Beginner: SS+ ideas and herbs/spices/sauces allowed.....

Hayley 22

would like to be slim
HELP!!

I'm struggling on CD SS (4 weeks now into restart) and have been having chicken on its own but after a week i have got bored, i have also got bored of Tuna!

Im still on SS but need ss+ ideas to run past my CDC tomorrow as i want to stay on CD but am struggling with no decent results from it and £40 a week is technically being thrown in the bin at the moment.....

Any help on meal ideas along with sauces/spices/flavourings of any kind would be much be appreciated :)

Can someone tell me the weights of meat/fish we're allowed. I have been having 120g of either tuna/salmon/white fish or chicken breast.

I love salmon but its working out more expensive than chicken at the moment :confused:

Sorry for the ramble lol im getting a little bit desperate now . . . .

Thanks in advance :D

Hi Hayley!

sure..

here it goes

120g chicken or turkey breast
190g cod haddock or white fish
250g steamed tofu
200g quorn
180g tuna in water
225g cottage cheese reduced fat

one of those options with two tablespoons of any veges cooked or raw

asparagus
mushrooms
broccoli
cabbage
celery
cucumber
spinach
cauliflower
courgettes

no added salts..but you can use low-fat low-calorie dressing..i use Kraft light salad dressings ..yum yum!

the key thing is that the meal is green/white!

theres been changes to the 810 plan which is similar to SS+..eggs and prawns allowed from what ive heard!..but get confirmation on that first from CDC, im gonna ask on the weekend.

Deepak

x

Last edited:
P.S

Anything that is 'grow-able' (not even a word!) in your garden is ok, so chilli powder, curry powder, dried spices..i use tabasco too..only the original red though

HELP!!

I'm struggling on CD SS (4 weeks now into restart) and have been having chicken on its own but after a week i have got bored, i have also got bored of Tuna!

Im still on SS but need ss+ ideas to run past my CDC tomorrow as i want to stay on CD but am struggling with no decent results from it and £40 a week is technically being thrown in the bin at the moment.....

Any help on meal ideas along with sauces/spices/flavourings of any kind would be much be appreciated :)

Can someone tell me the weights of meat/fish we're allowed. I have been having 120g of either tuna/salmon/white fish or chicken breast.

I love salmon but its working out more expensive than chicken at the moment :confused:

Sorry for the ramble lol im getting a little bit desperate now . . . .

Thanks in advance :D

RE the salmon, Asda are doing a a fillet for £1 each, on the fresh counter. I understand the money down the drain bit, so make that your motivation?

Quorn mince, you can have loads of that. Look at the 810 recipe ideas. Someone from CD needs to bring out a cook book, that would be ideal woudn't it?

xx

Hi Hayley

I've got a ss+ thread going, there are a lot on there, plus there is the 810 one too, though you can have slightly more, its still the same science. lol. x

Thank you Eternalflame, i did see yours but everyone seems to have experimented already and i saw a lot of general chit chat and only two meal ideas in god knows how many posts :)
Im too lazy to look thru all of that. x

Thank you Deepak :D :D :D

The nearest Asda is 13 miles away . . . Plus my OH just did a big Tesco shop and spent over £200 lol so i dont wanna be buying loads of stuff now.

I have got plenty of salmon, tuna and white fish and chicken to suffice for the next week.

But a £1 for salmon mmmm .... tempting :)

yeah..you certinly have enough there to get you through!

Deepak
x

Last time I looked, salmon was pink and not white. ;) Salmon is not allowed on SS+, or 810 for that matter. If you stick to the rules, you will lose weight. Why are you struggling now? Is CD the right diet for you? In my books it depends what is important - if I wanted tasty food, I'd have gone a slower weight loss route on a higher step or a different diet. But I wanted the three stone off thank you very much and SS+ and 810 did that for me. Good luck with whatever you choose.

Last edited:
Very true Laura..salmon isnt one of the allowed foods anyway

Deepak
x

Ah well in that case it can stay in the freezer then, i didnt know that so no need for the rude reply there!

"Beginner" as the post states is surely all the info you need to see that i am not a pro at ss+, any helpful and polite comments are appreciated.

Sorry..never meant to be rude!

x

That was a bit harsh Laura! We are all on here to support one another, if someone is having issues, its good to give feedback, but not so it puts the other person down. Maybe re-wording it might have been better coming across :)
Huh? Do you mean the bit about salmon being pink and not white? Honestly, it was a joke. I had forgotten to hit send after editing to add the wink but it is now showing. I am only on this section of the forum now to help people! I in no way intended to put her down.

Hayley - if you have taken my post the wrong way, I apologise. Hopefully your sense of humour is a bit drier :)

Last edited:
Hayley - if you have taken my post the wrong way, I apologise. I have been on the forums for a while and have always tried to help people. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

In that case i apologise too!

I was not aware salmon wasnt allowed, i did buy a book off my CDC in October last year when i first started, having since moved from my flat to my boyfriends and now into a 3 bedroom house i cannot find the blinking thing but have found my pink book :confused: (looking a bit worse for wear though)

I have been struggling on the restart and have done ss for a week with only 2lb loss and then plain chicken breast all last week with a 1lb gain :confused:

I do want to lose weight but im exhausting all options at the moment and would love CD to work for me as well as it did the first time round but no such luck and im due my 4th WI tomorrow.

Would love it if ss+ works for me though, may help things in my head (iykwim) :)

Hi all - sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, but legumes (post #2) aren't allowed - great list, fatboy, thank you! But perhaps you meant mushrooms, which are allowed.

No salmon (too much fat). No salt (certainly no Nando's seasoning;), which is basically salt with other flavourings, many of which are not allowed, just to spoil the fun...sorry:)). I know it can be dull, but it's a real opportunity to give your tastebuds some time to recover, in preparation for maintenance, when the really hard work begins.

Have a good read of page 12 of your pink/blue sole source booklet for the allowable foods, and discuss with your Consultant next time you see her.

On sole source, the average woman should be able to lose a stone a month. On SS+, slightly less. As long as we stick to the rules. If the rules are too restrictive, 810 (Step 2) will give more freedom, and an average loss of 2 lbs a week.

Both of those plans mean 100 pounds or more weight lost in a year - not bad, really?

Have a good chat with your Consultant, Hayley. I'm sure you can do it!

oops..sorry..my bad!

Deepak x

Hi all - sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, but legumes (post #2) aren't allowed - great list, fatboy, thank you! But perhaps you meant mushrooms, which are allowed.

No salmon (too much fat). No salt (certainly no Nando's seasoning;), which is basically salt with other flavourings, many of which are not allowed, just to spoil the fun...sorry:)). I know it can be dull, but it's a real opportunity to give your tastebuds some time to recover, in preparation for maintenance, when the really hard work begins.

Have a good read of page 12 of your pink/blue sole source booklet for the allowable foods, and discuss with your Consultant next time you see her.

On sole source, the average woman should be able to lose a stone a month. On SS+, slightly less. As long as we stick to the rules. If the rules are too restrictive, 810 (Step 2) will give more freedom, and an average loss of 2 lbs a week.

Both of those plans mean 100 pounds or more weight lost in a year - not bad, really?

Have a good chat with your Consultant, Hayley. I'm sure you can do it!

Thank you Lesley, I stuck to plain chicken last night even though my OH bought me home some Portabello mushrooms and cottage cheese :) Yum yum, didnt now how many mushrooms we're allowed so didnt do it. Im seeing CDC tonight so i'll find out then :)
After taking pics of my valentines dress last night i realised that i have lost an inch so yes people are right, even if im not losing pounds i am losing inches just not every week.

I just have to be patient and expect results to be slower than the first time round :D

Any other "meal" ideas would be much appreciated.
I love mushrooms so they're a winner.

Whats the prices of fish like now? And where is it cheaper?

Back