Been to see my GP

Yeah that's what I'm thinking as I've started having a boiled egg in the morning with breakfast to get protein off. There were bits of meat too that were maybe 6-7g of fat per 100g but actually once I cut any visible fat off, which I do anyway, it probably brings it under that.

I had bacon medallions egg mushrooms & tomato most mornings using fry light & it always really set me up for the day x

Does the total amount of fat in a meal matter or is it just it needs to be less than 5g per 100g in each thing?

Ok thanks, that's useful to know. I thought there'd be more info in the box with the tablets as there really wasn't much the doctor told me at all. It's crazy really that there isn't some kind of official guide to all this.

Ok thanks, that's useful to know. I thought there'd be more info in the box with the tablets as there really wasn't much the doctor told me at all. It's crazy really that there isn't some kind of official guide to all this.

We are the nearest thing to it ;) x

I know, don't know what I'd do without you all!! Poo my pants probably haha

Every Friday me and some ladies from work go to a local cafe for lunch, started taking my tablets tonight so I'm not sure what to have. They do omelettes and if I asked would probably make me an egg white omelette or they do a Slimming World (less that 5% extra lean mince) chilli and chicken curry. What do you think I'd be best with?

Every Friday me and some ladies from work go to a local cafe for lunch, started taking my tablets tonight so I'm not sure what to have. They do omelettes and if I asked would probably make me an egg white omelette or they do a Slimming World (less that 5% extra lean mince) chilli and chicken curry. What do you think I'd be best with?

The chilli or curry would be ok I am sure x

I had the chilli and have been absolutely fine. I double checked it was the less than 5% fat mince and it wasn't a huge portion.

Just wondering, what happens in a situation where I won't know how much fat is in something or say when we have tea at my OH's parents? Can I not take a tablet for that meal or am I still risking side effects because it's in my system?

Caz said:
I had the chilli and have been absolutely fine. I double checked it was the less than 5% fat mince and it wasn't a huge portion.

Just wondering, what happens in a situation where I won't know how much fat is in something or say when we have tea at my OH's parents? Can I not take a tablet for that meal or am I still risking side effects because it's in my system?

You'd be risking the side effects, hon, because they'd still be in your system. I'd just explain to them before you go that you're on a low fat eating regime. :) xx

I've been told it's 3 days either side so to have one meal out of the rules you'd need to be off them a week but not sure how true that is....

Oh really? I didn't know that =/ OH's mum always has a world of good intentions but isn't that good at sticking to 'the rule' bless her. That's annoying! Probably a good thing though really.

Sounds like you're on a roll! I think you'll be really surprised how "unrestricted" it really is. I've had steak and chips tonight... I have bacon and eggs most mornings... once you find your feet and start looking at the labels in everything you'll soon see that it's not as bad as you thought. :) its certainly not all salad and diet food in this house! We all eat the same meals and no one elae notices! :) Good luck! :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

How does it work with things like say bacon where it's more than 5g of fat per 100g but I cut the visible fat off?

Feeling the tablets tonight, nothing major but can just feel them. If that makes sense!

I use bacon medallions when using bacon tbh. They're already lean and saves the bother! :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I do medallions too & I was ok with eggs, had a cooked breakfast most days as for me protein always filled me more

I used to buy medallions but they work out so much more expensive that I buy normal bacon and basically cut it down into medallions. Hmm... might try it today, see how I go.

Still feeling fine on it so far, there was a point last night where I needed the toilet and though it wasn't an 'I need to go this second!' I did feel like I needed to go quickly, if that makes sense. Everything so far has been less than 5% fat and had a total of 30g yesterday across two meals so at the top end of the range but still ok.

I used to buy medallions but they work out so much more expensive that I buy normal bacon and basically cut it down into medallions. Hmm... might try it today, see how I go. Still feeling fine on it so far, there was a point last night where I needed the toilet and though it wasn't an 'I need to go this second!' I did feel like I needed to go quickly, if that makes sense. Everything so far has been less than 5% fat and had a total of 30g yesterday across two meals so at the top end of the range but still ok.

See I tried that but trouble with me is that I like the fat & it broke my heart cutting it off lol!

I found once I got over being constipated that I was looser I suppose is the best way to describe it so i would say what happened is normal...

Back