Been ill and synned...

evilpenguin

Not evil at all
Hi everyone

This week I've been really unwell and so has my bf, so the plan has been out the window with neither of us having the energy to cook anything. We had a chippy one night, tinned soup another night which I'm guessing is high in syns, and other such nonsense - no real food whatsoever. Despite this I still lost 2.5lbs at class tonight, and I went along even though I thought I would have gained and am still feeling rotten.. so I guess that shows I'm dedicated...

But now I'm home, and I feel so depressed that I let it slip and I'm worried that next week it'll catch up with me :( I really want to raid the cupboards to console myself but I know it won't solve anything.

Does anyone have tips on how to get back into it and undo the damage I done whilst ill?:eek:

xxxx

sorry to hear that you have been unwell, but i wouldnt say that you have done damage..... having the energy to cook when ill is hardwork and you still managed to lose weight.
just try to keep on track and you may be surprised next week, and if you have put on weight,then forget about it and start from new..
keeping on track is hardwork......keep posting on here will help

good luck

sharon x

i'd suggest trying to make one syn free vat of soup that'll last a few days but you may not feel up to it. If you are though... it'd be lots of meals from just one (big) cooking effort. otherwise, i wouldnt worry to much about SW while you are poorly. These things happen and 1 week off wont matter in the grand scheme of things... as long as you try to not go too mental :) most important thing is that you get yourself better. take care xxx

Also out Counsellor told us that its not what you do week to week, but the week leading up to weigh in if that makes sense? Like it doesn't take 2 weeks for a fish supper to catch up with the scales, it will show that week.

Also, its done now anyway, so just draw a line under it and move on. In a worst case scenario its one bad week on the scales out of all the other good ones you will have. It will in the long run, be totally insignificant if you get let it be, and get back on track.

What will make it significant is if you do raid the cupboard and one bad week turns into 2, then maybe 3.

Dont feel you have to "punish" yourself by seeing a gain on the scales to validate the notion that the things you are were "bad". Just take the loss, be thankful, back on plan and see what next week brings.

Whoosh, quite a rant for me at 7:45!

Hang in there :D

You may have been having syns in the meals that you had, but I don't suppose you were eating snacks and treats that would usually make up your syns either. Hopefully the two have outweighed each other. Regardless - there is nothing you can do to go back in time and change it now. Don't waste energy focussing on the negative. Look forward instead. Are you back to normal now (I.e. feeling better and able to prepare SW meals), or is it worth colecting some ideas to quick and easy meals for this week?

Made me think actually - although I don't usually buy ready meals, I might get some in for emergencies. (If I get ill my o/h would enjoy the opportunity to eat naughty takeaways every night!) Or might just get some tins of the soups that can be eaten as a heathy extra.

My consultant says it doesn't take 2 weeks to show either so I would keep the thought of the 2.5lbs you lost this week without even trying spur you on :) if you can do that while you're ill just think how much you can lose if you want to :) Good for you for going to class still, that has been my problem in the past that if I had a bad day (or days lol) I didn't bother going and it's all too easy to properly fall off the wagon then.

Sorry to hear you've been ill and hope you're feeling better soon :) xx

Thanks everyone. Lucky7 I definitely recommend buying in things to stash incase you're ever ill and unable to stick to plan. When I'm ill I either go totally off food and don't eat at all, or the complete opposite and I eat everything, especially comfort foods.. this time I was starving:(

Today is a new day tho - got my weeks food planned, I'm back at work (unfortunately), and trying to push myself to get my 1 stone sticker at class next week :)

You've done really well considering you've been ill. You still managed to lose weight! Hope you're feeling a lot better now. Take care hun, ZX

i was going to say the same as the above poster.hope your feeling brighter today.xx

Well, you're sounding very positive, so you'll do great. Fingers crossed fot the stone award next week!!

xx

good luck for next week EP - ive just done a food shop cos i had got stuck in a rut with nothing nice in the cupboards :( heres hoping my Waitrose delivery tomorrow morning will help me plan better for the week! woop! x

Back