Been really sick!

Emmenelle

Day 8 and I've felt a little 'off' all day and had a bit of tummy upset this morning (sorry, probably tmi...).

I've soldiered on with my shakes and soup but I've just been really sick - nothing but CD pack tasting fluid (sorry):(

I'm panicking now as I've been doing so well but at the moment, the thought of any of the flavoured shakes I have makes me reach! So hoping that after a nights sleep I feel differently, if not, not sure what to do?

I guess if I feel really off, I could do a whole day on just water? I suppose that's all you'd do under normal circumstances, isn't it?

I'm sorry that you're feeling so unwell. As I've only been on CD for 2.5 weeks, so don't have any experience with what you're going through - perhaps you're getting a cold?

If you don't feel better tomorrow, you should call your CDC and/or consider having some protein.

Get better!

'normally' you'd have some spare energy in reserve..and spare nutrients.. so you're probably best
a) checking with you gp/nhs direct
b) keeping your fluids up and trying to keep something down you even if you don't fancy it
c) prioritising your health over and above your diet (hopefully the two can be the same). Talk to your CDC and see what they say - if they're not sure they can always contact cambridge health advice anyway so there should be someone who can advise..

don't go without anything at all when you've already been on a VLCD.. that's just too little especially for a poorly body

keep warm, and get well soon xxx

Back