Beelishy's VLCD Weight Loss Adventure!!

Morning

ugh. Im all snotty (again) this morning and my throat is sore again ( i had one whole day of it being better, waaah) and my eye was all crusted shut this morning. *CRY* stupid meetup. lol

Im really tired of being cold now. Its nearly May. :( Got up and the flat was freezing so had to put the heating up.

No vomit to deal with yesterday or last night though. So yay!. Z now just sounds very congested. So lets hope she gets over this soon (although, Tabby still has it too!!) and then we can just MOVE ON. Im pretty sure mine is just a light cold and a dry throat. (pleasepleaseplease)

I havent done my morning weigh yet. Im gonna go now.

Meh - 249.6 - so Im up .6 from yesterday or the day before (cant remember! lol) - but whatever. So thats 5lbs off for the week for me. M is 272lbs which is actually up 2lbs since yesterday (he was 270!) which is really surprising. He has stuck to plan, very strictly. But there you have it. This diet does weird things sometimes. Will update siggie and stats.

I would have thought that...but i usually get itchy when its allergies and sneezy. And Im not either of those. And with T and Z having every bug possible over the last few weeks....and being out in the chilly wind yesterday. Im feeling better now that Ive been up a bit and had a coffee etc. Im sure it was just cold wind induced sniffles. Im gonna stay in and warm today and it should be completely fine tomorrow. :D

I got up this morning and it was 2C outside. The high for today is 8 or 9C - THIS is the NE for ya. Brrr. :( lol

take that 5lbs with both hands and don't let it go!! :D :D

I can tell the pollen is out as L is getting eczema on the back of her knees and is sneezing like a loony :D and J stuffy and grumpy

Snuggle up today :) sun is beautiful here today but chilly (my fave weather though) - my phone says it's 6 degrees

Perfect conservatory weather (but I don't have a conservatory!!)

Riiiiiight.

So today was a bit of a disaster. Start again tomorrow. (well...NOW).

Wtf is WRONG WITH ME.

I was perfect all day until about 3:30 and then i turned into a human hoover.

I "only" have about 2 stone to lose. I can surely stick to it long enough to shift that, ffs.

Riiiiiight. So today was a bit of a disaster. Start again tomorrow. (well...NOW). Wtf is WRONG WITH ME. I was perfect all day until about 3:30 and then i turned into a human hoover. I "only" have about 2 stone to lose. I can surely stick to it long enough to shift that, ffs.

Believe me this was me yesterday. Monday's are usually my amazing day where I end up in negative calories. Was sick yesterday am so got to work v late and had 80 calories of a protein shake. It was noon.
I then had a 300 calorie salad 30mins later. Excellent you might think....then:

- cadburys caramel * 2
- m&s Belgium bun
- m&s hot cross bun cookies *3
- Starbucks raw raspberry and fruit bar
- Starbucks berry oaty thing
- wasabi chicken yakisoba take away

Zero exercise. WTAF?!!!

Luckily today, woke up, 100% on it and happy to report an incredible exercise / food day feel a million times better for it :)

Tomo is a new day and your pancake prep idea sounds like a great plan xx

Morning!

LOL Blondcat. I used to be able to do this for WEEKS at a time. of course it was hard...but it was never THIS hard. The fact is i havent got my head in it.

Had a chat with M last night and he was saying that he worries about me on this and that it doesnt seem to agree with me anymore for some reason. I agree, to a point, but I said....I have set myself 2 stone to lose. I can either do this PROPERLy....ACTUALLY DO IT.....and get there within 2-3 months. OR I can go off and try the food and exercise route and stumble around (like i know i will because i always do!) and hopefully, possibly, maybe (but probably not) make it there by christmas. HELLO - duh. I have started to see this as a punishment and a chore, rather than as an opportunity - like I used to. I will always rebel and struggle if I feel like Im being punished and deprived. But in actuality I am (still!) a grown up. I have (still!) decided to this. Nothing has changed since the first (or second...third ..etc) time I did this. There still is NO ONE forcing me. If i want to go to the shop and get chocolate and eat it...I CAN. If I want to go make 12 slices of toast and eat it....I CAN. But that isnt healthy either and I dont want to be this weight anymore, because it isnt nice and I am in pain with my hips. So. I am going to do this.

I will still make my pancakes...all of them...this morning and that way I have them there and I can see exactly what i have to eat for the day. No more temptation to pick or to have anything else. This is costing me a fortune and its costing me time and its prolonging the discomfort Im in. So, its already nearly May. If I stick to it, I can make it to my goal by sometime in July. YES PLEASE.

So. This morning, after the carb fiasco yesterday, Im back up to 250.8

Its nearly 7.45 and M and T are still asleep. I need to wake him up and then start making pancakes.

Have a nice day all! xx

Food today:

1 x babybel (had this already with some ibuprofen for headache)
pancakes 3x 3/day sachets & 1x 4/day sachet
150g quorn w/ cauli

905/77

I hope you don't think I'm a patronising tw*t here but have you ever thought about a normal healthy eating style approach?

I'm the same as you I think I want the fast crowd pleasing mega results that come with low carb VLCD. So I fast hard then binge. We're 4 whole months into the year and I could have lost at least a stone by now just eating relatively normally. But I haven't because I'm caught up in this ridiculous binge starve cycle. I need to have the strength to accept a 1-2lbs a week steady weightloss and live a normal life. But it's so hard. That's why I wondered if you'd ever tried?

Yep. I have. :) For me, its not just a matter of calories in, calories out. My body simply doesnt respond well to that. Its WHAT the calories are comprised of that makes a difference to my body. I will have to go back to healthy eating but the key for me is to learn to make that a lifestyle. Obviously, it hasnt worked for me in the past. lol. In January 2011 I joined the YMCA gym and I went to a class every night for 6 weeks and I didnt lose anything at all. In fact, I gained a few pounds. At the end of the trial period (it was on offer for 6 weeks) I decided to stop going and just work out at home. Which i did. 6/7 days a week for 60-75 mins every day. I kept my cals at 1500-1800 cals (depending on the day) and was eating very healthily. It took me from 1st Jan to 1st May to lose just over a stone. I did feel stronger, obviously, and healthier but the weight comes off so slowly, and as I had about 100lbs to lose at the time...it just wasnt cutting it for me. It was soul-destroying. This diet has worked the absolute best for me. So I need to get back on track and get this off...and in the meantime, really work on my mental relationship with food, triggers, and just changing my mindset. Properly changing it. And of course on an actually food plan for eating healthily. Its tricky in my house because there are 4 of us and we all eat different things. So at dinner time, for instance, I have to make 4 different things. Im a vegetarian. My husband is not. My eldest daughter is very very fussy. My youngest is not as fussy. So I need to be able to manage it all and make sure we are all fed and happy but healthily. For now, this works best as my husband is doing it as well..so it makes the whole process a lot easier and less stressful.

I will get there in the end. :)

Right. Food today. I got 12 of the blighters. lol. Its 3 3/day packs and 1 4/day pack. I have a few more 4/day packs, and will do this until theyre gone and then just go back to having just 3 a day. I should also be back under 17st by then. Ahem. So these and then quorn and cauli for dinner. DONE. :)

foodness.jpg

Morning lovely! Plan for today sounds good :) forget yesterday..it is gone ;)

Why are we so fkn mental?!

Blondcat - my dream is also to break the starve/binge cycle but it's like we all don't want to attempt it until we're already thin :rolleyes:

Good luck today everyone! Let's tick off a day at a time :)

Ive made my quorn and cauli into soup. Exactly what I wouldve had tonight, just in a pot with lots of water. lol. Its freezing here today and I need something to warm me up but need to limit (the milk in) coffee.

brrrr. will have half for lunch shortly and the rest tonight for dinner. We are also going to Smyths toys tonight for Zoe's prezzies. Eeek...5 days until my baby is 3. cant hardly believe it!

working on the water!

Back