belly overhang

Fatty_no_more

Slimming for my children
I have always had an overhang even when i was like 10 years old.

Since i put on weight and had my boy its HUGE and i cant even see my feet when i stand.

Say i loose all this weight, and it stays there can you get it cut off? or do you just have to live with it? As in do the nhs do it for you?
x

Hopefully at your age , as you lose weight your skin should shrink with you. I would get a good firming cream or bio oil and moisturise every day. Trust me you need to be at target before you start thinking of surgery,(if ever) and your body does not need to be perfect. In my day we used to say "wear your stretchmarks with pride", after we had a baby. When I suck my stomach in it looks like a Klingons forehead! :eek: But that's cos I left it till my 50's to sort myself out!

It is possible on the NHS but it's not easy. As Allie said it's only done if it's effecting your health. They won't pay to make you look better. If it's making you ill then it's possible. You have to jump through alot of hoops apparently. You have to be within BMI range and have been there for a long time. 1-2 years I think it is. GP/consultant etc have to agree that it's in your best interest and I think you have to have had all your children though I could be wrong there. Just something I read. By the time I get healthy I'll be tripping over mine.:8855:

I've always had a 'pot belly', even as a child.

3 c-sections later and I still have a lump. Its only as I'm nearing target that I'm finding it start to disappear.

When I had my first son, I had an emergency c-section and they sewed me up 'wonky'! It was very noticable. When I had my last, the surgeon asked if he could 'do anything' for me, so I requested to be straightened up and removal of some of the scar tissue.
I'm not recommending a c-section to help btw!!!!

I have some loose skin on my tummy, but am using Nivea (both the cellulite one and also the Q10 firming cream) and am seeing some results now.

As Judimac says, the younger you are, the more likely it is that your skin will snap back into shape. I'm also intending to start some serious tummy exercises to tone up the muscles as they're definitely a bit weak.

It may be because I'm older (almost 40), but I've decided to love my tummy now, stretch-marks and bump!!!

It is something you can have done on the NHS but there are strict criteria, and it does have to be pretty bad! I could get it done however my overall health isnt strong enough to cope with the surgery.
Just wait and see what happens as you lose more weight and take it from there hun x

3 c-sections later and I still have a lump. Its only as I'm nearing target that I'm finding it start to disappear.

When I had my first son, I had an emergency c-section and they sewed me up 'wonky'! It was very noticable. When I had my last, the surgeon asked if he could 'do anything' for me, so I requested to be straightened up and removal of some of the scar tissue.

I have some loose skin on my tummy, but am using Nivea (both the cellulite one and also the Q10 firming cream) and am seeing some results now.

As Judimac says, the younger you are, the more likely it is that your skin will snap back into shape. I'm also intending to start some serious tummy exercises to tone up the muscles as they're definitely a bit weak.

It may be because I'm older (almost 40), but I've decided to love my tummy now, stretch-marks and bump!!!

i am 30 next year eeeeeek. I cant do sit ups yet as my c section scar hurts when i try (had one 22 weeks ago).
What sit ups do you do?
xxx

i am 30 next year eeeeeek. I cant do sit ups yet as my c section scar hurts when i try (had one 22 weeks ago).
What sit ups do you do?
xxx

Well my last one was 7 years ago, so I've no pain!
Start really slowly with some basic crunches. To target your lower abs, you'll need to do reverse crunches (legs in the air and lift your butt of the ground).
I've got the 10min Blast off Belly Fat DVD, which I've started...but it is hard going and I can really feel it!!!
Hope this helps!

I had my C section scar tidied up too after my second son. I had an infection after my first C section and the scar burst, so the second time round, I refused one. Eventually, it was the only way my son was coming out. My consultant said he had to remove 6cms of scar tissue and joked that he had given me a "mini tummy tuck!" I didn't joke when I said he should have done a whole one! Ha ha!!

I've alwaes had that little bit of belly, and it got even worse after my two pregnancies and C sections, but I have noticed it getting smaller as I've been losing weight. Personally, I'd never get it removed, it's part of me and how my babies came into this world. As everyone else has said, keep up the weight loss and see how you get on. Careful with the sit ups, personally, it does sound a little too soon to me, but things may have changed since my last one five (almost six now!:D) years ago.

Hi hun, im hoping mine will shrink to when i loose weight!! Ive always had a belly but never a overhang so its abit depressing..its my own fault though as i literally piled on a stone and a half in the two months! before that i was really active so i only put on a stone. In regards to the situps, my friend who works at the gym says it doesnt matter how many situps you do you wont see the results untill you have lost the bellyfat! as the layer of fat hides the abs. great lol! Maybe we should try pilates or something similar to tighten the muscles? Emx

Hopefully at your age , as you lose weight your skin should shrink with you. I would get a good firming cream or bio oil and moisturise every day. Trust me you need to be at target before you start thinking of surgery,(if ever) and your body does not need to be perfect. In my day we used to say "wear your stretchmarks with pride", after we had a baby. When I suck my stomach in it looks like a Klingons forehead! :eek: But that's cos I left it till my 50's to sort myself out!

ROFL!!!!!! :8855: :spit: You made me snort my coffee!!!!

Tis true though - my mummy tummy is wobbly, stretchmarked and will NEVER be one to 'show off' no matter what I weigh!!

I prefer to think of it as the little house that held my 4 daughters and that means more than anything to me. I'll live with the imperfections (and work on my Klingon impressions too!)

xx:)

I have a baby apron too :( I never had it after my 1st two kids even tho I was over weight then when I lost weight it went
Then 7 years ago I had a sterilisation reversal this cut is similar to c section but much more painful I know I have had a section too then I went on the have my little girl misdiagnosed breech didnt find out she was breech till I was already 41 weeks! so I had a section meaning another cut in the same place but I didnt have any pain in it think due to the earlier cut I still had dead tissue ( i think) having these two cuts makes a crease in your skin and making it fold there naturally and any loose skin will always hang over it :( I am 41 so my skin elasticty is not as good as it used to be so guessing I will always have this to some extent no matter what I do. just hoping it does get less noticable as I get closer to target
One of the joys of being a woman :(

I have a baby apron too :( I never had it after my 1st two kids even tho I was over weight then when I lost weight it went
Then 7 years ago I had a sterilisation reversal this cut is similar to c section but much more painful I know I have had a section too then I went on the have my little girl misdiagnosed breech didnt find out she was breech till I was already 41 weeks! so I had a section meaning another cut in the same place but I didnt have any pain in it think due to the earlier cut I still had dead tissue ( i think) having these two cuts makes a crease in your skin and making it fold there naturally and any loose skin will always hang over it :( I am 41 so my skin elasticty is not as good as it used to be so guessing I will always have this to some extent no matter what I do. just hoping it does get less noticable as I get closer to target
One of the joys of being a woman :(

ouch - you poor thing.
I think that we should learn to love our bellies!!! We can't be totally perfect. :D

Back