Before, during and (eventually) after...Paul's open and honest account.

I hope it all goes well tomorrow. You have come a long way, my friend. You should be extremely proud of yourself.

I'm so glad to hear that you've managed to address your negative thinking! I think this new approach can really help you break through that wall. I'll be waiting and hoping for a good result for your wife tomorrow x

You are very hard on yourself from what ive read on your posts but its great you have recognised it. I think theres probably about 1% of people in the whole world who have decided to go on a "diet" and then never ever had a treat.

We as human beings are not perfect, nobody is, its impossible. All we can do is our best, plan ahead, and try to stay on track.

Everytime you have an epiphany like this it helps you move toward your goal & learn something about yourself you thought you had buried.

The less you have bottled up, the less you will emotional eat.

Syn free chips sound yum! Enjoy.

Thinking of you both today :) fingers crossed.

14th Jan

Well..It's a huge relief all round and the worry can stop right in its tracks...The said lump was a cyst and it has been drained and all is good :) My OH is only 40 so it was a real concern...Thanks again to you all for the positive thoughts and good wishes. Sighhhhhhhhhhh...

I didn't feel like eating breakfast this morning, what with the hospital appointment so I did skip that - have had a huge crab stick and sliced beef salad for lunch, with a bag of Quavers...Really scrummy! Tonight is weigh in and on return from group I'm cooking myself chicken and rice with the Syn Free sweet and sour sauce, which (by the way) turned out to be absolutely DEE...LISH!!!! - I'm glad I made way too much of it because of being able to have it again tonight.

Weigh in tonight doesn't concern me too much, if there's a slight gain then so be it - I will get rid of any gains soon enough. I have plenty of good grub for this week..Tonight's dinner sorted, have the ingredients for syn free pancakes for breakfasts (so nice that I'm happy to eat every day for now), light lunches at work then spag or pasta bolog for dinner x2, fry up Thursday, random choice out of one of the cookbooks on Friday and SW burger, chips and beans on Saturday - oh and a full roast on Sunday.

Oh, purchased a new pair of jeans today, waist 38" as opposed to the 42" one's I've had to wear before now...that felt good :)

Snowed quite well in these parts today, but there's never enough for me - I still love it when it snows! Just hope they don't cancel the group tonight.

Thanks again for all your words of kindness, I have never faced what we faced today and one hopes it's the last time too!!

Fingers crossed for weigh in :)

AMAZING NEWS :) I am surprised they drained it - was it causing pain? They left my cysts where there are, have one in my nose too and they won't do owt about it! So glad it was a cyst though, was worried for ya!

Glad to hear your straight back on plan - am sure the dramas of the morning will have boosted you in your mission, you can do this! Meal plan looks good, can you post/message me the recipe for the syn free S&S sauce? I looooove it and miss it so much!

Meal plan looks good, can you post/message me the recipe for the syn free S&S sauce? I looooove it and miss it so much!

This makes loads..you can freeze of course or just half the portion sizes for less sauce.

1 carton of passata
6 TBSP sweetner
6 TBSP malt vinegar
1/2 pint chicken stock
Soy sauce (I use light Soy sauce)
Salt/pepper

Mix the sweetener with vinegar
Put the Passata in a pan, heat slightly then add the vinegar/sweetener mix...keep stirring before adding chicken stock
Add salt/pepper/soy sauce to taste << I just added (light) Soy Sauce until it tasted right for me... Oh, I did add some corn flour to thicken but that's only because I was in a rush- I'm sure it would thicken/reduce down if you kept it on the heat for longer.

Last edited:
Great news!! fingers crossed for your weigh in Paul :)

Yum! Might try that tonight, am gonna do stir fried rice and am sure I have the ingredients to hand (i have sachets of sweetener though so will have to measure out. ) do you use an actual tablespoon or a measured tablespoon? I made some S&S sauce once and it tasted pure of vinegar, but was using measuring spoons (if you know what I mean) so not sure if you were meant to just use actual tablespoons?

Yum! Might try that tonight, am gonna do stir fried rice and am sure I have the ingredients to hand (i have sachets of sweetener though so will have to measure out. ) do you use an actual tablespoon or a measured tablespoon? I made some S&S sauce once and it tasted pure of vinegar, but was using measuring spoons (if you know what I mean) so not sure if you were meant to just use actual tablespoons?

I have some of those plastic measuring spoon things :)

It was yummy as I said...Every time I went into the kitchen I had to dip my finger in for another taste lol...

Glad everything was ok.
Well done for having a positive out look now. Like they said its a journey not a race so don't beat yourself up too much. I hope tonight goes well.

Yay! Very happy for you both :) The sauce sounds interesting, unfortunately I'm not a fan of soy sauce or I'd be trying it right now. What I would love to hear about are the syn-free pancakes! If you'd share the recipe it would be lovely.

I'm loving the winter wonderland thing we're having, it's only the second snowfall this winter that got to where I am and the previous one was pathetic...

What I would love to hear about are the syn-free pancakes! If you'd share the recipe it would be lovely.

Well, you are using a hexb with these...

Simply soak 35g of Porridge Oats in a Muller light of your choice (I leave mine in fridge overnight)..Then whisk in 2 eggs until mixture is runny...Make two pancakes :) simples

First time I made them the mixture (before eggs) looked yuk, not much better when eggs whisked in - I wasn't expecting much but they were really nice, I squirted some lemon juice on mine..Vanilla or Toffee ML used is my fave so far.

Thanks for the recipe! I must try these!

That is amazing news! So happy for you both! Good luck on weigh in

Back