Beelishy's VLCD Weight Loss Adventure!!

She kicked off big time and is now milking it for all its worth ;) To be fair it kind of scuffed off the top layer of her toenail! Brutal!!! Lesson learned for sure. I keep joking saying she has had a special pedicure she doesn't think it's funny ;) love her xx if it's still weepy and nasty in the morning I'll have to pop to chemist before school to get a bandage to put on so it doesn't stick to her sock. ...ouch!!!!! I think she's really holding out for a bandage ;) kids love to get a bandage!!!

Patio is now about 1/8 pressure washed it's going to be like the forth bridge :D (which incidentally was engineered by OH great great uncle John Fowler) and I haven't done it in a methodical way I got bored and started walking around just doing lines and wrote a hash tag in it etc it's a bloody mess now. Then I just started spraying the patio doors for LOLZ I'm such a fkn child.

Poor L. I hope its better today. :/

Lol....I would have been doing perfectly even sections...im so ocd.

Terrible night again. And pretty sure T's eyes will be stuck shut. Might take her to gp today. Z has amox and has shown definite progress. T hasnt and is getting worse. It'll mean a 20 min walk round trip to queue for a guaranteed appmnt because its just the luck of the draw if you try to ring in early for a same day appointmnt. Most times I cant even get through on the phone. So will walk to gp office and get a spot from receptionist.

Will see how she is when she wakes up. Was very unsettled and sounded horrible in the night though. :(

When I was little the doctor used to come out when we were ill but the NHS is a bit more stretched now! Shame. Poor little babby T

Glad z is on the mend though, that's 1 out of 3 ;)

Layla's wound has got fluff on it like where it was weeping I'm going to get some cotton wool etc in a min and see how much she wails when I clean it :rolleyes: I'm sure I wasn't that much of a wimp when I was little....I probably was though!

Morning!

Poor L. I was absolutely that much of a wimp when I was little. i was forever taking the skin off the tip of my big toe becuase i used to play out in the summertime bare foot. so was kinda used to that...but i remember once i fell off my bike onto a huge, scrapey rock and it chewed up my knee really bad. I was inconsolable for HOURS. DAYS. lol. It was so painful. But I grew up into someone with a pretty impressive pain tolerance, I think *toots own horn*. I had my girls without pain relief because I was petrified of an epidural and there wasnt really time for anything else. and I hated gas and air. bleh. So i just went at it completely without. hahaha. I would get it cleaned and then dress it so it doesnt attract anymore fluff. *shudder* Ive had wounds like that before....all weepy and *gag* so gross and HURTS SO MUCH. Poor L :/

Tonsillitis is the one thing youd have thought i would have had at some point but never have. I had a friend who had her tonsils out when we were little because she had tonsillitis every other month, it seemed. She was always in agony. Bless her. My thing was childhood asthma and chest infections. Chest infections are still my thing, actually. Boo. Im actually thankful that whatever I have hasnt turned into one. They are miserable. I had pneumonia once and it is absolutely vile. Anyway. Bleh!

T's eyes were, in fact, completely stuck shut and swollen. I tried to wipe them with cooled boiled water but i didnt have any cotton wool or wool pads...nothing! So I tried to use loo roll and it just disintegrated (obvs! ugh) so figured that would just irritate her more. Ended up just plonking her into a warm bath and going at her eyes (gently!) with a wash rag. When we got the first eye open, oh...what joy. She was really upset when she woke and couldnt open her eyes or see. And I think she really did think she would be stuck like that...as most 5 year olds would. My poor girl. But when i got that first eye open for her....she exclaimed "I CAN SEE, MOMMA!! I OPENED MY EYE!!" I did the other one and she was so thrilled, it was like she wasnt ill at all. Bless her. The steam and warm water also helped to dislodge some yuck from her nose. We emptied out the bath and washed away the yuckies and then i bathed her properly in fresh water. I think she feels better in herself for it. She's still very very unwell. Her eyes are red and a bit swollen. They look sore. But they arent itching or bothering her....and there hasnt been any more discharge since her bath over an hour ago. So Im hopeful (and pretty sure) that its just her body dealing with the sinusitis and not conjunctivitis. Im hoping that I see an improvement by this afternoon or tomorrow. Z is still very snotty but aside from that she's pretty much normal. Playing and jumping around and eating fine. T is still a bit off her food and currently laying on the sofa playing minecraft on M's old iphone. (She's milking it!!!) M went out this morning and walked into town (a mile each way! lol) to get some cotton wool. Only the co-op was open and they only had cotton pads...which i reckon will probably be better, should i need them. He got back and I made him a cup of coffee and some toast before he had to walk the mile back into town to work. I can fault him for a lot but he has been brilliant since the girls have been ill....fetching, carrying, doing dishes, cleaning up, looking after T in the night when she was being sick, while I was stuck with Z.

Anyway. I feel exactly the same as i have for about 3 or 4 days now. A bit of a sore throat (much worse at night) and some sinus-y yuck. And exhausted. lol.

I cant believe my Z will be 3 in 18 days!

I was a tonsillitis kid too had my tonsils out and adenoids when I was 8 my mum had to keep a diary of when I had it, it was ridiculous. Oh god I remember how sick I used to get I couldn't lift my head and just threw everything up :( but yeah, doctor used to pop in at some point and give us a prescription so no need to leave the sofa :) and inevitably my calpol would just have kicked in and I'd be running around when he knocked at the door and my mum would be embarrassed! !!

I'm convinced that being ill all the time when I was small is why I never catch colds etc now, it sucked at the time but my immune system is nice and tough now. So hopefully that is what your girls have to come in their future. ..a rocking immune system! !

I always used to get conjunctivitis and ear infections too I was a wreck haha

Glad M has stepped up and been a superstar :) :)

Got that non adhesive dressing stuff to put on the weeping wound, cleaned all the fluff out and bandaged on top so she has a proper war wound to show off at school. She is limping when she remembers to ;) love my little drama queen! !!!

Omg once this boy crashed into my sister when she was on her bike and her nail bent back against a wall and just came off. Another time her foot slipped off the pedal and she cracked her coccyx on the bike seat. We were always having bike accidents as we lived on an estate with lots of places to play (and get hurt) my kids are so pampered compared to us! !! I crashed into a 'big boy' when I was 4 and punctured behind my ear I still have a scar

Ah good times ;) ;)

Xxx

Soz. .. Going on a bit there ;)

hahah "when she remembers" - bless.

So far T's eyes have been ok...theyre still red around the outside and a bit puffy and watery and her left eye had a teeny bit of discharge but she seems chipper. She isnt running around like normal, but i wouldnt really want her too. She's still very sinus-y. My poor girl. Z is definitely better than she was. not 100% but not terribly far off, i dont think. was tempted to just start giving T the rest of Z's amox. *frets* dunno what to do for the best. They obviously had/have the same thing. I dont know why they didnt just give them both the friggin amox. i know....they dont want to over-medicate blah blah. but i dont get why they would treat one with amox and not the other when any muppet can see the have the same thing and the amox is actually working...so why didnt that silly woman give me some for T yesterday? *frustrated momma*

I didnt really have an injury prone childhood. I was poorly a lot too...but this was in another country so different strains of these bugs...and hence why ive been sick at least once every 3 months pretty much for the last 10 years - since I moved here. i am always catching something. i also think the dampness in the air here, compared to the desert that I am used to, weakens my lungs and makes them more susceptible to illness. anyway. i would much rather it was me that was ill and not the girls. poor things.

currently sat here having a carb fest of a quesadilla and a packet of walkers french fries. :rolleyes:

I need to sort my life (life...meaning...fatness. lol) ouT!

Just had chips and a colleague bought me a packet of custard creams as we were joking about them yesterday. Carb City

Need to get back on plan. ... Tomorrow ;) bought 2 cream apple turnovers this morning and ate them in the car shameful behaviour! !!!!!

I just saw the custard creams post in recently updated section as I was eating a custard cream! Lol so obviously had to say hi. And comment on the fact I've been trying really hard last 10days to get back on it but was out last night, tonight and for the next 6 nights out of 7. I'm struggling! HELP!!

Up to page 10 in your diary x

hahhaha. i just ate a WHOLE BAG of that walkers mixups popcorn. and it WASNT EVEN GOOD. *sob*

Right. I feel sick and also am fed up. Im going to do a tesco order later tonight and putting an end to this nonsense. Ive lost the plot a bit, I think.

I feel siiiiiiiick. To be fair, thats all ive had today other than a banana...but still. Good grief.

:yuk::9529:

I just resisted this:

image-4121739046.jpg

Woah. ..You're a better woman than me! !! I'm still mainlining custard creams they're nearly all gone now Yes. Monday for me ;)

pmsl - mainlined custard creams!!

I'm going to like this thread!

So B as I'm only on page 10 (you're doing a VLCD and just lost 11lbs and your girls have a cold)... I will probs read the whole diary (I spend 2hrs a day commuting and read fast!) but can I ask what plan you're on at the moment?

Are you still doing VLCD? X

Im not on ANYTHING right now. And as you read on you will see that it changes MANY MANY times...but I always come back to vlcd. Im hoping to do a version of, combining packs with low carb food. I think.

My husband has decided he quite likes vlcd too but its too expensive for us to both do it...and neither of us will agree to do it without the other one...and lately it seems to have some funny (not funny like LOL....funny like...quite ill) side effects on me for some reason. So I dont know what Im doing, exactly.

Lou. Step away FROM THE CUSTARD CREAMS. I cant get one cuz yer in the fkn way, biotch. hahahah *oink* :D

Sensible food tonight after WholeBagofPopcornGate. Bleurgh. A quorn broccoli and cheese escalope and a mountain (ok...a hill...a small hill) of broccoli. :D

Back