before and after photos

nzmegs

Silver Member
Hi guys - I have finally sorted out a couple of before and after shots. One is my signature and the other is my avatar. I wanted to keep the before photo as my avatar as a reminder. I hope you can see the difference - I certainly can!

Wow what a beautiful face shape you have. Your short hair really shows your great face to its best advantage. I'm a make up artist and beautician so I notice these things. Well done on continuing your maintenance. I'm just finishing off LL RTM and swapping over to low carb eating which I know you do. You certainly look very healthy on it.

Thanks Rhyannasmum! what a lovely thing to say. I wish i could apply makeup - I am useless. I had to get my husband to put my fake eyelashes on for me on the weekend. I don't exactly have a steady hand. I also have a lazy eye and can't see very well to do my right eye.
I am lucky to be able to pull off short hair - not so much in the before photo though!

Hello again nzmegs. Our stats are similarish and I know I've read that you are following the same sort of long term eating plan as I want to adopt. I wonder if you'd be kind enough to share some info with me? Roughly what daily carb intake do you have?. Do you know if this keeps you in ketosis? Do you keep an eye on your cals at all?

I'm thinking my cals should be in the 1000 - 1500 range. Carbs I was thinking keep it under 50g? Is that too high? I don't test for ketosis, but it's tempting to stay in ketosis if possible to keep hunger surpressed. At the moment I'm on about 1000 cals a day and about 30-40g of carbs and still losing at about 1.5lbs a week, but quite soon I'm going to need to maintain.

Any advice, hints or tips gratefully received.

I keep my carbs at about 30 - 50 grams a day and my fat intake is very high sometimes at more than 100 grams. protein is usually around 100 grams. I imagine this means I am in ketosis, but I am not sure. In any case - I am rarely, if ever hungry. The only way to avoid having increased carbs - but still increasing your calories is to eat more fat. I eat cream, peanut butter, full fat cheeses and plenty of butter. it is satiating and really keeps me away from sugars. Last night - my treat was some strawberries and cream. The first time I have eaten fruit. it was nice - but tasted very sweet. I found I needed to cream to cut the sugary taste.

I do watch my calories - but I find it very hard to eat more than about 1800. I find that if my fat is high and my carbs are low - the calories don't really matter. But I have noted that when my calories increase. my weight will increase too. So I think you should still keep it in mind - just don't worry about it too much. Listen to your hunger signals - your body knows how many calories you need each day and it will vary.

read my diary as well - I tend to put more detail about what I am eating there.

Wow. Thanks nzmegs. Just had a thorough read of your diary. It's so good to find someone making the long term eating plan I have in mind work.

For now I am going through the motions with my 8 weeks of LL phase one management, currently I'm half way through week 4. I'm being very choosy about what I'm reintroducing to my diet and I'm replacing some of the low fat options with full fat as well as using olive oil for cooking and making salad dressings. So far so good and I'm still managing to lose my last few pounds slowly which is what I wanted.

Once I've lost those few pounds I need to start the tricky business of maintaining and I think all I'll need to do is to add in a couple of snacks a day. Bread and potatoes are my big trigger foods so I'll be staying well clear of them.

Thanks for pointing me in the direction of your diary, it was really interesting and affirming to read.

it certainly is hard to go against the grain (so to speak :D ). I just know my body well enough to know what my trigger foods are. I also know how I feel after eating certain foods. I have done enough research to know that my diet is healthy and if others don't agree, I can't help that.

My MIL has just started using my diet and I am hopeful she will succeed too. As far as maintenance goes, this works great for me. If I need to lose weight, I need to cut calories though. Not that I am looking to lose anyway.

Back