Bellydancing - update

I will succeed!!!
Has anyone ever done bellydancing? I'm starting a course on Thursday with my SIL and MIL and can't wait. SIL does it already and loves it - you put on shows with them every now and then too.

Shakira better watch out *hmmm*

LOL

x

Last edited:
Well done, that sounds like a lot of fun Sticky. X

Well had my first ever bellydancing class last night and OH MY GOODNESS it was AMAZING!!!

I didn't think I'd learn much in week 1, but she taught us lots of steps and then put it together into 2 dances to music. My and my future MIL were the only new people, but everyone helped and the techer was fab.

And as well as being fun...it didn't half work my tummy muscles! I can feel it today :D

Of the 2 hours I reckon 1hour 20mins was solid dancing and the rest was watching time and warming up/cooling down.

Cannot wait for next week - and every 6 months we put on a show hehe!

Recommend...check local learning centres ladies! xxx

Oh Sticky, Im so jealous.
Me and a friend put our names down for a bellydancing class run at the local evening school in the summer to start sept last year. But it was cancelled cos of not enough people joining up ( they needed a min of 15 to start it but only got 5 signed up!)

I really want to try this one day...
Do any in your class dress up?

You lucky thing. Enjoy. x

Oh Sticky, Im so jealous.
Me and a friend put our names down for a bellydancing class run at the local evening school in the summer to start sept last year. But it was cancelled cos of not enough people joining up ( they needed a min of 15 to start it but only got 5 signed up!)

I really want to try this one day...
Do any in your class dress up?

You lucky thing. Enjoy. x

Similar problem last night - we only got 9 people and need 11. But as the other 7 were regulars we all offered to cover the cost for the 2 others to keep class open until we get more people. It's only a fiver each more - if it stops now I've found something I like to do with my SIL and MIL I'll be gutted!

Yes they dress up to suit to dancing. I didn't know what to wear, so just wore some 3/4 shorts, a vest top and top over that, but I wore a shimmy belt that jangled whenever I moved and we used veils for one of the dances.

I'm going to fish out my summer skirts for next week though :)

You CAN get DVDs on it apparently, if you wanted to learn the moves, but keep eyes open for another class - I had so much fun :)

Sounds fab!!!! I really want to do this as part of my hen day, but am struggling to find one that's not part of an organised weekend. Mind you, why on earth am I organising my own hen do!?!?!? lol

Last edited:
Sounds fab!!!! I really want to do this as part of my hen day, but am struggling to find one that's notpart of an organised weekend. Mind you, why on earth am I organising my own hen do!?!?!? lol

True!!! But I'm doing mine cause I am a control freak lol! Ya know you've just given me a great idea for mine...I'm having a weekend away with the younger girls and someone closer to home for Mum's etc...thanks for the idea sweetie!

Do you want me to ask my teacher for a contact in Surrey? She might be part of a group or something? xx

I wish they did classes round here. I have got a workout on my Oz Aerobics dvd and I could really feel my love handles and hips next day! (collectively known as my yumpies!)
Well done for joining! Let us know how your figure changes.

I wish they did classes round here. I have got a workout on my Oz Aerobics dvd and I could really feel my love handles and hips next day! (collectively known as my yumpies!)
Well done for joining! Let us know how your figure changes.

Thanks ladies!

I am LOVING the term yumpies! :D

I will let you know. I may not be able to give 100% credit to bellydancing as I am also currently doing a fair bit of aerobics/dance aerobics and body combat type exercises, but I think it's all going to help. Hopefully this will help with my yumpies ;-)

x

I'm having a weekend away with the younger girls and someone closer to home for Mum's etc...thanks for the idea sweetie!

Do you want me to ask my teacher for a contact in Surrey? She might be part of a group or something? xx

Glad I could be of assistance! What a great idea - two hen do's!!! I might struggle to get the numbers up for just one though!! lol

And that would be great! Hopefully she can point me in the right direction. Thanks hun x

I have been thinking of doing belly dancing because I hate my belly so much but love ancing. Already do ballroom and latin are you finding it is helping with any tummy you have?
Angie

I started belly dancing last week and its soooo much fun. I'm not much of a gym person, so this kinda class suits me fine. I was a bit nervous at first as i must be the most uncoordinated person in the universe, as well as being the youngest in the class - but the other women are really fun, and to be honest it doesn't matter if you make mistakes!!!!

Pole dancing would be amazing I did try to find out some information from my local class, but because it's so fashionable the prices were ridiculous

Back