Belly fat

Ch3rrie

Hi everyone.
I have fat everywhere but my belly is the most. I am not looking for a quick fix to get rid of this.
I just want to know if just following the plan will reduce the belly fat or if I REALLY need to exercise too?
I was 20stone4lb and now 16stone11lb so still a long way to go.

Hi well done on your loss so far, personally I would say you need to do both really I think you get better results all round combining the two.
Xx

Thanks :). Yes that is what I thought, I am just so bad at exercise commitment, I was hoping it wasn't really really necessary.
If only I guess!

Yeah I know, if you made a note of your measurements and carried on with diet and exercise you could then see the inches coming off maybe that would help inspire you to exercise more.
I never liked it much but after doing the above and seeing such a difference it keeps me going I shruk about 10 Inches last month. Xx

i lost most of my weight, then started to exercise I don't think my body could have taken it when I first started.. but I think it's all down to personal choice.. maybe just start with walks, something is better then nothing

I agree with Malc-D. Lose some of your weight first and then start exercising. My ankles, feet and knees could not support my upper body properly and took great strain initially. Can I also just say try to buy the best trainers you can afford....I learned the hard way! Good luck....I hate exercise too!

Yes and no. If you want the best of losing your tummy and letting it tone up as much as possible maybe start exercise now?

I too have that trouble area and still do, but i exercise again to help lift/tone/suck it in a bit to help as much as possible! :)

I've been doing a lot of sit-ups lately and I must say it has made a definite difference! So I can totally recommend that. I normally get a bit unmotivated if I can't see results straight away, but even after a couple of days the muscles seemed a little 'tighter' lol!

You can loose weight without exercising...but the two combined is more recommended esp if you want to tone up. If you really hate exercise just try little bits first like walking to the shop instead of driving or whatever. And build it up, you will feel better for it in the long run and it will defo speed up your weight loss x

Thanks everyone. I guess I'll start soon. This is where all my willpower will be needed!

I really love Zumba, it doesn't feel like exercise to me which totally helps. I can't ever imagine myself being a gym bunny I find it boring, I'm much better in a focused class I have tried to do it at home but I always find something else to do and get distracted. I bought myself 30 day shred several months ago, so far I watched a bit of it sat on my sofa and decided it may kill me! lol :D
The hope is when I have lost a bit more, I will give it a proper go.

I'd agree that starting some exercise will help, even if it is just going for a quick walk at lunchtime each day. My tummy has always been my biggest part and I've always struggled to get rid of the podge there, but Pilates and 30 Day Shred really helped and I developed a flattish tummy for the first time in my life. However, after having 4 weeks off exercise (hols, birthday and general laziness!) my belly has started becoming rounder again! Eek! Back on it from this week :)

And to the lady who's scared of 30 Day Shred, don't be - all the hardest moves have modified versions, you can do this! :D x

There's an exercise out there for everyone, I firmly believe that! Just remember that you can't target areas of fat, it will come off all over in places you don't expect.

There's an exercise out there for everyone, I firmly believe that! Just remember that you can't target areas of fat, it will come off all over in places you don't expect.

Exercise will definitely help but I also find cutting out bread and sugar helps too

I started at a shade under 19stone & now I am 11st 11lb so I had a lot of surplus skin!
I took to doing Aquatone at my local swimming baths & I found it was great to tone up as the water holds your weight as you exercise & after 45mins you feel better & not as exhausted as a workout in the gym, I also got the pushbike out & use it as much as possible.
I'm well pleased with the results, I only have a small surplus of skin at my waist which I can live with! Also I am 67 soon so I think the skin has lost a lot of it's elasticity......
Pete

The one thing I would say from my experience is to have an equal amount of weight sessions and cardio. I do free weights twice a week and do all areas of my body about 2/3 exercises on each and do 3 sets of 10 reps. This has really made my body transform over the past 3 months and I am really enjoying it too. I was worried at first that by doing weights it would make me look bigger but it actually stretches the muscles and makes them look leaner also the more muscle you have the more calories you burn xxx

Back