Food-a-Holic: Losing weight while eating good food; what diet?

Birchey

Hi all!

So I'm back to the Slimming World plan! I rejoined August last year (2015) and so far I've lost 1stone 3lbs ; rather uninspiring but I keep coming back to slimming world as I know it works and have successfully lost 5stone in a year on it previously (5 years ago) it's all came back plus more! I've been a member on and off for 5years and struggle then do great then really struggle then do sort of okay then struggle. I really want this to be the time it's a lifestyle change rather than a diet though. No being overly hard on myself, No denying myself a little of what I fancy within reason.. Trying not to have an all or nothing approach this time round as when I then 'Mess-up' it triggers me into a I can't do this pizza binge.

I did try a VLCD but lasted a week before I convinced myself that I never want to diet again, only lasted a couple of days before drooling over salads and all the lovely slimming world food photos that were being posted on my groups Facebook page.. It was good for the rapid loss but for me and my lifestyle not sustainable.

I know people say that medication/health isn't an excuse for weight gain but I have Mental health condition(s) and my weight has piled on since going onto medication to help me with this. It often makes me want to stop the meds but without them I simply won't function in anyway that resembles a responsible adult!

This is my little diary for the trials/food and celebrations that is coming along with this Weight loss journey..

Last edited:
Today's been reasonbly easy to follow plan; Did have to close my eyes to all the treats in the office though!

Lunch; (pictured) veg rice and quorn chicken curry

Dinner; salad,ham, jacket and beans (with about 6syns of mayo and healthy extra a cheese)

Snack: yogurt (half syn) and 2 banana milkshake hi-fi lights as HEB.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    895 KB · Views: 18
Feeling excited for weigh-in!
Weighing in at 19:30 tonight because I'm working Thursday evening and don't like swapping between a morning/night weigh-in.

My favourite two things this week has been the spinach and risotta tortellini (pictured!) from Julys Mag (gorgeous and have 3 more portions in the freezer) and discovering the Helmans fat free vinergerette is actually really nice (I don't like vinergerette and was ruining the goodness of salads by loads of salad cream/Mayo!)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 9
So weigh in on Tuesday I lost 7.5lbs seriously proud of myself! 1st 10.5lbs in total..

Had a really good week on plan then Thursday I had a really bad food day but rather than dwelling on it I've got back to it today and had an extra brilliant day! Weighing in Thursday next week so I still have an entire week to go! Would love 4lbs this week securing my 2stone award! Back in the game!!

Thankyou :))

I'm a nightmare for jumping on and off the scales and they are currently weighing me 1.5lbs heavier than last week but my home scales are not really that accurate so I should stop doing that!! I'm proud of myself as providing I don't binge tonight it would have been 10 days of slimming world with only one binge/crazy day which is mega for me!

Eating A lot of salad at the moment (tesco do a party salad for £3 and has a nicer variety than the smaller packs and will last me three days with large portions on the side)

Remembering the Moto '' The more speed you use the more you loose' and adding salad or veg to every meal that is suitable for the addition. Think one of the reasons my losses have been slow has been too much free food but mainly carbs and no where near enough fresh salad or veg! :))

Discovered apple and strawberrys make a fantastic desert with a strawberry miller light poured over it :)

I use to jump on scales every day and not just once.:rolleyes: Don't take any notice of the scales until it's your weigh day. YOU WILL NOT BINGE TONIGHT.:)

I love strawberries but too many and you can guess where I go.

Back