Being on Lipotrim and being in the hospital

Yasmine

One last chance
Ok, some of you may know that my little sis has been having trouble with her ovarian cysts and lately, the pain and has doubled ten fold.

She's going to go the hospital to get them checked to find out why the cysts are causing her this much pain if they are, as the **** doctors have said, small.

She's worried that her cysts may be cancerous and if they are, she'll have to get her ovary removed and she will have to stay in the hospital for almost a week.

If this does happen, I'm sure she has to do something about being on Lipotrim. I doubt the hospital will allow her to take her shakes and she will have to eat the food they provide. If she does eat the food, will she gain weight? me and my sis would like replies asap. Thanks guys xxx.

Yasmine, when i was in hospital a few years ago having an operation , they where not so much worried about what i was eating, but they wanted to make sure i got enough protien to speed up cell renewal and healing .......so i started taking protein shakes as well i can't remember exactly how many grams of protein they wanted to make sure i got. I'd have to have a look at my old records

Yasmine, when i was in hospital a few years ago having an operation , they where not so much worried about what i was eating, but they wanted to make sure i got enough protien to speed up cell renewal and healing .......so i started taking protein shakes as well i can't remember exactly how many grams of protein they wanted to make sure i got. I'd have to have a look at my old records
Thanks for that, I hope you're doing better after whatever operation you've had.

I'll be sure to let her know. I think she should be taking care more of her cysts then her weight at the moment, but she doesn't want to stop LT. So she wants to know how her weight would be affected if she ate what would be given to her if she has to stay in the hospital.

If the hospital will force her to eat I would recommend refeeding the week before she goes into the operation, that way she wont gain any unnesscary weight x

If the hospital will force her to eat I would recommend refeeding the week before she goes into the operation, that way she wont gain any unnesscary weight x
Ok cool, we don't know if she needs the operation, but if she does, I'll tell her to refeed.

I think it would be down to her doctor to decide. I know we've had patients that have been doing the Cambridge Diet pre-op and haven't had to come off it (they were given protein supplements) but it would be down to the individuals doctor to decide that.
Hope it's nothing too serious and they can remove the cysts without the ovary.

I think it would be down to her doctor to decide. I know we've had patients that have been doing the Cambridge Diet pre-op and haven't had to come off it (they were given protein supplements) but it would be down to the individuals doctor to decide that.
Hope it's nothing too serious and they can remove the cysts without the ovary.
Yeh, you could be right.

The cysts can be removed only if they are very large, hers are apparently small, but if they are so small, why is she in so much pain? she was wailing in pain today.

Can't advise on whether to stay on LT if sis has to go into hospital but just wanted to pass on my best wishes for her and hope that they aren't cancerous and that she's OK. Hope she feels better soon!

Can't advise on whether to stay on LT if sis has to go into hospital but just wanted to pass on my best wishes for her and hope that they aren't cancerous and that she's OK. Hope she feels better soon!
Thanks, we hope so too. She still hasn't returned yet :(

Back