Been a struggle lately

Bellybee

Silver Member
Hi Guys,
I am a bit disappointed in myself as I was going great guns and really enjoying the diet and then I hit the same point I always hit and I am feeling a bit like it is all too hard.
I know I can do this but I need to get through this point. I havent made any plans this week as I am on a later shift so this makes it worse and I had a naughty day on friday which i know will show a gain.
Add to all this that my scales are broken so I cant have a sneaky weigh in and I am pretty fed up.
I need to try and kick myself up the bum but I am not that flexible yet. Also I have noticed because I am not motivated I have drifted away from the forums and I do not like that.
Right I have sort of half a plan for tomorrow. I will have poached egg and beans for brekkie, Mullerlight mid morning, chicken roll and fruit salad and jelly for lunch.
Just need to get dinner sorted I want something quick and simple.
In the house I have pork loins or lamb fillets to use up.
So has anyone got any good meal ideas to keep me on track for tomorrow and beyond. I dont like tomato and I dont wanna wait more than 30 mins for dinner.
Any help gratefully recieved except I am off to bed now.

Hi Bellybee,

Just wanted to let you know I have been feeling exactly the same! I have been so so motivated, but just the last few days I have been on self destruct. I've not been on here properly for about a week and need to get back on it. The forums are a huge help so I will be here much more to help me get back on plan fully.

Let's give each other a kick up the bum to get back on track fully as we both know if we carry on, we'll have bigger gains and will soon be right back where we started.

So some things to think about-
What were your reasons for starting this in the first place?
Were you happy with your size before you started losing weight?
Do you think you'll be happy if you gain the weight again?
Do you feel more in control when you are following the plan properly?

I know for me I still want to lose the weight - I want to be happy healthy and wear all the clothes I want. I also want to slim down for my 30th (next month!!)
I was miserable about my size before starting SW - I've gone down nearly 2 sizes and that feels fantastic.
If I was to gain the weight again, I would feel like a failure, I would hate having to get bigger sizes again
I always feel better when I am on the plan, I feel strong and confident and in control.

(Now can I listen to my own advice???)

Good luck!! xx

Great advice!
I've been abit lacking in the stickability stakes this week. I'm off work for a week, and the family are coming today and I think I've put some weight on but I'm not going near the scales till my WI NEXT! tuesday. I think it's natural to fall off the wagon now and again, the trick is to get back on asap before much damage is done. I shall enjoy the family coming today then go back to doing my food diary, it always helps.
How about a stir fry with the pork? Always a healthy option. I never mess about with lamb, i love the taste too much.

Thanks for all of your help.
I definitley wasn't happy or healthy before I started the diet and I really do want to lose this weight to make me healthy before my husband and I try for a baby. I am still not healthy yet but I was a lot happier when I was at least making an attempt to lose weight.
I think i will trim the lamb up and throw it in the slow cooker with garlic and rosemary on low then when I come home we can have lamb with SW roasties and salad.

You are so right judimac, if it can be nipped in the bud as soon as you realise you're slipping off plan, you can really minimise the damage. I've got my food diary out and ready to use too. :) Good luck for the week and enjoy having your family over.

You can do it Bellybee.

You've got a brilliant motivation to lose the weight and SW is such a healthy plan that you can still follow it during pregnancy.

Your meal idea sounds lovely. I think I'll have roasted veggies and cous cous with chicken. I've got tons of courgettes growing in the garden, so expect courgettes will feature a lot this week ;)

I need to hit the shops tonight as I've not had enough quick food in the house so I am getting to the point of being reaaaally hungry then just grabbing rubbish. (naughty!) ;)

Stick at it! :D

Hey hun. if your that desperate to know id get yourself down to your boots, the bigger ones usually have those fancy big scales.. 1. i susually find by the time i getd own there i dont want to weigh myself whilst others are walking about and its too much effort.. or if i do, atleast i know if iv done any damamge and get my ass in gear!

It sounds like your just in a bad place, which you are familiar with. Atleast you recognise this, and now is the time to figure out hwo to deal with it, so that you know how to deal with it the next time. We all have down days, .. you just need some extra motivation and to get excited about food again! Your meal ideas sound lovley!.. *hugs* Best of luck :) xxxxxxxxxxxx

Back