal food for the rest of the journey. But I am now aware that it wasnt just helping me to see that portions can be tiny and you can still survive..and that protein is best...etc etc. It has some pretty frightening negative mental side effects too. Which, lets face it, I already had plenty of that anyway! lol

So ive ordered several (ok...3) Low GL diet books by 3 different authors. Im going to read them through and see how I get on. Ive read (most of) Nigel Denby's GL "for dummies" book. Which was good, but quite outdated as it stated that "recently it has been advised that its fine to have 1 egg a day"....so this was back when eggs were seen as something to severely limit blah blah. And he also promotes using fructose. Which...HELLO...its just as bad as the other "versions" of sugar that he said to stay away from. But I get the gist of the plan and the idea behind it and it seems very sensible and healthy, in the main. Ive also ordered a new DVD player as ours is about to crap out AND we've lost the remote. And I dug out a few of my 10 minute workout dvds. So Im ready to get going...but I have to hurry up and wait. lol.

In the meantime, TOTM made a brief appearance yesterday (spotting) and I can only say that my body is SO messed up, hormones and mind and...yeah. I really need to get myself back on track and work to get HEALTHY. Not just slim(mer)...but actually HEALTHY.

So...today I am off to M&S with my friend M. She has to get some trousers for her one of her kids (he is in a constant state of getting holes in the knees of his school pants!) and I might have a look at their easter eggs. I had bought some at lidl but I let the girls have a few of the mini choccy eggs (the ones in the nets) from there and they were vile. lol. So im worried the cheap choc bunnies I got them will be equally awful. lol. I was just in an Aldi "OMG LOOK HOW CHEAP IT IS...BUY ALL THE THINGS!!" mode when i bought them. lol. Really, Id much rather they had some lovely stuff for easter. And I might get something nice for hubby too. A few years ago I got him the giant walnut whip. ButI cant remember if he liked it or not.

Anyway...Im slowly finding that the desperation and fear are subsiding and Im (sorta) slowly gaining control again. Im looking forward to being able to work out. And looking forward to getting back to feeling the way I did in 2011....my last major "get healthy" regime before VLCD. I was stronger...fitter....in control and more toned..and i was almost exactly the same weight i am now..when i went off that plan (due to illness and holiday). So ....here's to getting back to that. :)

How is everyone doing? xxx

Im craving home cooked, yummy food. Actually...quite healthy stuff. I just dont have much in at the moment. I really want to try the quorn "beef" strips in a fajita salad. but i havent got much in. Got the quorn and the salad but i would like to have some peppers and onions with the "beef" and would love some creme fraiche and/or guacamole and salsa on top. yum. Was going to go to the shop but T seems to have a bit of a cold and I dont want it to get any worse. So i dunno what to do. *wah*

Last edited:
Been having pots of danio with some jordans (sugarless) museli mixed in and ryvitas (plain with some balsamic drizzled on them or with cream cheese and tomato slices on), warburton's seeded loaf slices, toasted with a bit of flavoured hummus. mainly. just trying to cobble together food until we can get actual groceries. lol.

Morning

The 2nd of 3 books came yesterday. The first book was...pretty bad. This is going to sound horrible, but seriously....Denby doesn't fill me with a huge amount of confidence when he says that its fine now to have an egg a day (LOL...one whole egg a day, huh?) and he uses fructose - A LOT. But more than that....he's...podgy himself. So either he isnt following his own plan...or he is and it ISNT WORKING.

I got the 2nd book yesterday... http://www.amazon.co.uk/Diet-Recipe...011679&sr=8-3-spell&keywords=maggie++panrnell

and i LOVE it. Its printed on lovely glossy paper, lots of big, gorgeous photos (including some step by step photos in the recipes)...nice decent sized print. Clear and concise blurbs on various foods and on how the diet came about and how it works and GI vs Gl..etc. It also has plenty of veggie recipes. Which is a huge added bonus. The recipes are easy enough and dont call for miniscule portions of obscure ingredients that you will use once and will then rot in the back of your cupboard. And (this is a big one for me) not everything is a fkn curry (i hate indian food). This is a huge problem for me in this country...diet or not...all cookbooks ive ever had or looked at have a boatload of "curry" recipes in them. The tastes here are totally different than in the states and so i find that i often wouldnt even consider making most things in a cookbook because half of them are curries. But this book has quite a few recipes in that look delicious and quite simple. I havent finished reading it yet...so I will reserve my final opinion once ive gotten through it. But so far, Im very very pleased with it.

Tomorrow we start. I know the scale is going to be absolutely brutal. I know it. So Im just going to take it and move forward. Im already trying to detach myself from the number and mentally make it its own entity...if that makes sense. So...tomorrow is the day. We have lots of fresh stuff in....and will be having meals, like proper meals. Im pretty excited. Im thinking, though, that I might just move my diary because all this food talk isnt really fair. Not that many people (VLCD or otherwise) read it...but...I just feel...awkward! And I would hate to put you guys off. Either that...or I might make a new diary. Undecided still.

So Im not sure what we are going to do today..if anything. I need to get to M&S for easter eggs. Did I tell you about my debit card fiasco the other day when I went to m&S with M? Oh man. I took £20 out of my stash because I needed to pay her back for the show ticket she got (me, M and her daughter and either our other friend M or my M's son are going to see another expat in a production of hairspray next month. sounded like a good idea at the time...but at this point, M nor I really fancy it...but we've paid for the tickets now...so...boo. lol) and I figured - I have my card so I dont need to take any more cash. Except when we got to the til in the cafe - I handed M the £20 and went to pull our my card...and it wasnt there! So she gave me the £20 back. lol. Needless to say, I didnt have enough to get the eggs so I have to go back. Might go today. Really though, I just want to go back to bed for an hour or two. Z had me up before 7 this morning. No bueno. :(

Have a nice Sunday, all! :) xx

why don't you make a brand new diary for a nice new start :)

Tell M to let you go back to bed for a bit and have a tantrum about it ;) I'm in bed wa hoo! Watching a youtube doc about the NHS rn :) there's ages until easter you don't need to get the eggs today :D

Glad your 2nd book is better it's good to have some nice recipes to follow and plan for, excited for your new regime tomorrow and hearing all about it. I've faced the scales this morning...just about to update my stats *cry*

Back