Been on diet 5 days and no weight loss!!!

nicola172

Hi everyone!!

I have now been on the Atkins diet for a total of 5 days. I think I am going through the ketosis that evryone is talking about as I have been experencing dreadfull headaches, very very painfull headaches. Not been having the metal taste tho???!!

I have been eating:

Breakfast- Greek youg and rasberries
Lunch - Egg salad or eggs and bacon
Supper- Pork chop and veg or chicken and bacon salad.
followed by sugar free jelly and cream.

I am exercising 5 times a week for an hour.

No sugar in tea. AND IVE LOST NO WEIGHT!!!!

HELP!!HELP!! Am I doing it right?

Hi Nicola

sounds like you're eating all the right things, just check how many carbs you're consuming in the Greek yogurt and raspberries though, I made a smoothie using these ingredients before and I calculated it was about 8g carbs just for a small glass.

Failing that- me and my friends don't lose weight or not as much as we had hoped the weeks we exercised. I find I can lose 4lbs a week without exercising, whereas the weeks I work out it slows down. I don't get the logic behind this, but I've heard it's because your fat is turning to muscle. Try and go another 5 days not exercising and stick to under 20g carbs a day and you will find you will have lost. I know it flys in the face of everything we are told!

Steph xx

The yog & raspberries may be giving you an insulin hit in the morning - that's why they are not recommended in Atkins original induction. Even if within 20g for the day, try to have 15g from veggies, avoid fruit for induction & generally spread the 20g through out the day

As example (altho I am on maintenance) I only ever eat a few berries with cream after a good low carb meal so no insulin spike

Also agree that exercise changes the equation as holding on to water plus building muscle. No need to stop unless weight more important than shape!

Good luck

Im having the same problem now, been on it since Monday and its not budging. Have you done Atkins before, a my friend told me your weight loss stalls when you keep coming on and off it :( x

I've done a number of restarts and lost every time.

If you follow the induction rules faithfully (and that means no fruit or yogurt!), then you will lose weight. If you're not losing, then you need to re-read the book and adjust your menus.

Sorry if this sounds a bit harsh, but there is always a reason why people say they aren't losing :)

It's not harsh Hun, it's good advice. I was so glad when it turned out my weight stalling wasn't due to coming on and off the diet. Turns out the book actually said you will stall when you cheat whilst on the diet, and I wouldn't expect anything less to be honest!

Hi Nicola, have you lost any weight yet?
I'm starting again but not having much success. I did it years ago and the weight flew off, Sometimes I think it doesn't work second time round. Is that it maybe?

Back