Extra Easy Being Prepared

Hi All!
So after struggling with health issues since December 2015, I'm starting Slimming World for the final time. I want it to become a way of life like my Mum has done with her Weight Watchers for a number of years.

For the last number of days whilst I've had time to myself I have sat and written up my meal plans for the next month! (prepared I know!) I don't want to have any excuses for not being able to do this now. I have a goal of loosing 3 stone by July 2017 (baby sisters wedding)

I have mainly focused on slow cooker/quick meals as I work during the day and find it hard to come home and start cooking like the rest of use. I can't wait to start this transformation and keep on it.

Thought I would include this coming weeks meal plan for you all :) To keep me on plan I have only bought the bits I need for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. There are some bits I forgot to buy but it mainly on Wednesday day but I walk past ASDA every day to work.

Monday:
B: 30g Special K Granola (HEb) and Fat Free Natural Yogurt (F)
L: Wholemeal Roll (HEb), Quark (F), Green Pepper (F), Salad Leaves (F), 90g Walkers French Fries (4 syns), If i'm still hungry then i'd have a Muller light Yogurt in Toffee or Vanilla (F)
D: Pasta Salad with Tesco Healthy Living Caesar Salad or Thai Sweet Chilli Dressings, I'll put in tuna, carrots, onions, sweetcorn and salad leaves. (Don't think these have syns)
S: Grapes, apples, melon for when I get peckish. Plus my 250ml of milk for cups of Tea (HEa) I have also worked out how many syns are in a carb killa bar which is 11, (I find that slimming world is very high on carbs and just wanted something to balance it a bit)

Total syns: 15

Tuesday:
B: 2x Weetabix (HEb) with 200ml milk (HEa) and melon
L: Wholemeal Roll (HEb), Quark (F), Green Pepper (F), Salad Leaves (F), 90g Walkers French Fries (4 syns), If i'm still hungry then i'd have a Muller light Yogurt in Toffee or Vanilla (F)
D: Spaghetti Bolognese (F) Made in the slow cooker
S: Grapes, apples, melon for when I get peckish. Carb Killa Bar 11 syns

Total Syns: 15

Wednesday:
B: Fruit Salad (F)
D: Ham, Eggs and chips (F+1.5 Syns) (using mccains rustic chips at 1.5 syns for 100g as I have to be in bed very early for a 4am wake up call)
S: Grapes, apple, melon for when I get peckish. 1x jaffa cake (2.5 syns) 250ml milk for tea (HEa)

Total Syns: 8

Thursday:
B: B: 30g Special K Granola (HEb) and Fat Free Natural Yogurt (F)
D: Chilli Con Carne and Rice (F) Made in slow cooker
S: Grapes, apples, melon for when I get peckish. Plus my 250ml of milk for Tea (HEa) I have also worked out how many syns are in a carb killa bar which is 11.

Total Syns: 15

Friday:
B: B: 30g Special K Granola (HEb) and Fat Free Natural Yogurt (F)
D: Chicken Casserole, Roast Potatoes and mixed Veg (F)
S: Grapes, apples, melon for when I get peckish. Plus my 250ml of milk for Tea (HEa) 2x jaffa cakes (5 syns)

Total Syns: 9

Saturday:
B: Fruit Salad (F)
D: Mayflower Prawn curry (4 syns) and rice 8x prawn crackers (6 syns)
S: Grapes, apples, melon for when I get peckish. Plus my 250ml of milk for Tea (HEa)

Total Syns: 14

Sunday:
B: Bacon roll (F+HEb)
D: Roast Chicken Dinner and Gravy (F+1.5 syns)
S: Grapes, apples, melon for when I get peckish. Plus my 250ml of milk for Tea (HEa) 1x jaffa cake (2.5 syns)

Total Syns: 8

I really hope every one stays on plan this week and does well at weigh in and this may also help with some ideas. I'm now going to sift through other ideas to help me out :)

Your meal plan for the week looks good. Wish I was that organised.:(

I love using the slow cooker.And there are so many meals you can do in one.

Hope you have a good week. :)

Thanks took some time but I feel very prepared now :). Slow cooker will be my best friend this coming week with working full time. I love slow cookers takes all the pressure off you and you come home to a meal thats almost done :). Thanks hope you have a good week too! x

Well done on being so organised! I need some of that :) Your meal plan looks yummy, but one thing I noticed is on some days you have 2 healthy B choices.

I'm another slow cooker fan, I wouldn't be without mine :)

I'm not going to slimming world itself and using old(ish) books where they used to have the option of 2 healthy extra b's a day forgot to mention that! haha.

Haha, that's ok then :) Are you doing the old red/green days?

Kind of doing there extra easy plan from the books, I know its dated but if it was ok back then its will be ok for me now. Did start Slimming world end of last year and almost lost a stone on the same books. When i start earning a tad more thats when i might consider going to a group and getting the up to date books and advise :) x

As far as I remember there has only ever been one HeB on the Extra Easy plan, and 2 on the Extra Easy SP plan, but, I have always thought as long as what you do works for you stick at it. The 2016 book isn't much different from the 2015 book, I could be wrong but the only difference I have noticed is the headings on the progress chart :) x

Thanks for that I can't remember what my book calls the extra easy plan. It does work for me to be honest so kind of thinking if its not broken don't fix it :) x

Definitely no point changing what you are doing if it is working :) And with all your organisation you will get to your target :)

So just stepped onto the scales to get my starting weight this morning and rather surprised, I haven't put on huge amount of weight since my last time of doing slimming world which was the start of this year. I have exactly 3 stone to loose in a year. Ladies is this achievable?

I'm on plan but had to swap breakfast forgot I had a day off today and working all day tomorrow and I tend to take my granola to work as apposed to having cereal. :) *I can do this!* x

Well today has been a success stuck to plan completely! Go me!
Was really dubious about the salad dressing for my pasta salad (thought I would miss mayonnaise) but it was really good :)
Bring on tomorrow! Spaghetti bolognese is all ready in the fridge ready to go in the slow cooker first thing :)

Your food choices look really good and tasty, one thing I miss on EE is being able to have 2 heb and 2 hea like you could on red or green.

Good luck. :)

You are super organised, I like your style :D I too started last week and have the exact same goal. I'm allowing that 3 stone is 42lbs so if I average 1lb loss per week I can smash my target. It's a lot easier on the mind if you break it down like that. Best of luck

Hi Maria, a lady was shocked when I said I get two HEb but when I explained I use the old books she understood then, Don't want to change it really would find it very hard and it works for me!
Hi fabulous30s I'm naturally an organised person haha :) So working out from your calculation I can loose this weight in a year (yay!) My plan tomorrow is to come home after work and take a picture of myself in a dress I know is very tight and when I loose the weight I can wear that same dress and see the difference. I'm so used to seeing myself at this weight I think that will show it more dramatically! :)
Good luck ladies, plan ahead so much easier and stay positive x

Thought I would give you an update on my first three days. Still on plan! GO ME! I have changed a few things so that I could have some cheese on my spaghetti bolognese. But only minor so I actually had less syns on Tuesday. I do feel rather hungry though but I think its because I don't normally work full days and i'm burning off more at the moment. I'm going to start making large salad or fruit pots and taking extra fruit with me just to get rid of these hunger pangs. Also don't think i'm drinking enough water/squash so don't think that really helps either :/ x

Back