Been too busy to post boo! :(

Cherryade

Im a regular lurker (and poster when Im not manic busy) but its our busiest time of year with our business so I havent been lurking or posting for a week or two.

Good to see some newbies in the fold :)

All still going fine here, havent slipped down a carb slope although I did do an experiment. This is my 6th week (I think - 5 or 6 Ive stopped counting as its just a way of life now) and I used to get dreadful sugar headaches before when I was carb-queen and I havent had a single one (I used to eat painkillers like sweeties) so when I had a very low carb day I ate one of my childrens very small chocolate bars - like a mini twix thing - it wasnt a craving o anything was purely to see how my body reacted to 9.6g of utter sugar - to see if it was sugar causing all those headaches before.

1) I didnt even like the taste it was SO sweet - never again
2) I had palpatations
3) Almost instant headache (that wouldnt go all night)
4) I even got a bit stroppy - I guess mood swingy

Now I remember all those symptoms from before esp the fast heart beat (my dr said I am glucose intolerant - not diabetic and thats all part of the sugar intolerance).

I cant believe I used to live like that alot.

Resolve as strong as ever and Im glad I did it although I felt so rough - as its shown me that I was right before - my body doesnt like carbs and sugar even tho I once did.

I can honestly say that despite my weight loss still only being around 7lb since I started, Ive gone from a sz 20-22 to buying my first ever clothes in Next - size 16-18 yesterday. Something Id wanted to do for a long time. I went in thinking Id be about a sz 20 (with any luck) and couldnt believe it when they hung off me.

I love this way of eating and living.

So to any newbies thinking about giving atkins a go - DO IT!! I cant believe how much my life has changed in such a short time and all cos I wised up on how to eat best for my body (and taste buds lol).

Well done you. How much have yo lost doing atkins? I am presuming not 44lb in 6 weeks haha. If it is I am eating what you are eating from now on cos I have been on it the same amount of time and only lost 12lb. I love it too I am never hungry and don't get cravings its great.

xx

Hi Cherry, nice to see you post again love. :)

Well done you. How much have yo lost doing atkins? I am presuming not 44lb in 6 weeks haha. If it is I am eating what you are eating from now on cos I have been on it the same amount of time and only lost 12lb. I love it too I am never hungry and don't get cravings its great.

xx

Its still only 7-8lb but its coming off which suits me!

I lost most of it with slimming world but plateu'd for months and this has kick started my weight loss again and makes me feel so much more in control.

Congrats on your loss Em

Back