Benefits of Dukan's (other than weight loss)

curvygirlie

Wanted to share - hope u don't mind.

I was in my regular Body Pump class this morning where there are mirrors at the front and the back of the room.
Towards the end of the class I caught sight of a trim & toned (ish) figure from the back and thought to myself "I don't recognise that woman ( i know everyone in the class) - who is it?" and then realised... It was the rear view of ME!

I may have only lost 10lbs so far but my body is changing so much, I'm actually starting to almost like what i see in the mirror...(gosh, dare i say it) NAKED!

..not that i was naked in the class - i meant in the privacy of my own bedroom..lol!

I'm not really seeing much loss on the scales and was getting annoyed with it and nearly gave up but a woman at work said I was disappearing. I thought she was just trying to be nice but the other day I fell off my bike and ripped all my work trousers (**megacringe**) and was panicking as the only thing suitable for work was a pair of black skinny jeans that I haven't worn for about a year and used to give me the biggest muffin top when I did. They slipped on easily and I was pulling them up for the rest of the day. So definitely seem to be shrinking even if the scales say I'm not getting much lighter! :D I haven't even lost a stone yet!

it's true, we get so hung up on the numbers, especially when we sts/stall when sometimes the measuring tape is what's needed for a boost.... x

Disappearing Celluite - omg!

Weirdly, the pre-planning and discipline I need for Dukan is impacting in the rest of my life too. I swim every morning, no excuses and I won't let myself do less than 40 laps straight. My work life balance has improved - I now work a strict 50 hour week. My workspace has been transformed - no clutter even come the end of a full day's teaching of maybe 7 different subjects. And best of all I feel very content with my lot. :)

I've always been a Pear shape, NO matter What the scales say - i'm either a slim Pear or a curvier Pear! Bum & Legs are the last place I loose weight, but with DD it's was the first!!
Now all I need is to get rid of the cankels!!! :) :)

Oooo I love this thread!

I have cheekbones again!

When I stood with my legs together, both legs would meet all the way down, with no gaps. I've actually got gaps at the top of my legs now and above and below my knees which were never there before! I actually seem to have shapely legs after all!

Also, my boobs have shrunk big style. For me that's a GREAT thing! And my cellulite has been blasted to smithereens!

My size 12 jeans which I bought last week now have a gap at the back!!!!

Happy, happy, happy!

I managed to get a pair of jeans on and zipped and fastened - FRESH FROM THE WASH - without doing the 'Knees up Mother Brown/Evenin' All' dance or the 'lying on the bed to make the belly flatter' thing - woohoo!!!!

People started commenting on how my skin looks!
I think it is because I am eating healthier than ever, I eat a lot of fish, at least 4 days a week..

Dukan ROCKS!! :happy036: xxx

Well done all! You've really stuck to it well and gained the rewards. I've been in a few weeks of not sticking well to it and so I've plateaued. But at least its not gone back on. I'm going away for a couple of weeks so will attack again when I come back. I hope I'll continue downwards as I'm off doing more island hopping swimming so should come back fitter. This diet is fairly sensitive, if you do it right you lose, but if you don't, you don't.

Back