Before and During

sooo still not progressing onto full length, stand and smile at the camera, but here.. me on the 28th august, in a DRESS above the knee! From Monsoon... not strictly a fat girl only shop!
Comparing my face to the ones on this post previously, I think theres a little difference
so old one...me on left
25013_10150140650590599_776505598_11778570_1538928_n.jpg

august one
DSC00818-1.jpg
44645_10150238379065599_776505598_14543451_4966512_n.jpg

who can spot the short shoeless hobbit trying to hide in the background in the orange dress while being spun by the groom?
those knees haven't seen the hem of a dress in many many years hehehe x

Last edited:
Your photos are beautiful. It's been so long since there has been a nice piccie of me I think it's in black and white.

I think you are being a bit harsh on yourself: your new photos are far more Petite and Cuddly than Short and Dumpy. :)

thank you! xx but still more dump than petite hehee

I am really insecure of photos, there are very few of me full length, I think if they do not exist on paper I can pretend they don't exist. Such as the lumpy bits beneath.

I did write this bit below a little while ago, in the first month of my exante diet, but it still holds true...

Going to be a long waffly one.... but I am slowly coming to terms with the need to take a full body shot.

Recently I tried to start an album for my daughter. Something that she can be handed when she reaches eighteen. A compilation of captured memories that made up her life to this point.Photographs are key, they are able to unlock a memory, a feeling, a sense of time.I had a mass of pictures. Pictures of my baby. From hospital delivery room, to hugging Mickey Mouse. Of godparents, uncles, aunts, grandparents, her dad holding her, gazing down into her face. I was shocked to find how few pictures of me could be found. In fact, the pictures of friends and godparents holding my baby where more numerous.The first few precious moments of her life. There exists two photographs of me with the most important and beautiful part of my own life. One includes just the back of my head!

I know that as “mummy” I will always end up taking a lot of the pictures. However, this is not the reason that I wasn’t in these photos…or most of the photos from my daughter’s early life.
The reason is that I was hiding behind the camera. Yes, the pictures needed to be taken to document our little family, but someone would’ve had to have pried that camera from my cold chubby, wobbly, dead hands to get me to actually be in the picture.

I forgot the key reason for photographs…pictures of you, aren't usually for YOU. They are for other people to remember you by. To look at the memories and experiences they had with you.

Looking back it makes me sad. I can never get those opportunities back. Granted, it’s just a picture and I still have the memories, but will I always have them as I get older? And what about my little girl? Isn’t it fun to look back on old pictures to see yourself and your loved ones around you as you grow up?I still don’t feel all that comfortable in front of the camera, but it’s better. I dab on some makeup, fix my hair, and I smile as big as I can. chin down, hair over face. I still feel “fat” some of the time in those pictures, but at least I’m there. And more importantly, I’m working on getting rid of the reasons that I feel this way.

How silly is it that I can feel so beautiful until the flash goes off? How selfish have I been to hide knowing that in a picture you see just one angle, one expression you made for a millisecond, On the other hand, in real life people see at your face at every angle and through different expressions. My face, my body is a combination of all that, and of the inner me. Why do I hide. Why do I really think I look better in a mirror?

I don’t want to miss out anymore. And there’s no reason why I should. Especially when it’s something I can control.It just should not be this much thought and energy involved in someone avoiding being photographed. Not when I feel this strong and beautiful as I am. I am making a change.

So I shall SHALL sort some full body ones out. Just for you lot :D oh and for me :D

I've never been one for taking progress pictures but scrambled together a couple for some kind of comparison.

One on the left is me somewhere around my heaviest at 23 stone 7 and on the right was a cpl weeks ago when I hit the 50lb lost mark (from my combined diet attempts hehe)

I also hate the fact false lights make me look balder than I am, which is hard considering how bald I actually am :p

Attachments

• ProgressDiet.jpg
    ProgressDiet.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 54
Oh my goodness. That is so true for me too about hiding from cameras. As you say, the photos aren't for us, they're for those who love us (unconditionally in most cases).

Gosh that's really brought a tear to my eye.

Thank you x

its why we are all here.
but i still find it hard sharing photos :S
I wish I had started to do a month by month comparison shot, but I would of had to of been faced with where I was at the start point, and I wasn't ready for it.

Mr P you can definitely see the change in your jaw line!

we are all doing great, even just taking the first step and ordering the diet, is admitting and taking control to change.

xxx we shall all be striking a pose and voguing by the end!

Yes, you do look noticeably different, Poogatch.

I wish I had started to do a month by month comparison shot, but I would of had to of been faced with where I was at the start point, and I wasn't ready for it.

Right, that's it. First of each month I will get a photo taken to compare before and after!

ohhh see now you've done it hehe I am going to have to start too

xx

Back