Gotta Make A Change
Hi just wanting to know what peoples downfalls were before starting ll

mine was lack of excercise
Ben and Jerry ice cream
kebabs
chips
chocolates

Hi,

I don't have a sweet tooth, so never chocs or cakes.

But I LOVE bread...and pasta and potatoes and all the carb filled things!
I also love sauces, such as creamy mushroom which i made for chicken, or pasta bake sauces.
All too rich. :eek: Oh, and wine with my dinner. :rolleyes:

I always went swimming and still do. :)

Good question

Mine were (and in no particular order... ah la Strictly come dancing, Xfactor style ;))

Wine
Galaxy Chocolate
Maltesers
Wine
Cadbury's Caramel
Salt & Vinegar chipsticks
Curry
Wine
Chinese food
Spicy Food
Wine
Cheese on its own or on crackers only

Oh, and did I mention Wine?

x

I didn't have a particular downfall or trigger food. My problem was portion control, not knowing when to stop, not knowing when enough was enough, having no boundaries, knowing when I had earnt something etc...

I used to exercise I just never got the balance right because I never stopped eating!

I am looking forward to knowing what hunger feels like!

Kat xx

Good question

Mine were (and in no particular order... ah la Strictly come dancing, Xfactor style ;))

Wine
Galaxy Chocolate
Maltesers
Wine
Cadbury's Caramel
Salt & Vinegar chipsticks
Curry
Wine
Chinese food
Spicy Food
Wine
Cheese on its own or on crackers only

Oh, and did I mention Wine?

x

Hahaa!!! :p

lol nah you didnt mention Wine :p

well with me id have like cereal than at like 11am indulge in some chocs 2 bars or something with a coke can, and than around 2pm the same, and having ice cream like theres no tomorrow, it was all my downfall, and take aways and also eating really late at night :( but hey im past that now and looking towards the newer slimmer moi :)

Crisps ... by the bucket full!
and just having no control whatsoever over portions & eating pretty much non stop in the evenings.

No wonder i need LL;)

yoyo
xx

Yes ~ late at night I ate!

Stayin in, having dinner, then supper and snacks.
And the fatter I got, the more I stayed in and just comfort ate. :eek:

Funny how I never bothered eating much through the day....and breakfast would have done me the world of good. Bad habits. :rolleyes:

hi
i was pretty much the same as kat

i excercised and ate healthily

but my portions were too big for me - even tho not particularly big, just too big for me - the weight crept on slowly

also wine

daisy x

i think alot of people have the portion control issue, even i do, but with Rtm im learning alot, making the most of each bite and enjoying it, and the water intake is doing me and most of us the world of good :) now when i get hungry or peckish i either just go for a walk or have a nice ice cold glass of water :)

Specific foods:
Fresh bread and butter
Chocolate
Liquorice allsorts
Pizza
Ice cream

Other aspects:
Portion control definitely.
Picking while cooking
Eating all the leftovers
Eating on the run
Grazing
Not sitting down to eat

All things I have become very aware of, proved I can change and will continue to work on through RTM.

Always exercised quite a bit - swimming, walking and cycling.

An interesting question Ken

So food wise for me, bread, butter, cheese, creamy sauces and things like hollandaise and mayonnaise, too much salt, too much coffee with loads of milk and sugar, too much coke and wine. Pizza. Chocolate was never really a big issue for me.

Other habit wise, starving then bingeing on too much, not eating properly and grazing and picking all day, not sitting down to eat. Portion control and eating because it was there. I have realised with RTM you can have nice portions of things that fill you up yet are low cal and will not make you gain weight. Wine seems to be over for me at the moment, but am sure I will indulge again one day. I now eat a much better variety of foods and realise I like things much lighter than I thought I would. Have also realised that I ate no where near enough fruit and veg.

Good pause for thought there Ken, thanks for the thread

Jez
xx

Mine was just too much of everything, mostly good stuff, just too much.
Plates and wine glasses justgot bigger and bigger to accommodate.
Reverse psychology i realise now. Bigger plates make the portions look smaller!!!!

:eating::eating::eating::eating::eating::eating::party0036::party0036::party0036::party0036::party0036::party0036::party0051::party0051::party0051::party0051::party0051::party0051::drunk:

I had a basic healthy diet and liked to exercise but my downfalls were....

1. Cakes.
2. Biscuits.
3. Chocolate.
4. Treaty things.

Bad habits/behaviours were.....

1. Binge and denial cycles.
2. Not eating proper meals or replacing proper meals so I could indulge in sweet treats....which leads to binge and denial cycles.
3. Not recognising when I was full.

oh and another thing, did you ever eat slowly and enjoy the food, because i know during the downfall, i used to eat a meal within 5 minutes and want more and more, hence the chocs/ice cream and things, NOW every meal i eat i enjoy each spoonful and it takes a good 30-40 minutes to eat, and eat very very very slowly :)

Back