Before & After Photo Thread of Inspiration!!! Post Your photos here!

Thanks for that love. I'll go and try it now.

Izmirka - fantastic

Well done, you look great, You should be very proud. You look younger, happier and trendy.
Your photos before and after will innspire loads of people wondering whether it's possible to achieve such a fabulous transformation.
BL . LOVE the Debenhams pictures. Have you got used to your hair yet? :clap::clap::clap::clap::superwoman::0clapper::0clapper::0clapper:Tiny bum in the jeans. Looking good girl ! :happy096::superwoman:

Started Lighter Life mid-January 2008... The 'after' picture is Mid-October 2008.

Not finished my weight loss yet, started LL again a week ago after a naughty Christmas! :D

8stlater1.jpg

Everyone looks so great! All i read on this forum is about success stories.. really makes me believe it is possible. It's so easy to think to myself there's no point because I'm never going to be able to do it, but I can't be so different from everyone else? Well, unless I'm just a lot lazier than everyone else on here.

catkins anyone can do it if you put your mind too it

Everyone looks so great! All i read on this forum is about success stories.. really makes me believe it is possible. It's so easy to think to myself there's no point because I'm never going to be able to do it, but I can't be so different from everyone else? Well, unless I'm just a lot lazier than everyone else on here.

My dear, at the beginning of my journey I was thinking the same, looking at the success stories and never believing it could be me. The trick is to take it one day at a time. Don't think about the immensity of the task ahead. Don't think about how long it'll take. Just live your life with a structure of whatever diet you're doing (Lighter Life in my case) and make little goals for each week that you can manage. Little goals add up towards the big goal in the end. :)

Dear God, I know I have done well, but just look at izmirka

I can't hold a candle to that Frankly. Well done love.!!

What a nice bunch you all are! And so inspiring, thanks everyone! Well I certainly intend to put my mind to it, it's just I am worried about finding excuses easily.. like people coming to stay, going away to places etc...That's part of the reason I've picked the cambridge thing I guess, it's so easy to cheat yourself on Weight watchers etc and say well 1 bun won't hurt but 1 turns to 2 then you feel you have failed and just give up..

If I'm being really totally strict as I'll have to be on cambridge then it might just work.. But I'm also quite ashamed I suppose. Apart from to my boyfriend, I kind of pretend I'm a skinny person in a bigger body, I don't know if that makes sense but I never ever talk about it to anyone. This means that I think if I'm with family etc and they want to go out for a meal, I won't have the guts to say look I can't.... I'm dieting! I guess I just don't want anyone to make a fuss.

If I'm being really totally strict as I'll have to be on cambridge then it might just work.. But I'm also quite ashamed I suppose. Apart from to my boyfriend, I kind of pretend I'm a skinny person in a bigger body, I don't know if that makes sense but I never ever talk about it to anyone. This means that I think if I'm with family etc and they want to go out for a meal, I won't have the guts to say look I can't.... I'm dieting! I guess I just don't want anyone to make a fuss.

I was very ashamed of myself too when I started, always asking 'How did it come to this?', and I always used think in my head somewhere that I'm skinnier than I actually am.. It's a mechanic we have worked out to ignore the reality. We don't see a big person in the mirror. We don't admit to our problem ... In fact now that I'm 8 stone lighter, I FEEL fatter than when I was at 18st 7. Maybe because I'm more aware...? I don't know.

The excuses will come, there is always something that hangs in the balance of starting something new. But at the end of the day, you just have to dive right into it, and screw whatever will come. Events will always happen, you just have to make the best of them with the lifestyle you've chosen. I've been to restaurants before clutching a powder shake, I've been to bars and pubs just ordering water instead of a nice drink...! It will work out as long as you're prepared to do it.

:)

Yeah totally! I just avoid mirrors ha ha.. But then it's not like it's sneaked up on me or I don't know why it's happened. I know it's because I don't exercise enough (especially since getting made redundant!) I eat too much and more importantly I eat the wrong stuff, I just love chocolate, biscuits and cakes! So I'm not totally in denial. It's so good being able to talk to people that know what it's like now I found this forum!

On a separate note, Minerva- You look brilliant. I just don't understand how it can be that people whose BMI over 25 is considered "overweight" when you, by no stretch of the imagination are...!!!

In fact now that I'm 8 stone lighter, I FEEL fatter than when I was at 18st 7. Maybe because I'm more aware...? I don't know.
:)

so true. i didn't really look at myself much when i was bigger, and i didn't notice just how fat i was (well, except on pictures:D those scared the living hell out of me), but now, because of the fact that my life revolved around CD for almost 8 months, i am a lot more strict about myself and get annoyed at my big belly, huge thighs and large butt:) but i am at a stage where i just need to accept how i look, as i don't plan on developing an eating disorder:)
i'd love to be a size 6-8 though... :)

Izmirka - it will take a very, very long time to like yourself.. I'm still finding this aspect very difficult. But at the end of the day, when you look around you, people are are overweight and are just happy with themselves - aren't they beautiful? Obsessing over looks is unhealthy and makes you worry too much. So what if your *insert body part here* are a bit flabby in your perception? Chances are over-all you look fabulous. I was told that if I lost any more I'd look out-of-proportion. Perhaps it is important to consider that obsession can lead to an endless battle, no matter how thin you are you will always see yourself as inadequate. There is a time, I believe, when as a person, you need to take a step back and look at your achievement as a whole. Maybe not you personally, but, ... well you know what I mean. :D Size 6-8 is a little bit ... small. I mean it's the golden standard apparently according to society nowdays, but at the end of the day - there is a line you need to draw, and ask yourself truthfully, are you happy with what you have achieved? Look around you and assess what it is you truly need, and want. I'd suggest have a go at maintaining it. That's the hardest part of all!

Yeah totally! I just avoid mirrors ha ha.. But then it's not like it's sneaked up on me or I don't know why it's happened. I know it's because I don't exercise enough (especially since getting made redundant!) I eat too much and more importantly I eat the wrong stuff, I just love chocolate, biscuits and cakes! So I'm not totally in denial. It's so good being able to talk to people that know what it's like now I found this forum!

On a separate note, Minerva- You look brilliant. I just don't understand how it can be that people whose BMI over 25 is considered "overweight" when you, by no stretch of the imagination are...!!!

Heeee, snacking - snacking is tasty, I admit, but like me, if you have a problem, actually buy some tupperware, and decide on snacks you can have for the day! Divide them, a few squares of chocolate, some crisps, and have a little bit at a time throughout the day! A little can stretch quite a while if you savour it! :) Enjoy it, eat it slowly. Take a square of choc, or a crisp from the box, and go to another room, and take tiny bites...! You're less likely to go back for more if you take it away!... at least in theory. ...

Lol, and BMI isn't necessarily the best measure for these things to be honest, even if someone is "overweight" in BMI doesn't mean they can't be happy (or that they are actually fat at all, I mean an absolutely muscular person can be clinically obese according to that thing!)!

:D But thank you ever so much for your kind words! I believe I need to work on self confidence a little more, then I will be happy no matter what I look like.....! ;)

Back