Beelishy's VLCD Weight Loss Adventure!!

Hiyas

Nope. of COURSE I didnt get to the walk in centre. Because my DARLING spouse, poor soul, was just SO FKN TIRED THIS MORNING THAT HE SLEPT IN UNTIL 9am...even though I said at 3am that I wanted to be at the walk-in AT 8am when they open because otherwise it fills up and takes hours and i just didnt have the strength to deal with it. "Ok", he said. AND THEN SLEPT HIS HAPPY AZZ UNTIL NINEOFKNCLOCK. I was thisclose to walking into the bedroom and punching him in the nose. hahaha. seriously. Im not violent. But. WOW.

He woke up (finally) and said "good morning". I didnt respond. He said it again...louder. I said "GOOD morning? No it bloody fkn well isnt, thanks. Well....i suppose it is for some". Luckily for him, my throat does feel significantly better in the light of day so Im 99% sure this is a virus and there isnt really anything they could (or would) have given me anyway. And as it seems to FINALLY be clearing a bit on its own....he is slightly off the hook. Although he has been informed that he was completely selfish and wrong and d!ckish in this instance, undoubtedly. He felt lower than pond scum, I could tell by looking at him. I think he honestly was just shattered and didnt really hear us get up. Still. Jerkface.

Anyway. We decided last night after looking at exante website and calculating that we just cannot afford to continue on packs and neither of us is prepared to do vlcd without the other. Its just not nice. So we are going onto food. cals at 1200-1300 (tops) and carbs will try to keep around 110-125 (i have no idea what "normal" carb levels should be...but i want to keep them low without being vlcd low.)

I will probably start off with some Leslie Sansone miles and build up. Once this virus shifts.

So we went to morrisons (i cant stand that shop. its very old fashioned-y and doesnt have a lot of the stuff that i buy!) because it ws POURING rain and freezing and it was the closest we could get to in a taxi (keeping costs down! lol). We had a whip around the shop and got a few bits and bobs to get us through this week as my tesco was just delivered yesterday afternoon, before we made the decision to go onto food (of course) and we hadnt bought anything for US. lol. So..we are sorted now.

Then we brought the stuff home and put it away and went to the pub (its around the corner) for lunch. I had a roast dinner (sans the meat) and it was lovely and warming and filling. Z fell asleep so had to wake her to get her coat on to come home but luckily the rain had finally stopped for our walk home.

Tried to put her down for a nap when we got in and settled but she just sang, played with my hair, poked me playfully, kissed and sniffed my face loads, tried to escape, tantrumed etc....So we gave up and got up.

Then it was now. Pizza for dinner. And I finally ordered a microwave (M is having WW ready meals for his tea this week). I havent had a microwave since i blew mine up trying to make that weird vlcd shake into a cookie in the micro (did i post about that? it was absolutely ages ago. probably about a year!). So yeah. That will be nice. :)

My plan for the week ahead is something like this:

B: 1 sachet quaker heaps of fruit porridge
L: Cheese & Tomato OR Egg & Tomato sandwich on burgen bread
D: quorn broccoli cheese escalope with broccoli
S: WW greek style yog/Apple

942/105 - so i need to add something else to get my numbers up a little, possibly a few boiled eggs. or i might make a pot of soup (quorn and veg) and have that at lunch with my sandwich. Not sure.

right. off to sort dinner. no clue what we'll have and its already 5:30 lol.

Glad you're feeling like it might be turning a corner. Is it bad that I'm thinking 'awww' about M realising you think he's pond scum lol.. They're all a constant source of disappointment to us ;)

Food plan does sound sensible I'll watch with interest this week :)

Xx xx xx

Morning

omg we girls are not well.my throat is much better but now i have a bunch of congestion. and Z is snotty and chesty too. :( standing out in the cold and rain yesterday for FORTY minutes waiting for the taxi ( the taxi company is usually good but this is the 3rd time in 5 years that they have been utterly appalling. the taxi took 50 mins to get to us in the end yesterday!!!) to bring us and the shopping home from morrisons has set us back with our illness. Z is by far the worst, poor peanut! And last week, Louie got his claw into M's shin. So he cleaned it up and put a plaster on it. Took the plaster off last night and its a poke hole but around it its like...reddish brown and about the size of a penny!! looks very....unhealthy. so HE went to walk-in this morning!!! hahaha. im sure that what we have is viral so there isnt any point going to walk-in. they dont give antibiotics willy-nilly and even today with being a bit worse...Z is still sitting besides me scoffing a donut (she goes completely off food when she's really REALLY ill) and earlier she was jumping along to peppa pig..and singing (in a sad little hoarse voice. aww). So I know we feel like crap but it isnt serious. we need to stay inside and keep warm (its been not very nice the last 2 days up here). and try to get some rest. M is off tomorrow instead of today because he has to go to the hosp. for his monitoring appointment...so switched days (usually off mondays). and the damp guy is coming tomorrow. i cant be bothered really but i want to get that over with...so...thats fine. the guy will hopefully arrive earlyish and get cracking..and M doesnt have to be to the hosp til 4:10 so the guy should be done by the time M leaves. fingers crossed.

Feeling ill and sorry for myself has lead to me having left over pizza for breakfast. BOOHISS. Im going to go have my first coffee and try to warm up (am freezing). I feel much better and quite hopeful about this plan....but just dont feel like putting into practice just yet as i feel SO CRAP. lol. I just kinda..cant be bothered with anything. I just want to sleep.

So. Have a lovely day all. I will try to keep piggieness at a minimum.

:( oh it's horrible to feel poorly and know your girls are feeling the same way :( :(

You def needed the PROTEIN from the pizza (the cheese) ;)

snuggles and keeping warm is all you can do :( do you think the damp is making it worse and when that's fixed it might help?

:(

Thinking about Z singing Peppa Pig in a sad hoarse voice *sniff*

I thought about that, you know...the damp. There are 3 patches but its not really *that* bad. I always assumed that dampness only really affected people when it developed mould, which this has not. So I dunno. I think its just a case of North East of England Weather Suckage. So we get lots of colds and as we got this virus right off the back of having just had a heavy head cold...we had weakened immune systems anyway. I could (and probably am) be completely wrong though. I just know that I want us all to be over it.

Zoe is now singing "the baby on bus says wah wah wah". hahah. And in my head I said to myself "so does the sick momma with 2 sick girls. wah wah wah". rofl. Im nuts!

I think we are going to go for a nap now. Today suckkkkssss. lol

Oh man. Now T has a temperature. *sob*. She's been told she has to lay on sofa and stay put and she didnt really argue....and she's had a few bits of the fruit salad I made for lunch...but not all of it and she's left all of her crisps. Which is a clear indication that she isnt feeling well at all, as if glassy, tired eyes and her temp werent indication enough! I do wish she had slept (i dont think she did) when we went in for a nap. I think Z only slept about an hour and i dozed off and on. Im so drained. Im body-tired and sleepy-tired. I could go to bed til tomorrow.

boo.

Oh no! !! :( you need a team of nurses to sweep in and look after you individually including fanning you/giving hot water bottles as necessary, providing nutritious snacks and making soothing sounds

You must be at the end of your tether! :(

Trying to post from my mobile. Often is v v hard. So forgive any typos!

Ended up at the walk-in cntr yesterday with both girls after M got home. T had dwveloped a fever and started to vomit and Z had become very fractious and kept drifting in and out of sleep, seemingly unable to fully wake up and was also tugging at her ear and crying. So off we went. Got them both seen and turn out tabbys ears, nose, throat and chest all were clear but she dis have a temp so he gave her some calpol. Zoe, however, has ear and throat infection and was given amox and calpol and kiddie ibuprofen. They both got doses of meds at the clinic and prescriptns. We missed the chemist next door to the clinic by 5 mins. Why theyre not open until the clinic closes at 8 i do not know. But theyre not. So we got in a taxi, dropped M at tesco on the way home. As soon as we walked in the door, T barfed up her meds. Knew she would and had been secretly praying she disnt throw up in the taxi. Well, she didnt. But I couldnt give anymore calpol and there was no point because she'd have just barfed again anyway. Within an hour Z was awake and much more chipper than she had been.

T opted to sleep in her bed (it is directly next to ours) so we got everyone settled down for sleep around 8.30 as we were all exhausted. T pretty much passed out whereas Z was a blabberbox for ages. Finally she dropped off and M and I got some sleep. T woke up being sick at about midnight but she got it all in her bowl and M rushed over to help her. Got her cleaned up and cleaned out her bowl. All went back to sleep and an hour later T was up sick again. Got it all cleaned up and then we all slept til about 6:40, which was far more sleep than I expect we would get.

So today the damp guy comes at 10 and M is in cleaning up and Im in with the girls on the bed. Theyve been allowed ipads in bed as we have no telly in bedroom and we need to keep them in here and out of the guys way.

And no, im not better but no, i didnt get myself seen yesterday. It was just a bit too much. And tbh, im the least unwell of the 3 of us. My throat is mostly better and the rest i can cope with.

Stupidly i forgot to bring my laptop in here so i will go fetch it in a bit.

Right now..im just keeping an eye on T. She had about 1/6 of a piece of dry toast and water this morning. She was begging for breakfast and "pink milk". I hate telling her no but these things have to be eased back slowly.

So, fun fun fun in our house. Lol

Exhausted.

Stayed in bed most of the day. T is better in that her fever seems to have broken and she hasnt been sick since the middle of the night last night. Ive slowly given her bits to eat and finally she just has had a few chips and some pb fairy toast and a few grapes for dinner. She much more chipper than she was yesterday, bless her. However, she's also struggling with her sinuses far more than she was yesterday. But I'll take it. Id rather that than sickness, if I HAVE to choose. I always stress about dehydration when theyre throwing up. It makes me nervous to no end. Z has been about the same. Happily playing and singing and chattering away. But very snotty and congested. M even, at one point, complimented her on her "crusty snot 'tache" - hahaha ew.

I feel about the same as i had...and still tired. Of course. M is back at work tomorrow so we will see everyone feels and namely how T does through the night tonight...and then..if theyre no worse (and hopefully a bit better!) i will try to get started on this food plan.

The damp guy was pretty quick...had it all done and was gone in under 2 hours but by gawd he left a mess. and that was AFTER he hoovered up after himself. he has obviously dripped mucky plaster water in various places on the carpet *sob* and there is masonry dust all over the place. ive wiped down the surfaces of things in the livingroom, which...because we have so little furniture etc, that wasnt much. But its in/on the carpet and the skirting boards. *achoo*. M is going to try to clean up. Which is good because, although it needs to be done, I am not at all inclined to do it right now. Ive just got no strength for anything extra. Extra meaning basic life functions for me (food, loo) and looking after my girls. All other things can just wait, for now. I do really want and need a shower though. ugh.

So. That was my exciting day. *yawn* is it bedtime yet?!

Glad the little ones are slightly better, a few more rest days and you should be grand. Leave the mess and dust it'll still be there at the weekend, no hurry ;)

Bloody messy damp man (worst superhero ever. ..just goes around making his enemies' walls slightly damp so they eventually get chest infections)

Xxx

Morning

honestly. ive had about as much as i can fkn take.

yesterday evening T started to say her ear was hurting. *sigh* We left it, not knowing if maybe she was just tired and cranky. Well...this morning....again "my ears and my neck (throat) hurt". and Im still not over this crap i have either. So M stayed with Z at home and T and I trundled off to the fkn walk-in again. saw a nurse practioner who said that i have fluid in my ears but its clear. and my throat is a bit irritated but its not angry enough to warrant any meds. then she examined T and said her ear canals are very red but her ear drums look ok so its fine. (wtf?!) and her throat is also a bit irritated but not angry enough to warrant any meds. so we have a virus and to "take paracetamol and rest". the usual BS answer/advice you get. I even told her that Z was just in on Monday and was prescribed amox. But no. So I wasted time and money and stood out in the cold for 25 mins just to be seen first. For nothing.

Its a whopping 6C right now...with a high of 11C. It always amuses us in the North when theyre like "The country is experiencing a heatwave!!" because we never do. and the "whole country" never includes the north. anyway. i hate the weather up here. i am so fed up with it. it was the usual; thick grey cloud and windy and cold when we went out.

so...i think we are going to just go get in bed. ive pretty much run out of energy.

:( :( you poor lambies This absolutely sucks! !!

You need a sunshine holiday just lazing around. . Pretty impossible running after a toddler and, you know, cos $$$$$ :/

I think the world is telling you to rest... chance would be a fine thing! !!!

And now poor T's eyes are pouring green discharge. This has happened to her before when she had a particularly bad sinus infection/head cold when she was little. I was scared it was pink eye and took her to the doc only to be told that its just part of her illness. Same as her nose...it comes out via her eyes. Theyre all red, watery goopy and look hurty. My poor girl. :(

Oh little T bless her heart :( :( xxx

I have an injured daughter she has pressure washed her foot and taken the skin off and it's all weeping :/ Gah! Why didn't I make her wear shoes!!

We're watching Good Mythical Morning on YouTube, you and T might think it's funny :) :)

Xxx

Back